Gran Turismo Sport Update Coming February 6

Who is this "we"? AFAIK, not everyone that plays Gran Turismo plays it to race cars.

I would be interested to see how many players have actually used scapes (Similar to kudosprimes summary of how many players use sport mode and binning how many races they've participated in). I think it would address some of the talking points around what value PD adding to the 1000+ scapes actually brings to the game.

I would be interested to see how many players have actually used scapes (Similar to kudosprimes summary of how many players use sport mode and binning how many races they've participated in). I think it would address some of the talking points around what value PD adding to the 1000+ scapes actually brings to the game.

It’s a game where you’re constantly online, so my assumption is PD is collecting data. Are they looking at it? Intelligently? No evidence of that to me, but maybe the data says people are enjoying the things I don’t care for. The metrics that are encouraging them are units sold and players logging on. Those appear to be doing well and telling them they’re adding features people like.

I have nearly identical photos and liveries so I could reach the “achievements”. :lol:

There are already games with limited photo modes, no livery editor, etc.
Why would you remove a unique feature, something that sets you apart from the others, in a genre where that's already quite difficult to do?

I swear, if some people had their way every bloody racing game would be exactly the same.

Hillarious.

You think that a 3D modeller for cars and tracks are paid the same and took much effort as a photographer (whose role are important to model the former and they likely intend the scapes as their simple side project)?

Also people who actually think scapes are just for photography clearly never played the game.

Remember this on brand central and garage?

Also ever see the track lineup nowadays after those updates? Not as many as GT6 yes but new one each month with consistent quality is something to commend. And now it is actually quite a lot to fiddle with.

Last edited:
There are already games with limited photo modes, no livery editor, etc.
Why would you remove a unique feature, something that sets you apart from the others, in a genre where that's already quite difficult to do?

I swear, if some people had their way every bloody racing game would be exactly the same.

Full of beautiful tracks, amazing cars, great physics and fun tight fair racing? Ugh. Gross.

As a PSVR owner, I think they should take the time between the January and (hopefully) March updates to beef up VR. All races, licenses, tests in all racing modes--arcade, campaign, sport campaign. 100% of it. I could see community racing and Sport being a little more difficult; but there's no reason campaign and arcade couldn't be VR.

Its all about the racing if resources are being diverted away from cars and tracks along with the racing for scapes and other useless things that is a big problem.

Agree or disagree we all play racing games to race not take pictures.
That's the thing here though. You actually don't even know if that's happening, nor do you know that removing that would free up any "resources" in a department you'd like it to.

Agree or disagree? :lol: no.

The funny thing here is that you're in no position to make that statement, for everyone else. Maybe YOU do, but really, that's the only person you can talk for here.

I likely spend just as much time, if not more, in photomode for games that have it available. There's a reason that the Photomode forums are so active. Maybe not so much anymore since a lot of games have a photomode now so time is spread out between other games for some, but still it's arguably the most active section on this Sub-Forum, besides the main GTS sub-forum.

So how did you play Gran Turismo 1 and 2??
Well, for me, I didn't. So that solves that ridiculous statement as if it was supposed to shut down that opinion.

Back