Gran Turismo Sport v1.23 Now Available: New Circuit de Sainte-Croix, Mercedes F1 Car and More

Some thoughts about this update....
It realy sucks that F1 car cant change its livery... i would like more to have an generic F1 car that we could have replicate every F1 car livery of Hybrid era...
I love the 90's F1 cars with those brilliant V12 and i would like to see them in GT Sport!!!
The Kei cars are nice and fun to drive
Group C cars are my favorite Le Mans cars and i want them all (including PORSCHE)
It is realy stupid to have 20 mil. cars. With a price 5-6 mil are ok
The new track is like that they made it as fast as posibble from a track editor....
Ford GT is a true GT legend
PD if you want to make some money create some interesting car packs like (Porsche Ferrari Lamborginhi etc) and Track packs (Spa Laguna Seca COTA etc)
Thank you

Last edited:
Seems to be a new trend for the few top end cars allowing manual gearboxes.

Yeah, there are a few popping up here and there.. The Vantage S is getting a bit old, but a guaranteed classic, nevertheless. I'm recalling the recent debacle of Porsche launching the limited manual-only 911 R (with subsequent skyrocketing prices) and then, awhile later, offering a manual option for the (991.2) 911 GT3 RS (and Touring packages with no spoilers!) with no limited production...the guys who paid an arm and a leg for the 911 R must be fuming.

BTW, the manual 911 R in Assetto Corsa is such a fantastic drive with a wheel and shifter....heaven. I wish GT Sport would add the 911 R. AC physics, tire model and steering feel are better, but driving the 911 R in PSVR would be awesome!

Yes, there will be weeks where it’s a combo I don’t like

Lets take Race A, which is generally one-make but uses (well, used) 7 different tracks a week; There are now 238 cars and 51 track layouts which makes 12,138 possible combinations. At one car/track a week to go through all one-by-one, without repeats, would take over two hundred and thirty three years! Chances are you are never going to see your favourite car/track combination (or even one you really like) in Race A again, even if you lived two lifetimes.

If you only like sprint races (Race B) or endurance races (Race C) then, again going through one track and class (Gr1, 2, 3, or 4) combo a week (204 combinations), it would take 3 years and 11 months! (that doesn't include the occasional one-make endurance races PD throw into the mix).

If you were ever hoping to have your favourite class/car combination come up in both Race B and Race C, well thats 41,606 combinations which would take - wait for it - eight hundred years to go through!

Admittedly, even with true daily races, the numbers were still fairly high but they're not just not in the same ball park now, they're not even in the same universe!

So this week, from a purely personal perspective:
  • I hate stupid little Japanese cars (and am not a fan of Tsukuba) so I won't be touching Race A. FOR A WEEK.
  • Even though, individually, I love Suzuka and like Gr.4, no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get the pace I want with that particular track/class combination. Usually, in most classes, I'm around 1-2 seconds off the top 10 but for some reason with Suzuka/Gr.4 thats 2-3 seconds off. Now, on day two, that gap has increased to 4 seconds and I fear its only going to get worse as the week progresses. You could argue I could keep trying to improve my times but I know my skill level - I'm 40 years old, with a controller (I unfortunately don't have space for a wheel setup) - watching myself slip further and further away from the top 10 will be demoralising. I'll probably have another crack at the whip today but that will probably be me done with race B for 5 days.
  • I actually really like endurance races as, opposed to sprint races, there tends to be less idiots in them and I've managed to pull off some really nice wins by playing with strategies; I try to be really smooth and hence light on tyres - if I'm not on pole most of my places are made up when others are struggling with their tyres - so I can opt for a splash-and-dash towards the end of a race instead of a full pit-stop (and long refuelling) in the middle. Personally I think the new track sucks balls so, guess what? I won't be touching Race C. FOR A WEEK.
Currently, work permitting, I try to jump on to Sport Mode every day (hey, I'm 40, single and don't have kids - don't judge how I spend my time) purely because there was a new challenge every day, which prevented the same people from dominating week after week, now I'll probably pop into Sport Mode maybe once or twice a week and even then only if there is a track/class combination I like - The chances of which PD have exponentially lowered!

Anecdotally, if the majority of the comments in various threads about this subject are to be believed, I am far from the only one who thinks this is going to be detrimental to play time. Well done PD, well done. *slow hand clap*

B Reverse is best.

Yep, am loving that version. I also find that there is a pretty extreme difference in enjoyment between hotlapping the new track (very boring) and racing (very exciting and fun). I have only raced the AI in custom races so far but gr3 races on track B reverse is so much fun.

CJ

I really can’t understand why an association with the FIA would mean that fictional circuits in a virtual realm need to be up to any kind of “safety standard”, that makes no sense to me. Even if that is the case for whatever reason, this circuit is not even close to any kind of realistic safety standard. You can’t have a 1km+ long straight followed by a 90’ corner that has absolutely zero runoff. That’s why I say it feels like neither a fantastic fantasy track, nore a realistic but fictional one either.

