Gran Turismo Sport's DLC program - an in-depth analysis

• Thread starter Razamataz
  • 511 comments
Actually, the Z32 was premium.

The premium JDM icons are also the Hawkeye STI, Evo 9, 350Z, and 370Z.

And the non premium JDMs are also Corolla Levin, Mazda NB, 180SX, S14 93(Zenki), and S14 96(Kouki).

Other noteworthy premium cars are the BMW M5 E60, and the BMW M3 E92.

About better variations, the Murcielago SV, 430 Scuderia, ZR1, Z4 M, etc.
It’s not a perfect list so naturally there’s always something going to be missed. As for the better variations, Polyphony have a habit of adding the base model first with regards to the DLC in GTS. This is true in the case of the Audi R8 and the Diablo. Maybe they’ll add them in the future but we’re a while off that just yet.

Just curious here, but have you ever posted on GTPlanet and not mentioned a Silvia? I’ve never known such dedication to a car.

Any chance of the Ferrari F2007 and the Ferrari F10 ever returning to GT Sport??

I hope it comes back because they were removed in GT6 due to licensing issues.

Plus the F2007 and F10 looked pretty detailed in GT5 all it will need is an upgrade to bring it to PS4 standards.

I just hope more F1 cars come.

Any chance of the Ferrari F2007 and the Ferrari F10 ever returning to GT Sport??

I hope it comes back because they were removed in GT6 due to licensing issues.

Plus the F2007 and F10 looked pretty detailed in GT5 all it will need is an upgrade to bring it to PS4 standards.

I just hope more F1 cars come.
I wonder if we're restricted to just one F1 manufacturer in terms of licensing? Or is just a case that two different vehicles can't be seen alongside one another? I'd be curious to hear the exact rules regarding F1 content.

How 'bout those Rally Raid Cars? How come nobody has even mentioned them here yet? Man, how I wish they were included already in the game from the start. Among them, the 2003 Pajero Evolution was my personal favorite and my most used car in GT5. Too bad that as a standard and racecar, along with other rally cars, you can't do much to change anything aesthetically (you know PD's logic). PD should at least allow that but I guess you won't also expect them to deviate those cars too from being like that in case they make way into GT Sport in the future. They will still be like how they used to be in the old Gran Turismo games, no aesthetic mods at all, which is boring, at least for most of them.

Edit: So only the Celica GT-FOUR is the existing rally car to date in the game? I don't have the game yet so could somebody clarify? TIA.

Even if that's the case, they should add more in the future and they should also revive that special rally event from GT5 where only most rally cars are qualified. I think I had fun with that event before.

Last edited:
How 'bout those Rally Raid Cars? How come nobody has even mentioned them here yet? Man, how I wish they were included already in the game from the start. Among them, the 2003 Pajero Evolution was my personal favorite and my most used car in GT5. Too bad that as a standard and racecar, along with other rally cars, you can't do much to change anything aesthetically (you know PD's logic). PD should at least allow that but I guess you won't also expect them to deviate those cars too from being like that in case they make way into GT Sport in the future. They will still be like how they used to be in the old Gran Turismo games, no aesthetic mods at all, which is boring, at least for most of them.

Edit: So only the Celica GT-FOUR is the existing rally car to date in the game? I don't have the game yet so could somebody clarify? TIA.

Even if that's the case, they should add more in the future and they should also revive that special rally event from GT5 where only most rally cars are qualified. I think I had fun with that event before.
GT5 notably featured 4 rally cars from the 2008 WRC. However due to licensing issues plus the fact they're a little dated now I doubt they'll reappear in GTS.

The most likely addition to the rally roster will probably be the Toyota Celica rally car from 1995 as it was the only other premium besides the 2 Audi Quattros (1 of which is already is GTS). There's a couple of Pikes Peak vehicles driven by Tajima, the SX4 and the E-Runner that might possibly reappear. Imagine if they debuted as DLC alongside the track itself?

