Gran Turismo Sport v1.23 Now Available: New Circuit de Sainte-Croix, Mercedes F1 Car and More

I believe the Audi R8 LMS can reach 180 when it isn't neutered by BoP in Daily....er... I mean weekly races.

No, just don't double post. They HATE that.

That looks a heck of a lot like the new Tappan Zee Bridge heading into NY. Must be the new way of designing bridges now.

IMO these are different. These aren't "you must pay us money to get these cars and tracks" It's simply a way for someone to get a car without having to grind for it.

As for my impressions of the new update.

I only got to download it and test drive the new F1 car. I had enough credits left over to get the new Honda, which I did not get to use yet. Nor did I get to use the new track.

So last night what I was able to do was take out the new F1 on Dragon Trails Seaside and Monza.

My first impression was "holy 🤬 this thing is fast!" I had read all day about how the rear tires were spinning out and the car was undrivable. I didn't have that issue except for turns where I had to slow down a good ways and then if I took the turn too narrow and hit the throttle too aggressively. Once I figured that out, the car is quite driveable. I drove it with TCS at 3 at first but then turned it off.

Also, I heard a lot of people complaining about the sound. Not sure if the complaints were based on not liking the sound, or the sound not sounding like the car, but to my ears, the car sounds exactly how it sounds when I watch it on TV.

I think all cars sound bizarre in that bumper cam, always that gears whining - even that F1 Mercedes has that, which is... bizarre.
hood/roof camera sound doesn't has that, the think is that `whining` sound can help you as it works as an audible speed indicator.

Good job nothing actually horrible has happened in your life then, if the ignoreable ability to buy 218 of 238 cars in GT Sport with up to $3 makes you physically ill.
We all know what assuming does...

He's assuming nothing bad has happened in my life because for some reason there's a comparison with that and my opinion about a video game. He doesn't know me. Moving on.

He's assuming nothing bad has happened in my life because for some reason there's a comparison with that and my opinion about a video game. He doesn't know me. Moving on.
Nope. "He" is suggesting that you're over-reacting in an hilarious way.

If this, of all things, which doesn't matter in any way, actually makes you physically sick, the consequences of something that matters happening would probably make you stroke out.

At first I drove it with TCS at 1, just to get to grips with it and have a teeny-tiny bit of a safety net, but then I turned it off and found that it was actually better to drive. I wonder if thats got something to do with the real thing not having traction control and GTs TCS messes it up??

I'm assuming you're talking about the F1 car because I experienced the exact same thing. I forgot to turn TCS off, and it was driving horrible. Then I turned it off and it became so much better. The problem is, it's still horrible in low speed corners.

It's pretty unrealistic at low speeds. I refuse to believe the Merc should be this much harder to drive than the 2017 Ferrari F1 in Assetto Corsa. I want to stick with it because it could be a lot of fun with some updates.

Even low speed corners the lowest you need to go is 3rd. Maybe 2nd for something like the Suzuka hair pin but only to get turn in and quickly go back to 3rd.

Also, i find these cars at the high extreme end of speed to be a waste if i can't enjoy driving them consistently at a casual level. That's not fun for me. Put it at low power though and it becomes manageable. It's a great Formula 2 car :lol:

So I'm liking the rally portion again.

Feels a lot less slippery.

With this change, I hope PD drops some more rally oriented tracks in the future.

Oooh, I quite like the, admittedly, unrealistic rally courses as they offered something different, just for a little change (and its a great feeling when you manage to get the proper full on rally drift going, although, admittedly again, with far less risk than the real deal because the tracks are so wide... too wide).

Really enjoyed the Gt League 4x4 Sardegna race in an old Bishi IV Evo. Rallying feels less slippy but still requires inputs ahead of time. Not sure how realistic, but it's more fun.