In regards to the road curbs on Sierra, to me they weren’t such a big deal. Circuits like the isle of Mann TT have painted curbs the whole way around that stay there year round, when the circuit is used by the public. If you find videos of old European road circuits from the 70s and 80s, they too had lots of painted curbs, and BIG curbs at that. Circuits like Brno, or Rouen Les Essarts, Reims, Sachsenring, etc.

I just drove the A circuit, the ones that’s supposed to be the “Grand Prix” circuit I guess? I count 22 corners on the circuit, and exactly 11 of them feel the exact same. Same turn in point, trail brake the exact same, same apex, same throttle application on exit.

The first sector is dizzying and forgettable, with one 90’ blending into the next. It’s a good thing the corners are all the same, because it’s really easy to lose track of where you are.

There’s not a single unique or eyebrow raising corner. No Stowe, no Eau Rouge, no 130R...not a single memorable corner that really tests you. Just one repetitive 90’ technical corner after the next, mixed up by the odd curved straight.

Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but the entire concept of these circuits, all the 90’ corners in all the layouts - it feels like either someone at PD either lost a bet, or is trying to prove a point. It’s like some closet circuit designer is trying to out-tilke, Tilke. “Look how much flow I can make with 90’ corners...”, or something like that. Either that, or the FIA tasked PD with testing the race-ability of various 90’ corners for Formula E research purposes.

Just ran the short corse....not too bad 👍. It has some nice rythem, and majority of the corners are both unique and memorable. The few 90’ corners here are nice, they’re not repetitive and they don’t break up the flow.
Yeah I agree with all you said. Again the results have not matched the teasers expectations and hype.

Many of us just want a different aproach of a track just to cruise or to get away a bit of the sport mode type of tracks. More like a road like it was Sierra or with a Nurburgring nordschleife feel. I'm not asking for something like TDU or Horizon I know is not the same kind of game. If thats not possible then some real track like Fuji, Motegi, there are a lot missing

And what's up with that narrow mountain road pass that had update cars running on it in the main menu some months ago? That was just one lane but I would not care if they make it raceble and like two lanes wide. There's enough inspiration in Japan of mountain roads. But again I'm afraid all tracks they would include has to be like raceble for all kind of cars, from n100 to Gr.1 and that is ruinning the variety.

And true the length and flow of B is the best. The A and C wide sections look a lot generic.

Lets take Race A, which is generally one-make but uses (well, used) 7 different tracks a week; There are now 238 cars and 51 track layouts which makes 12,138 possible combinations. At one car/track a week to go through all one-by-one, without repeats, would take over two hundred and thirty three years! Chances are you are never going to see your favourite car/track combination (or even one you really like) in Race A again, even if you lived two lifetimes.

If you only like sprint races (Race B) or endurance races (Race C) then, again going through one track and class (Gr1, 2, 3, or 4) combo a week (204 combinations), it would take 3 years and 11 months! (that doesn't include the occasional one-make endurance races PD throw into the mix).

If you were ever hoping to have your favourite class/car combination come up in both Race B and Race C, well thats 41,606 combinations which would take - wait for it - eight hundred years to go through!

Admittedly, even with true daily races, the numbers were still fairly high but they're not just not in the same ball park now, they're not even in the same universe!

• I hate stupid little Japanese cars (and am not a fan of Tsukuba) so I won't be touching Race A. FOR A WEEK.
  • Even though, individually, I love Suzuka and like Gr.4, no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get the pace I want with that particular track/class combination. Usually, in most classes, I'm around 1-2 seconds off the top 10 but for some reason with Suzuka/Gr.4 thats 2-3 seconds off. Now, on day two, that gap has increased to 4 seconds and I fear its only going to get worse as the week progresses. You could argue I could keep trying to improve my times but I know my skill level - I'm 40 years old, with a controller (I unfortunately don't have space for a wheel setup) - watching myself slip further and further away from the top 10 will be demoralising. I'll probably have another crack at the whip today but that will probably be me done with race B for 5 days.
  • I actually really like endurance races as, opposed to sprint races, there tends to be less idiots in them and I've managed to pull off some really nice wins by playing with strategies; I try to be really smooth and hence light on tyres - if I'm not on pole most of my places are made up when others are struggling with their tyres - so I can opt for a splash-and-dash towards the end of a race instead of a full pit-stop (and long refuelling) in the middle. Personally I think the new track sucks balls so, guess what? I won't be touching Race C. FOR A WEEK.
Currently, work permitting, I try to jump on to Sport Mode every day (hey, I'm 40, single and don't have kids - don't judge how I spend my time) purely because there was a new challenge every day, which prevented the same people from dominating week after week, now I'll probably pop into Sport Mode maybe once or twice a week and even then only if there is a track/class combination I like - The chances of which PD have exponentially lowered!