There's a ton of rally vehicles in past games but they're all standards so who knows when they'll reappear. The Celica GT-Four as a road car is yet to be added, but in past games it was only available as a standard. It's a pretty iconic JDM though and is a prime candidate for a remaster. Anyone remember it's inclusion in Sega Rally?

There are no rally cars at all in GTS aside from fictional modern Group B cars. We do have one hillclimb car (the Rohrl Audi Quattro). Rally raid cars don't seem likely, the most recent one in any Gran Turismo is 15 years old and wasn't a premium. The new Dakar game is out in a week and will have a few cars, trucks and bikes.

GT5 notably featured 4 rally cars from the 2008 WRC. However due to licensing issues plus the fact they're a little dated now I doubt they'll reappear in GTS.

The most likely addition to the rally roster will probably be the Toyota Celica rally car from 1995 as it was the only other premium besides the 2 Audi Quattros (1 of which is already is GTS). There's a couple of Pikes Peak vehicles driven by Tajima, the SX4 and the E-Runner that might possibly reappear. Imagine if they debuted as DLC alongside the track itself?

There's a ton of rally vehicles in past games but they're all standards so who knows when they'll reappear. The Celica GT-Four as a road car is yet to be added, but in past games it was only available as a standard. It's a pretty iconic JDM though and is a prime candidate for a remaster. Anyone remember it's inclusion in Sega Rally?
Oh that's too bad. They're only standard since most of them came out in the early GT games but some of them could've become premium in GT5.

The Celica is great but I just wish that at least more of them could have been present in the game, if not all, especially the ones which have achieved remarkable victories during their time, like the Pajero. AFAIK, it won 12 titles in the Dakar rally, a feat that has not yet been broken by any other rally vehicle involved there ever since. But we really can't do anything if they're not going to add it in the future. Who knows though. I just wonder why the licensing would be an issue but for sure that creates complications for them.

That said, I'd appreciate to see some of them in the future so that the DLC content is not just limited to racing cars or concept cars, etc. If they were able to make it in the past GT games, why not in GT sport. Lol.

Btw, I have no idea about the tracks you're saying but probably, that would be a good addition if they choose to add it too.

There are no rally cars at all in GTS aside from fictional modern Group B cars. We do have one hillclimb car (the Rohrl Audi Quattro). Rally raid cars don't seem likely, the most recent one in any Gran Turismo is 15 years old and wasn't a premium. The new Dakar game is out in a week and will have a few cars, trucks and bikes.
What Dakar game? Yes, rally raid cars may seem unlikely to make way into the game but I think it's still possible. They could add at least some of them, like the most notable ones, since they won't add too many. For now though, this is just a wishful thinking.

Last edited:
What Dakar game? Yes, rally raid cars may seem unlikely to make way into the game but I think it's still possible. They could add at least some of them, like the most notable ones, since they won't add too many. For now though, this is just a wishful thinking.
This one: https://www.dakarthegame.com

As for Gran Turismo it's possible, I don't think there are any licence restrictions caused by the official game (Forza can licence them) but it seems like the interest from PD isn't high enough.

This one: https://www.dakarthegame.com

As for Gran Turismo it's possible, I don't think there are any licence restrictions caused by the official game (Forza can licence them) but it seems like the interest from PD isn't high enough.
Oh, that's only available for the new-gen consoles. Too bad I don't have one yet.

Anyway, for me, its just nice seeing these AWD machines being raced in the game. There's also the fact that some of them look cool too. I'm a fan of cool and sporty looking SUVs & offroad vehicles. Maybe PD could also add some of them, mostly the ones which are performance-oriented. Even just a fictional or concept will do if ever.

And since we're on the topic of rally cars.....

DDnpWEzVYAAhCmx.jpg:large

Here's to hoping they give justice to that car. Even a road version of the Impreza 22B would be enough.

