Gran Turismo Sport's First 4K Trailer Highlights HDR, VR, & New Cars

GT DLC has been free since GT6 and will continue to be. Why are you pushing an assumption?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

The main difference with GT6 added content over GT5 and other games is that nothing went in the PS Store, so unless you followed the game in the news or booted it up, you didn't know it existed. You couldn't just stumble across a car or track in the store like other DLC.

There isn't any. DLC is downloadable content, it can be free or paid. If it's content and you install it after you purchase the game, it's DLC.
I wouldn't call what we got in GT6 DLC anyway, since it wasn't available to download. It just happened to be patched in. I do believe other people can back me up on this one as I'm pretty sure I read (and I'm paraphrasing) "If only VGTs were DLC, so I could avoid them".

You had the option to get them or not. That is what a DLC is in my eyes. If everyone gets them without pressing download/buying it, it's just an update. Much like caliper painting in GT6. Just a new feature after an update, not a DLC.

Well to be fair, updates have to be downloaded. When an update contains content, you get downloadable content. More then often paying for such content simply allows you to get acces to the content you already downloaded. So yeah GT has DLC some paid, some free.

I rather get updates with new content inside than DLC i have to pay for.

Sadly i think GTS will have payed DLC like nearly all the other games nowadays by that "GTS could have 500 cars in the end of its lifetime" statement.

I absolutely hate to buy a game like assetto corsa and to see that there are massive amounts of cars from the start of the game i would love to drive which are locked because i would have to pay for. That whole DLC stuff is really not ok, in past times you got a game like GT4 with 700 cars and that was it, nothing hiding from you that wanted money to be played.

In assetto corsa you get around 100 cars and about 20 cars cant be driven without paying extra money. The same with the crew, bought the game, looked up the dealership and all the cars which are the most interesting are payed DLC.

In GT5 the DLC situation was ok, being released long time after the launch it made sense and not the sensation of "we already have this since launch but just want extra money for the cool stuff".

I rather get updates with new content inside than DLC i have to pay for.

Sadly i think GTS will have payed DLC like nearly all the other games nowadays by that "GTS could have 500 cars in the end of its lifetime" statement.

I absolutely hate to buy a game like assetto corsa and to see that there are massive amounts of cars from the start of the game i would love to drive which are locked because i would have to pay for. That whole DLC stuff is really not ok, in past times you got a game like GT4 with 700 cars and that was it, nothing hiding from you that wanted money to be played.

In assetto corsa you get around 100 cars and about 20 cars cant be driven without paying extra money. The same with the crew, bought the game, looked up the dealership and all the cars which are the most interesting are payed DLC.

In GT5 the DLC situation was ok, being released long time after the launch it made sense and not the sensation of "we already have this since launch but just want extra money for the cool stuff".

If you'd gotten in on Assetto Corsa at the start then it would make more sense to you. It originally had all available cars come with the game. Since then they've added DLC, as well as more than a few free cars and tracks.

If you'd gotten in on Assetto Corsa at the start then it would make more sense to you. It originally had all available cars come with the game. Since then they've added DLC, as well as more than a few free cars and tracks.
Ok, the dlc wasnt there since the beginnig but one month and a few days later. It just doesnt seem ok when i buy a 2 month old game that there is already payable DLC available, especially when the original game itself has relative poor quantity.

And the best about that, the japanese car pack for example was already released months ago on PC. So there is no excuse for "Development costs", the cars where already there but hold back to make some extra money after the release - its simply bad money grabbing!

GT DLC has been absent since GT6 and probably will continue to be. We were promised monthly DLCs but got none. The VGTs and M4 weren't DLCs. They were just added as updates.
GT6 DLC was all promotional DLC too.

Ok, the dlc wasnt there since the beginnig but one month and a few days later. It just doesnt seem ok when i buy a 2 month old game that there is already payable DLC available, especially when the original game itself has relative poor quantity.

And the best about that, the japanese car pack for example was already released months ago on PC. So there is no excuse for "Development costs", the cars where already there but hold back to make some extra money after the release - its simply bad money grabbing!
You couldn't be more wrong, the Japanese pack was DLC from the begging of its development, period. AC was meant to be released before the Japanese pack was ready. There was no money grabbing as you put it, that Japanese pack had to be ported Which people doing it are gonna want be paid. The red pack still isn't ready to be released, so again you are wrong, nothing was held back for a money grab. If Kunos were money grabbers then someone needs to tell them to start charging twice the price for thei DLC.

GT6 DLC was all promotional DLC too.

You couldn't be more wrong, the Japanese pack was DLC from the begging of its development, period. AC was meant to be released before the Japanese pack was ready. There was no money grabbing as you put it, that Japanese pack had to be ported Which people doing it are gonna want be paid. The red pack still isn't ready to be released, so again you are wrong, nothing was held back for a money grab. If Kunos were money grabbers then someone needs to tell them to start charging twice the price for thei DLC.
The japanese pack was already made and available for PC months ago, so yeah, money grabbing. I dont think its THAT involving to port the car models to consoles.

The japanese pack was already made and available for PC months ago, so yeah, money grabbing. I dont think its THAT involving to port the car models to consoles.

So you have experience, then?

@lancia delta hf also didn't touch on one other aspect that may have affected the Japanese Car Pack on consoles: it's entirely possible part of the deal with 505 Games involved the planned revenue stream of the JCP. Remember, the game was supposed to launch months earlier, before the JCP arrived on PC.

Was it annoying to see cars locked behind a pay wall that had released months earlier on another platform? Perhaps — but AC on consoles was never advertised as some sort of Definitive/Ultimate/GOTY edition of the original with all post-release content included.

Well considering it isn't a matter of just porting car models to console bur car physics and tyre model that didn't align with PC code then maybe some programmer can tell us if It's as easy as you say. And as posted above, the Japanese pack was part of their DLC plan ( yea just like it was DLC on PC, not free) Which in turn will be part of their work schedule and business plan and that doesn't change to free stuff because the game was delayed.

You had the option to get them or not. That is what a DLC is in my eyes. If everyone gets them without pressing download/buying it, it's just an update. Much like caliper painting in GT6. Just a new feature after an update, not a DLC.

Except Downloadable Content by its actual definition is content added to the game Post launch, Payed or not payed. Updates can have DLC in it whether its free or not. GT6, even without paying for any of the DLC, had post launch content. The Toyota TS030 Hybrid or Mid-Field Raceway weren't features, they were free content. People seem to make it sound like DLC overall is somehow evil and GT6 shouldn't even be mentioned with it when it more or less still did it, just for free via updates and not locked on the disc behind a paywall.

Does anyone know where to find a downloadable, uncompressed mp4 version of this trailer? I want to stick it on USB and watch it on my 4k HDR TV.

My 10MB ADSL is not fast enough for 4k HDR YouTube.

Back