Anecdotally, if the majority of the comments in various threads about this subject are to be believed, I am far from the only one who thinks this is going to be detrimental to play time. Well done PD, well done. *slow hand clap*
Great post. Really enjoyed reading this.

Fantastic post, glad to see so many of us are on the same page!
:cheers::gtpflag:

I have a question about the false start.
Can I use the clutch instead of a handbrake for the start?
Has anyone tried this yet. I can't get on for a couple of days to test it.

If the Audi in your profile picture is your car (414bhp B7 RS4?) as standard it produces 317 ft-lb at 5,500 rpm (much higher up the rev range than a diesel) but it also has Audi's Quattro system with automatic torque biasing, an electronic differential lock and "Anti-Slip Regulation" (otherwise known as Traction Control to normal people). Theoretically, with decent tyres, it shouldn't even wheelspin in the wet (but then again, if you live somewhere in the US that only sporadically gets rain, or only in the winter, your roads turn to glass/ice when it does rain anyway! :lol:)

While my 130bhp B6 diesel produces 210* ft-lb, ~100 less than yours, it does so at just 1750-2500 rpm, a whole order lower in the rev range. This makes it comparatively more likely to induce wheelspin due to the low speed / low revs / high torque combo. Also my B6 diesel doesn't have any of the fancy Quattro and more advanced ESP stuff that the B7 RS4 does. With ESP (and thus TC) on my tyres will give a little squeal in 1st and (if shifting down early) 2nd before the TC kicks in. Obviously with ESP (and TC) off it will squeal like a piggy in 1st and slightly less so in 2nd, in 3rd the speed is too high (and due to gear ratios is slightly above the max torque range of the engine where diesel engines start to run out of steam) to get any wheel spin out of it.

*probably not quite that much any more, the old girl is 12 years old after all.

If you want to try it we could swap cars? I don't mind. Really. :lol::lol::lol:

I have a 2014 A4. I have yet to make the tires spin. Maybe the TCS is so advanced now? It's also one of the multi trans types. Technically an automatic but I can use Auto stick or also put it in sport mode. When the wife isn't in the car, I use auto stick :D.

People are upset with thd new track, but when I watch me replays of Gr. 4 cars, they tell a different story. Thw replay cameras are set up nicely around the track. More stationary with good panning.

Watching my NSX at full attack in braking, side by side in the turns, full suspension compression in hard cornering. The layouts translate to a different experience from a spectator's view. Which, brings me to a feature I'd have time for. B-Spec.

With inclusion of LE, I'd like to boot up a race and just watch my car drive around a circuit, Live. I'm a little bit at the stage of wanting to watch racing, rather than partake and then watch the replays.

So, if anyone is still on the fence about the new circuit, do one lap in your favorite car and watch the replay. Just to look at from a different viewpoint.

I have a 2014 A4. I have yet to make the tires spin. Maybe the TCS is so advanced now? It's also one of the multi trans types. Technically an automatic but I can use Auto stick or also put it in sport mode. When the wife isn't in the car, I use auto stick :D.

My A4 is a B6 (2000-2006), registered in 2003. I actually made a mistake in my earlier post saying its twelve years old; I've had it for 12 years, but it was three years old when I brought it pre-owned, so its actually 15 years old now :(

Chances are you may be right about it not having as advanced TC as later, and bigger engine, models.

I think I’m gonna make St. Croixe my new general testing venue besides Kyoto.

It has the long sweeping corners mixed with tight angled corners I like so I can test different suspension settings with regards to camber and Anti-roll bar as well as LSD.

Just drove the Ford GT LM at La Sarthe with Gr.3 BoP on. The GT reaches 180mph on the straight before I reach the first chicane. I thought the Mustang Gr.3 was pretty fast, but it only reaches 176mph. Does any other Gr.3 car even come close to 180? I doubt it.

I believe the Audi R8 LMS can reach 180 when it isn't neutered by BoP in Daily....er... I mean weekly races.

Will I get banned from this forum if I dont moan like a pampered brat and say I liked this update?

No, just don't double post. They HATE that.

I'm fairly certain the real bridge over the St. Croix is between Minnesota and Wisconsin.

That looks a heck of a lot like the new Tappan Zee Bridge heading into NY. Must be the new way of designing bridges now.

Hate to say I told you so but even before release I said PD would bring microtransactions into play, Looks like I was right all along, I don't need people trying to excuse PD for adding them at all, Did GT:Sport really tank that hard that they need to supplement their income with an anti-consumer practice?

Online only + Mircotransactions = Time for GT:Sport to collect dust.