I think we’ll get the following rally cars:

Peugeot 205 T16 Evo II
Lancia Delta S4
Lancia 037 Rallye
Renault R5 Turbo 2

Of the latest rally cars probably the Fiesta and Yaris.
I have a gut feeling we’ll see two Lancia’s in the form of the Stratos and the 037 very soon, this month or next. I can see a museum feature debuting alongside them as well. The 037 has apparently been modelled recently and the Stratos currently exists as a PS3 premium.

Another hunch I have is that we’ll soon see a remastered 90s era Impreza alongside a Lan Evo 6. Polyphony have a habit of releasing DLC with a mini theme of sorts (Super GT, Toyotas, Renaults, Group C etc.). JDM rally could be certainly be another. Come to think of it the Celica GT-FOUR would round out this DLC pack rather nicely.

I have a gut feeling we’ll see two Lancia’s in the form of the Stratos and the 037 very soon, this month or next. I can see a museum feature debuting alongside them as well. The 037 has apparently been modelled recently and the Stratos currently exists as a PS3 premium.

Another hunch I have is that we’ll soon see a remastered 90s era Impreza alongside a Lan Evo 6. Polyphony have a habit of releasing DLC with a mini theme of sorts (Super GT, Toyotas, Renaults, Group C etc.). JDM rally could be certainly be another. Come to think of it the Celica GT-FOUR would round out this DLC pack rather nicely.
While it’s nice to have the road going homologation specials. I hope PD don’t omit actual competition cars such as Group A Rally and Touring Cars. With no race upgrades or even basic modification likes race brakes we can’t even build such cars ourselves.

I wouldn't hold your breath for road going Toyotas. They (Toyota) seem to not really want any of their road cars in any video games anymore. GTS has a few because they probably came to an agreement before Toyota decided to go all Early 2000s Honda.

If you go by what happened in Horizon 3, then Toyota Lexus and Mitsubishi have all decided their road cars are not to be featured in games going forward...

If you go by what happened in Horizon 3, then Toyota Lexus and Mitsubishi have all decided their road cars are not to be featured in games going forward...

I was always under the impression that the reason Toyota road models were disappearing from other games was because they were getting all buddy-buddy with Polyphony. Kinda like Porsche and EA but in a much less obvious sort of way.

I can't see Mitsubishi, Toyota or Lexus dropping out entirely from Gran Turismo. I'm under the impression that GT has done plenty for the automotive industry, especially with those brands (GT is probably one of the reasons why the Lancer Evo eventually made it to the US from the Evo 8 onwards, GT following along with the GT86's development and adding all of its concept phases to GT5/6, and now a repeat of this of sorts with the FT-1/GR Supra in GT6/Sport, plus the fact that these brands even have Vision GTs at all) so it might not be a good idea for them to back out here, at least.

I wonder if we're restricted to just one F1 manufacturer in terms of licensing? Or is just a case that two different vehicles can't be seen alongside one another? I'd be curious to hear the exact rules regarding F1 content.

I heard it cant be cars from the same season.

Really ridiculous to be honest. Nobody wants to buy an yearly F1 game to enjoy F1 cars. I have a feeling Codemasters also has the monopoly on classic cars I hope im wrong. Because I want to see the Ferrari 248 F1 in Gt sport alongside the F2007 and F10.

That Forza is an American game so it's different. I highly doubt that's going to be the same case for Gran Turismo since it's a Japanese game. Not to mention that Toyota is also second when it comes to the number of present cars by manufacturers in their previous games. Heck, even their kei car subsidiary brand, which is Daihatsu, existed already since GT2. But in GT Sport, there are really only limited models right now from the brands you mentioned, though hopefully we could expect more from them in the future.

Well since Polyphony added the DeTomaso Pantera (with the added bonus of the debut of DeTomaso) we can potentially see the debut of even more brands, old and new (with Koenigsegg being a somewhat possibility one day, with probably the Regera, since it was once rumored for GT Sport, but debunked when it ended up in Driveclub).

It could also be likely that by October (since it's the one-year anniversary update), they could see their 100th DLC car released.

