Gran Turismo Sport's First 4K Trailer Highlights HDR, VR, & New Cars

That is nice, but all if all of this is just being a showcase of 4K and HDR is a little too low from PD.

Oh, i saw heat haze effect, welcome back from GT4

Game looks fantastic at this point, and kind of makes me want to drain my bank account for a ps4 pro! Almost everything in the trailer we've seen before though, so hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get a look at some new features, cars, and tracks (crossing my fingers). All-in-all, really impressed with the graphics and sound quality though so thumbs up PD! :cheers:👍.

A couple screenshots:
Screenshot_2016-12-03-17-49-01.png
Screenshot_2016-12-03-17-48-43.png
Screenshot_2016-12-03-17-47-22.png
Screenshot_2016-12-03-17-47-20.png

Apart from the excitement of seeing new cars, Trailer is abit...eh. Even GT6 had more exciting trailers.

As much as been said about PD being stuck in the past, this is actually one area where they should look at the exciting stuff they used to make.
I think as we get closer to release they will become more epic. That's how GT6 was.

Graphically, this looks nice... but I am concerned about content. If the car list is 90% race cars and super cars... that really takes away from the magic of driving unique automobiles that has made past titles (despite their flaws) so enjoyable.

This is easily the weakest point of games like iRacing and RaceRoom. While each car has its unique handling characteristics, on a high level, they are mostly the same.

Confused on the sound talk, I didn't hear anything new from the trailer that we haven't already seen in user posted videos of the cars.

Trailers for games don't excite me and this is no exception. Yes , it looks nice, but it won't sell if it didn't. The gameplay should really be what matters and until there are some good , credible and honest reviews, I have no idea whether or not it's worth getting.

I really don't see why all the hate. I mean, GT has alway been a technical showcase for PlayStation systems. This is what everyone (including me) was complaining about after the Copper Box event- the game just didn't look all that good, which was weird for a GT game.

BTW How the hell would you show good gameplay on a trailer?

To be honest I'm not impressed at all, it's just the same stuff all over again: the tiny oval, Nurburgring, rallytrack and Tokyo.

Also, VR is only a select number of tracks and cars? That is honestly the silliest thing ever. It's as if the full game is for a controller but you can only drive a select number of cars and tracks with a wheel.

If I ever want to play a game in VR, rest assured I want to play the FULL game in VR or not play the game at all. Period. No duscussion. Nope.

That white Alfa 4C Gr.3 is just a variation of the red livery, or is it a livery editor production?

To be honest I'm not impressed at all, it's just the same stuff all over again: the tiny oval, Nurburgring, rallytrack and Tokyo.

Also, VR is only a select number of tracks and cars? That is honestly the silliest thing ever. It's as if the full game is for a controller but you can only drive a select number of cars and tracks with a wheel.

If I ever want to play a game in VR, rest assured I want to play the FULL game in VR or not play the game at all. Period. No duscussion. Nope.
The reason for the select tracks is, PD feel it's too much of a strain on the player.

Graphically, this looks nice... but I am concerned about content. If the car list is 90% race cars and super cars... that really takes away from the magic of driving unique automobiles that has made past titles (despite their flaws) so enjoyable.

This is easily the weakest point of games like iRacing and RaceRoom. While each car has its unique handling characteristics, on a high level, they are mostly the same.

To play devil's advocate, haven't they tried to make it clear this isn't another Gran Turismo, so why does the car selection have to be like past titles?

Now back to normal-mindedness...they said that there would be up to 500 cars by the time all is said and done. So if the game launches with 150, then we can all possibly look forward to being asked to pay for up to 350 DLC cars, hooray!

Now back to normal-mindedness...they said that there would be up to 500 cars by the time all is said and done. So if the game launches with 150, then we can all possibly look forward to being asked to pay for up to 350 DLC cars, hooray!
I suspect all existing GT6 premium models will be leveraged for GTS. I doubt they'll cost anything to add if they don't end up in the game at launch.

Isn't reality what they've wanted to emulate for nearly 2 decades? The fact that they have to dub sounds in a trailer in 2016 isn't a good sign IMO.
What sounds are dubbed? Do you, or anyone else know for a fact these are dubbed sounds, or is this an assumption? I'm asking a genuine question, not trying to start an argument.

The BMW M6 GT3 sounded like it did in previous demo gameplay videos, that's one I immediately picked out. Same with the Ford Mustang Gr.3

What sounds are dubbed? Do you, or anyone else know for a fact these are dubbed sounds, or is this an assumption? I'm asking a genuine question, not trying to start an argument.

The BMW M6 GT3 sounded like it did in previous demo gameplay videos, that's one I immediately picked out. Same with the Ford Mustang Gr.3
For a fact? No. IMO they are dubbed. I wasn't there when it was done.

Back