I am loving the fact they actually changed daily races to weekly, maybe people actually learn how to drive properly around the track now with enough time on their hands!! :)

Also, everytime I would find out the dailies were using a car or track I really love, I would only end up having time to get a couple races in. Now, hopefully we'll get full weeks of Group 1, and racing karts :lol:

I am loving the fact they actually changed daily races to weekly, maybe people actually learn how to drive properly around the track now with enough time on their hands!! :)

Also, everytime I would find out the dailies were using a car or track I really love, I would only end up having time to get a couple races in. Now, hopefully we'll get full weeks of Group 1, and racing karts :lol:

Glad to hear of some support for weekly races as I like the change as well.

Overall I am really happy with this update and it's content, made me feel like a small kid again discovering some old friends when I first raced
with the new cars and did practice on the new St Croix track.

Most important to mention I am glad the penalty system was changed again as now I can actually enjoy my online racing without having to constantly
worry about a huge penalty.

Most important to mention I am glad the penalty system was changed again as now I can actually enjoy my online racing without having to constantly
worry about a huge penalty.

Has it changed? Doesn't seem to at my end. For example, yesterday on race C. I started pole. Turn 2 the inevitable happens and ******** behind me slams into me yet I get a 5 second penalty for hitting the wall and demoted to 5th. In the meantime he gets no penalty. Then I run wide on the right hand fast ish curve to the long straight after the bridge. Slightly tap the blue and white barriers - another 5 second penalty!! Then the final straw came when someone slip streamed me down the long straight. Outbreaks himself, smashes into my back end causing me to hit another car. I get a 10 second penalty even though the car in front didn't go off and once again the car that caused it got nothing!!!! The penalty system is broken beyond belief. They should scrap it and start from fresh after watching a few real races. No one in real life would get a penalty for scraping a bit of armco!

Has it changed? Doesn't seem to at my end. For example, yesterday on race C. I started pole. Turn 2 the inevitable happens and ******** behind me slams into me yet I get a 5 second penalty for hitting the wall and demoted to 5th. In the meantime he gets no penalty. Then I run wide on the right hand fast ish curve to the long straight after the bridge. Slightly tap the blue and white barriers - another 5 second penalty!! Then the final straw came when someone slip streamed me down the long straight. Outbreaks himself, smashes into my back end causing me to hit another car. I get a 10 second penalty even though the car in front didn't go off and once again the car that caused it got nothing!!!! The penalty system is broken beyond belief. They should scrap it and start from fresh after watching a few real races. No one in real life would get a penalty for scraping a bit of armco!

For me it has most definetly changed. I have done some major testing with my main account.

To be fair I have only done Race A and Race B this week but I delibaretly got rammed from behind and no times have I been given a 5 second penalty,
however I have had the penalty if that impact forced me into a wall, those penalties are still present and can build up.

If you hit a car "full whack" or someone else makes you hit a car hard it will still give you the 10 second penalty but for me these are small
improvements over the old changes.

I agree the barrier penalties should go as we get slowed down enough by the speed loss so I think that should be more than enough penalty
for a driver to learn.

I recently picked up a PSPro and the first time I played GTS was after this update. Some of the car icons in the garage are not showing and the overall display area in-game is slightly larger than fits on the TV. Any advice on how to fix this? Never had this issue on my Slim.

Is it just me or are the cars behaving differently?

Driving group 4 cars at Suzuka and they all feel loose compared to before, the GTR for example, i used to run at 0 TC and 5 for brake bias but had to run at 1 and 0 yesterday. The vette seemed twitchier too, is it just me??

I recently picked up a PSPro and the first time I played GTS was after this update. Some of the car icons in the garage are not showing and the overall display area in-game is slightly larger than fits on the TV. Any advice on how to fix this? Never had this issue on my Slim.
Leave the garage page open and your cars should slowly start to reappear. I've not experienced the screen size issue so I can't help you there other than check the settings on your TV, Playstation, and in GTS.

Hi

Can someone help me with two situations?!

The first question refers to the level of consumption of fuel and tires of the game, the old 10x wear corresponds to the new 30x or not? is there any information to compare the value of 10x on the new scale up to 30x?

The second question concerns the differences in grip strength due to tire temperature variations in races where the "Tire wear" option is active have been adjusted; this means that according to the time of the track where we play the wear and tear is different in the tests? this is confirmed?

Thanks!

Back