Well since Polyphony added the DeTomaso Pantera (with the added bonus of the debut of DeTomaso) we can potentially see the debut of even more brands, old and new (with Koenigsegg being a somewhat possibility one day, with probably the Regera, since it was once rumored for GT Sport, but debunked when it ended up in Driveclub).

It could also be likely that by October (since it's the one-year anniversary update), they could see their 100th DLC car released.
A 100 DLC cars! Has to be a record for a car game surely.

A 100 DLC cars! Has to be a record for a car game surely.
Well given GT Sport's aim at "over 500 cars"...

But let's talk tracks though, five new environments and 26 new layouts (for a total of 22 environments and 66 layouts) is not so bad, but by the time GT Sport reaches 500 cars or more, the number of tracks released might be astronomical...

Sure, everyone wants the classic Gran Turismo tracks, but I'd also want new city tracks too (rebuilt city tracks like New York, Hong Kong, Paris, Seoul, London, Madrid, Tokyo R246 and probably the C1 Expressway for the Tokyo Expressway...)

Well the only sad news is, weather isn't implemented yet and time is static. Maybe they'll do something about it on GT7 or a Gran Turismo game for PS5. Well given GT Sport's potential they can drop a Forza Motorsport 6 and add weather and night racing to all tracks, albeit being static.

Last edited:
Greetings GT Planeteers. Have some thoughts of what I think PDI will add in the next couple of months. I've added up updated table below featuring the most likely ex GT6 content for future DLC.
upload_2018-9-15_14-33-15-jpeg.766146

I reckon we'll see approximately 30 to 40 new vehicles added by the end of the year. Of note:

Unicorns
I think we're almost done now with the high value "unicorn" vehicles (vehicles in excess of 2,000,000). The only noteworthy remaining ones are:

- Alfa Romeo TZ2 (10,000,000) (P)
- Ford GT40 Race Car '69 (20,000,000) (S)
- Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta (7,500,000) (P)
- Chaparral 2J (4,500,000) (S)
- Chaparral 2D (3,750,000) (S)

Most likely additions will be the two remaining premiums, the Alfa and the Ferrari.

JDMs
Remaining premium JDM icons include:

- Acura (Honda) NSX '91
- Honda Civic Type R (EK)
- Honda Integra Type R 2004
- Honda NSX Type R 2002
- Honda S2000
- Lexus LFA
- Mazda Eunos Roadster (NASP)
- Mazda Roadster RS (NC)
- Mazda Autozam AZ1
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
- Nissan Silvia S13
- Nissan Silvia S15
- Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R)
- Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R)

JDM icons that aren't premium? I reckon we'll see remasters of the following:

- Honda Civic SiR-II (EG)
- Honda Integra Type R (DC2)
- Honda CRX 1.6 SiR
- Honda S800
- Mazda Cosmo Sport
- Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R
- Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
- Mitsubishi Eclipse GTX
- Nismo 400R
- Nismo 240R
- Nissan Sileighty
- Nissan 300ZX
- Nissan 200SX K's
- Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
- Nissan Fairlady Z 1969
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI Prodrive
- Subaru Impreza 22B STI
- Toyota Celica GT-Four
- Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex
- Toyota AE86 GT-S GT Apex
- Tommy Kaira ZZII

Anybody's guess as to what they'll add though. 90's era Subaru Impreza and the NSX seem to be the most glaring omission from the current vehicle roster. I reckon we'll see somewhere in the region of 2-4 remastered vehicles added by the end of the year.

We're still missing a "Japan 90's Challenge" cup that's been present in all games past. High odds this will reappear soon. In addition, with the inevitable addition of the Cappuccino and the Autozam AZ1 we'll soon see addition races for the Kei cup as well.