IMO these are different. These aren't "you must pay us money to get these cars and tracks" It's simply a way for someone to get a car without having to grind for it.

As for my impressions of the new update.

I only got to download it and test drive the new F1 car. I had enough credits left over to get the new Honda, which I did not get to use yet. Nor did I get to use the new track.

So last night what I was able to do was take out the new F1 on Dragon Trails Seaside and Monza.

My first impression was "holy 🤬 this thing is fast!" I had read all day about how the rear tires were spinning out and the car was undrivable. I didn't have that issue except for turns where I had to slow down a good ways and then if I took the turn too narrow and hit the throttle too aggressively. Once I figured that out, the car is quite driveable. I drove it with TCS at 3 at first but then turned it off.

Also, I heard a lot of people complaining about the sound. Not sure if the complaints were based on not liking the sound, or the sound not sounding like the car, but to my ears, the car sounds exactly how it sounds when I watch it on TV.

Last edited:
I drove it with TCS at 3 at first but then turned it off
At first I drove it with TCS at 1, just to get to grips with it and have a teeny-tiny bit of a safety net, but then I turned it off and found that it was actually better to drive. I wonder if thats got something to do with the real thing not having traction control and GTs TCS messes it up??

I'm enjoying the new Circuit de Sainte-Croix shorter B course, if you can't driven it with the Mercedes-AMG F1 W08 or F1500T-A I highly recommend it.

W08 F1 can go down to 583HP and you can't put it above 100%. Same with weight in that you can't make it lighter.

That's odd right?

At first I drove it with TCS at 1, just to get to grips with it and have a teeny-tiny bit of a safety net, but then I turned it off and found that it was actually better to drive. I wonder if thats got something to do with the real thing not having traction control and GTs TCS messes it up??

I am not an F1 expert, nor do I play one on TV, however, with that said; From what I have been told by people who do know better than myself, F1 cars HAVE to be driven fast. TCS in the game, we know, slows you down. So could be something to that.

I am not an F1 expert, nor do I play one on TV, however, with that said; From what I have been told by people who do know better than myself, F1 cars HAVE to be driven fast. TCS in the game, we know, slows you down. So could be something to that.

Yes, F1 cars, much like Indy cars and, to a lesser extent, other single seaters with relative aero effects, have to be driven hard; not only to get the brakes and tyres working, and keep them working, but to get all that wonderful downforce working its invisible magic.

Actually TCS can (but not always) make you faster. If you can drive a car well without it it can actually help you eek out a couple of hundredths here and there by catching little things that you may not even notice; it works with you. However, if you drive with all the coordination of a demented gibbon and its constantly having to try to correct your mistakes it will massively slow you down; it has to fight against your* buffoonery.

* I mean 'your' in a general sense, not you personally :lol:

So I finally decided to buy the X014 Red Bull Standard but with the intention of making it drive like a somewhat normal car.

So I lowered the HP to GP3 level (400), minimized downforce, and it still had too much grip so I put it on Sport Soft tires. Now that's a fun car to throw around!

Yes, F1 cars, much like Indy cars and, to a lesser extent, other single seaters with relative aero effects, have to be driven hard; not only to get the brakes and tyres working, and keep them working, but to get all that wonderful downforce working its invisible magic.

Actually TCS can (but not always) make you faster. If you can drive a car well without it it can actually help you eek out a couple of hundredths here and there by catching little things that you may not even notice; it works with you. However, if you drive with all the coordination of a demented gibbon and its constantly having to try to correct your mistakes it will massively slow you down; it has to fight against your* buffoonery.

* I mean 'your' in a general sense, not you personally :lol:

I knew what you meant :cheers:

I do drive certain cars with TCS at 1. Audi R18, R8 LMS, Porsche 911 RSR and the Lexus AU Tom.

I don't notice a time difference between TCS 1 or off with those cars. However, I do notice that they can be very sensitive without it on.

With that said, I haven't tried it out with the new tire update, perhaps it's changed now.

:banghead: :yuck:

I'm seriously sick to to stomach. They give us the ability to spend money on cars when we don't feel like taking the time to grind for them, but don't allow you to use said function on the 20 million cr. cars that you would take the time to grind for! That's the only way this function would have any use to anyone and you can't even do that. Great decision making again

Last edited:
I do drive certain cars with TCS at 1. Audi R18, R8 LMS, Porsche 911 RSR and the Lexus AU Tom.

I don't notice a time difference between TCS 1 or off with those cars. However, I do notice that they can be very sensitive without it on.

I drive pretty much exclusively with TCS off, unless I'm jumping in something new and set it to 1 for a little bit just to get to grips with a car. Even in that limited circumstance 99.9999% of the time though it only ever flashes during gear change so I'm fairly certain its nothing more than a placebo effect at this point. :lol:

Back