Gran Turismo Sport Update Coming February 6

Really?! Why?! I legitimately haven’t thought of a good reason for this. I am genuinely curious. Livery variations is the only thing I can think of, I get it, but it’s unimportant to me.

This allows for many different tunes.

Ah. I don’t bother with tuning. But, can’t you save multiple tunes on a single car?
Yes you can, but some people like to have their drift cars separate to their race cars, or enduro tuned cars separate from their sprint/TT cars. There's many reasons to have duplicates, and it's not hard to delete them if you don't want them :).

Last edited:
Now what's wrong with the physics? I honestly can't see how they can be improved upon any further. Not on 5 year old hardware, anyway. I'm all for fixing bugs and adding content, but enough with fumbling around in the source code. That should have been taken care of during initial/beta testing, not over 12 months after public release.

Imagine if movie directors released a movie, right? 6 months later they re-write the whole script and re-release it as the same movie. Then they do the same thing again 6 months after that. Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Wait so to you they can't be improved upon any further??? Yet last month you complained about the update to physics which you're doing again this month. It has been explained to you more than once why such a thing happens and why games tend to get continuous updates upon their life time due to added features and content that weren't there from original release. These things change the game yet again, but instead of stopping to review said answers from last month when you moaned about the change, you again go on a tirade about it.

The hardware isn't holding the game back along with the PS4 being updated hardware wise. So if you're all for the updates and content and all that stuff then you should equally be up for game fixing.

Your analogy doesn't make any sense, because a game is interactive and is to be played and unfold in a method you see fit within the boundaries of such a media. A movie is a determined and "rigid" story that is written and watched. Though movies are rebooted or remade all the time in an effort to make them more relevant to the time while capturing the original spirit of the story, or because people think it can be done better or simply because it's easier than making something new. These updates to physics though are none of that.

Someone sent me a pm a few days ago about something that really helped me out. They didn’t want to deal with the negative reaction of criticism of the game by posting it publicly. Just sayin’ and moving on.

Then why interact in the forum side of things?

As I said, I am curious why someone would want duplicates or confirm if it’s the livery thing.

For some it's a livery thing, for others they perhaps have a nations cup set up or daily workout set up in general and then have a duplicate car for my personalized leagues. Rather than have to go back and forth with set ups (or lack there of) they have options. No different than any other competitive game with duplicates options of some capacity.

At the end of the day it is again intended to give out duplicates by design and not give you something new everyday.

Then why interact in the forum side of things?

For some it's a livery thing, for others they perhaps have a nations cup set up or daily workout set up in general and then have a duplicate car for my personalized leagues. Rather than have to go back and forth with set ups (or lack there of) they have options. No different than any other competitive game with duplicates options of some capacity.

At the end of the day it is again intended to give out duplicates by design and not give you something new everyday.

Because not everyone is a dick when pointing out PD’s/GT Sports less than perfect performance. So for that it is worth it.

And duplicates by design when it’s also designed to let you save, duplicate settings and liveries. Seems a stupid idea to me, but it’s not for me. I’d say no skin off my chicken, but deleting the dupes is something I’d rather not do. I like to keep collections of things tidy. It’s not like I can skip the whole process and decline it. But hey, like the apologists say, it’s no big deal so not worth complaining about.

Anyone having slow loading times for pics and liveries? I deleted 190 decals down to 50. Been taking longer to load decals from the Collection menu.

Took one Scape pic and it's taking ages to Upload. Noticed this after the update.

Just then, it was at 43% and failed to upload. This has happened before after an uplate.

Edit: Checked my HouTube Channel. The video Itrimmed earlier today (about 5 hours ago) doesn't show.

Okay, second time is a charm for the uploaded Scape. That's good now. Still, weird one about my video.

Because not everyone is a dick when pointing out PD’s/GT Sports less than perfect performance. So for that it is worth it.

What does that have to do with joining a forum but not wanting to participate in said forum and yet talking through another member...quite strange and confusing but okay. Not sure what talking about the what and what nots of PD means in relation to my original point. However, considering you're the only one talking about apologists or akin to fanboys I'm seeing irony more than anything in your statement.

And duplicates by design when it’s also designed to let you save, duplicate settings and liveries. Seems a stupid idea to me, but it’s not for me. I’d say no skin off my chicken, but deleting the dupes is something I’d rather not do. I like to keep collections of things tidy. It’s not like I can skip the whole process and decline it. But hey, like the apologists say, it’s no big deal so not worth complaining about.

who is talking about duplicate livery, you yourself said you could see the point of people having duplicates for different liveries I said the same and some times sport mode only let's you use a certain livery design. Rather than change that about every time you could just use a duplicate for sport mode and your other for regular. Also people may find it easier to have track specific setups that go beyond the five page preset, and thus need another car. Some people take the leagues they play in and so forth pretty seriously.

And again you bring up the apologist term as if to broad stroke everyone quoting you? Not sure what the point again is in bring up something irrelevant. You wanted to know why people may like something you don't and rather than get an explanation you want to attack those people who do like it because you don't... Sorry if the game wasn't tailor made to your ideas, I agree certain features could be handled better.

For example instead of getting a duplicate you get a token for the cars you can gain through that system. Then those duplicates obtained can simply be deleted or perhaps converted with two or more of said tokens into a new car that you may not have yet. Thus you have an option to either get a duplicate, delete it with ease and without issue of it taking up garage space, and a third option to gain new cars with the duplicates you don't want. This is just an idea based on how other games handle similar gifting features.