Tracks
Remaining real worlds race tracks to be remastered include:

- Ascari, Spain
- Spa, Belgium
- Cote d' Azur (Monte Carlo), Monaco
- Daytona, USA
- Fuji Speedway, Japan
- Indianapolis, USA
- Laguna Seca, USA
- Silverstone, UK
- Twin Ring Motegi, Japan

The most likely additions to come I believe will be Silverstone, Spa, Motegi, Fuji and Laguna Seca. We've still only 3 events in the Super GT league and I imagine the next 2 to be added will eventually include both Japanese tracks. Laguna Seca has been around since GT2 and in my opinion is equally as iconic to the series as the 'holy trinity' of Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain. If I had to choose I'd say Spa will be with us around December time plus an entirely brand new circuit. The others will be added in 2019.

Because of the lack of NASCAR vehicles and the already high presence of 3 ovals I doubt we'll see the return of Daytona and Indianapolis. Ascari seems like a rather niche circuit but I wouldn't say no. Cote d'Azur strikes me as a nightmare circuit in terms of online racing and would probably be worse than the Tokyo tracks for trashing your DR so again seems unlikely to return in GTS, but could appear in GT7 perhaps.

As for fictional circuits, I wouldn't bet against the holy trinity reappearing but I doubt we'll get more than one before the year is out.

Anyhoo my two cents!

This saturday, I'll go to an event called "Passione Alfa Romeo" in Hinwil, Switzerland.

And Gran Turismo is one of the sponsors present at this meet (check the picture)!

Untitled.png

So I think the TZ2 will be announced this saturday with other Alfas I hope

More infos about this event here : http://passione-alfaromeo.com/fr/

Last edited:
This saturday, I'll go an event called "Passione Alfa Romeo" in Hinwil, Switzerland.

And Gran Turismo is one of the sponsors present at this meet (check the picture)!

View attachment 766674

So I think the TZ2 will be announced this saturday with other Alfas I hope

More infos about this event here : http://passione-alfaromeo.com/fr/

Very interesting. IMO, that website seems like PD designed it. The format, colors and style are very like PD.

I hope that in that event the Alfa Romeo 6C VGT will be resumed which was eliminated

The likely theory why the Alfa Romeo 6C Biposto Vision car was canceled was because they might have had to rely on Bertone for the styling (given some Alfa Romeos, like the GT 3.2 V6 24V and the Pandion were designed by them). Nevertheless, the teasers showed us a highly aerodynamic roadster inspired by the Alfa Romeo 6C 1500 Aerodinamica Spider from the 1930s, and is probably likely to be designed in-house, so that theory can be somewhat debunked.

The only Alfa Romeos in GT Sport as of now are the 4C (original, Gr. 3 racing, Gr. 3 road version and Gr. 4) as well as the MiTo.

They also all seem to be a popular car from Gran Turismo's past. The Mk IV Supra being a staple since the first game, the R92CP most famous for its appearance in the GT4 Driving Missions as well as one of the Black Prototype racers from the UCDs of that game, the Honda Beat the only remaining non premium kei sportscar from the GT4 generation and the Mini being a throwback to the ever popular Mini rallycar from Gran Turismo 2.

So, with this precedent I can sort of guess a few cars likely to appear later on in GT Sport:

Toyota GT-One (TS020) (Group 1/Group 2): Its been a staple since GT2 and was also a Black Prototype in GT4, never had an upgraded Standard model Before.

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Longtail (Group 3 or Group 2): From Gran Turismo 4, our first sample of the McLaren F1 series until GT5 and GT6, also never had an updated model for GT6.

Peugeot 905 (Group 1): The ultimate Group C car and has a way higher chance of coming back than the Minolta Toyota, never updated for GT6.

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 (N100): A classic alfa romeo that's also pretty popular in its own right. Never updated.

Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto (N100): Another popular 60s alfa romeo sportscar. Never updated.

BMW 2002 Turbo (N200): Gran Turismo 4, never updated, popular 2002 model, whats not to deny this car its chance?

BMW M3 CSL (E46) (N400): The better E46 M3 but not the absolute rarest one like the M3 GTR, so I'd say it has a pretty good chance, also never updated.

Last edited:
Back