And here I was hoping they would finally fix the lower brake lights and hazards on the R18's.

Can't tell when these things brake, with those thin rear upper wing lights alone PD! >.<

It can handle variable time condition (even the ps3 was capable of this lol) but you have to keep in mind that Driveclub runs at 30fps while project cars which doesn't even have the visual quality of GTS still can't mantain locked 60fps in rainy conditions (i remember that gt5/6 which they have had the same problem received quite ****sorm)
Well I guess I can't tell the difference. They all look good to me.

It's the greatest feature ever put into a GT game.

And to think, before the game was released, SO many people were against it. "It's not needed" "there'll be nothing but cars covered in d**ks and bare B**bs!" etc.

I've barely seen anything CLOSE to something "offensive" and I check the decal/livery uploads most days. All I see are incredible pieces of livery art, for the most part. PD gave the community this truly excellent tool and there are incredible amounts of people really making the best of it and really adding to the beautiful look of the game with their creations. It doesn't matter if you love official/simple/itasha/just cool made up stuff. THere's something in the Discover section for everyone and it's absolutely to PD's credit that they've allowed it to flourish as it has.

I thought they'd have nothing but problems with copyright issues etc, but it appears that either no one is paying attention, or PD have invested properly in the livery editor, crossing 't's and dotting 'i's.

Sport might not be my favourite GT, but it does do certain things better than ever before.

And to think, before the game was released, SO many people were against it. "It's not needed" "there'll be nothing but cars covered in d**ks and bare B**bs!" etc.

I've barely seen anything CLOSE to something "offensive" and I check the decal/livery uploads most days. All I see are incredible pieces of livery art, for the most part. PD gave the community this truly excellent tool and there are incredible amounts of people really making the best of it and really adding to the beautiful look of the game with their creations. It doesn't matter if you love official/simple/itasha/just cool made up stuff. THere's something in the Discover section for everyone and it's absolutely to PD's credit that they've allowed it to flourish as it has.

I thought they'd have nothing but problems with copyright issues etc, but it appears that either no one is paying attention, or PD have invested properly in the livery editor, crossing 't's and dotting 'i's.

Sport might not be my favourite GT, but it does do certain things better than ever before.

^^^Agreed. I personally had no intention of using the livery editor at all, but now it is my favorite mode. I had the same concerns when the decal uploader feature was announced, but so far it has worked out. There are improvements to be made to the editor, but PD laid the groundwork to make it possible to be change, if needed.

I’m not against a livery editor, I am against it, or something like it, such as a photo mode, taking priority or resources away from the REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR. I’ve got photoshop/Lightroom, if I wanted to Dick around with images I would do it there. By all means if others like it good on them, but I’d rather tracks and cars and spend my time driving in the driving simulator.

Maybe you guys need the real body shop simulator?

This game needs more than the livery editor if you want aesthetics. Look at Forza. Many race cars or rally cars there can have customized or personalized looks but here in GT, you can only have a handful number of race cars that can be allowed with that one and not all. I don't know but this is the usual logic of PD until now when it comes to their racing games. I hope the next-gen GT game will allow that feature for us players.

I’m not against a livery editor, I am against it, or something like it, such as a photo mode, taking priority or resources away from the REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR. I’ve got photoshop/Lightroom, if I wanted to Dick around with images I would do it there. By all means if others like it good on them, but I’d rather tracks and cars and spend my time driving in the driving simulator.

Maybe you guys need the real body shop simulator?

I couldn't agree more. If even one guy is sitting over at PD working on some "scapes photo crap" while we sit here without Deep Forest, Trial Mountain or Grand Valley then that's one too many. Cars and cameras exist in the real world and ""News Flash"" they are way better.
After all, the bread and butter of the game is the racing.

I couldn't agree more. If even one guy is sitting over at PD working on some "scapes photo crap" while we sit here without Deep Forest, Trial Mountain or Grand Valley then that's one too many. Cars and cameras exist in the real world and ""News Flash"" they are way better.
Except that anyone hired to do work for the photograph portion of the game won't be qualified for track or car modeling. That isn't how it works.

The bread & butter, are the graphics. Always will be.

Except that anyone hired to do work for the photograph portion of the game won't be qualified for track or car modeling. That isn't how it works.

I think you have missed the point here.

The criticism is that every person PD hires to create scapes means that they have less resources to hire people to model cars or tracks.

The criticism is that every person PD hires to create scapes means that they have less resources to hire people to model cars or tracks.
The expectation of that criticism is that everyone PD hires could work on cars and tracks, which isn't how it is in reality. I didn't miss anything there.

It wouldn't be surprising to me if it were to come out that PD utilises freelance photographers for scapes, considering the scapes are from all over the world.

The expectation of that criticism is that everyone PD hires could work on cars and tracks, which isn't how it is in reality. I didn't miss anything there.

The criticism is about PDs use of resources (read: hiring someone to make scapes instead of hiring someone to make tracks).

Nowhere in the post you quoted did they say they want Mr Scapes Man personally to jump the cubicle fence and make tracks.

PD could assign more of their budget to modelling tracks, and less to scapes, if they wanted to. Whether they make people redundant and re-hire to make that happen or not is a decision they can make, if they wanted to.

Its all about the racing if resources are being diverted away from cars and tracks along with the racing for scapes and other useless things that is a big problem.

Agree or disagree we all play racing games to race not take pictures.

Latest Posts

Back