Gran Turismo Sport's First 4K Trailer Highlights HDR, VR, & New Cars

Being an Australian, I often look to see if there is any local metal making the GT roster. After all , GT4 featured some great models in Australian motoring, and then not much else since in GT5 and GT6. Looking at the new trailor, it is looking rather bleak.

Being an Australian, I often look to see if there is any local metal making the GT roster. After all , GT4 featured some great models in Australian motoring, and then not much else since in GT5 and GT6. Looking at the new trailor, it is looking rather bleak.
As of next year, sadly, there won't be any "Australian" cars anywhere(if Forza and PCars don't add them in their next games) to speak of.

GT4 & GTPSP may become a collectors item featuring the only Holden/Ford/FPV line up in GT history.

As of next year, sadly, there won't be any "Australian" cars anywhere(if Forza and PCars don't add them in their next games) to speak of.

GT4 & GTPSP may become a collectors item featuring the only Holden/Ford/FPV line up in GT history.
Thank god for the Forza games. I am very happy to say I own some very nice Aussie vehicles in this series. Thankyou XBOX!

Those of you who have not seen this in 4k are not seeing the way it's suppose to be seen. You have no idea how amazing this game looks in 4k. If one of your friends has a 4k Tv you have to see it like that. Also Uncharted and The Last of Us 2 look unbelievable in 4k also!

The reason for the select tracks is, PD feel it's too much of a strain on the player.

No, no you got it wrong, it would too much human drama :D

To play devil's advocate, haven't they tried to make it clear this isn't another Gran Turismo, so why does the car selection have to be like past titles?

Im starting to think its just an excuse for their slow pace in creating car models, and tracks.

- - - - -

Im not going to be bought by graphics, i'll wait for the true gameplay videos after the game come out.

Nothing new, everything was boring in this trailer. Also people keep forgetting that these trailers do not represent any of the graphics we'll be seeing on PS4, they always max out their graphics since GT5 and what we get is a very downgraded version.
Imo PD has become progressively insane, either they don't give a crap about developping games anymore, or they only work one day per week. Seeing absolutely no new content after such a long period in a trailer (which is supposed to bring all the new and exciting stuff) is alarming. This slow attitude is a trend they are following for a long time now. Remember delayed GT6's features and etc...

I just want to know if the acceleration capabilities tests will be in the game, and why they used to be in GT6 but were quickly removed. I enjoyed that mode more than the actual racing.

Nothing new, everything was boring in this trailer. Also people keep forgetting that these trailers do not represent any of the graphics we'll be seeing on PS4, they always max out their graphics since GT5 and what we get is a very downgraded version.
Imo PD has become progressively insane, either they don't give a crap about developping games anymore, or they only work one day per week. Seeing absolutely no new content after such a long period in a trailer (which is supposed to bring all the new and exciting stuff) is alarming. This slow attitude is a trend they are following for a long time now. Remember delayed GT6's features and etc...
Now you have the added wildcard of the PSPro and I'd assume most of what you'll be seeing from official channels will be produced on the better equipment at maximum fidelity. Throw in the increased resolution of photomodes and it's going to be quite misleading for many who own a standard PS4. I don't think the actual gameplay for the vast majority of players is going to look anything close to what you'll be seeing in still shots from now until release.

I just want to know if the acceleration capabilities tests will be in the game, and why they used to be in GT6 but were quickly removed. I enjoyed that mode more than the actual racing.
That was a bizarre decision on the part of PD. I used it extensively to figure out transmission tuning and it shaved huge amounts of laptime with some cars by altering the shift points manually to align with the power/torque curves.

I wish the sounds in these trailer were the sounds of the cars, but PD always does this, they record sounds from actual races and then the cars you drive sound live crap
Yep, It's as if they are deliberately misleading people, but even after "course maker released soon after launch 2 years later" posters on here say PD Wouldn't do that deliberately.

To play devil's advocate, haven't they tried to make it clear this isn't another Gran Turismo, so why does the car selection have to be like past titles?

Now back to normal-mindedness...they said that there would be up to 500 cars by the time all is said and done. So if the game launches with 150, then we can all possibly look forward to being asked to pay for up to 350 DLC cars, hooray!
Kaz- we could have called it GT7. It doesn't have to have a car collection like past GTs, but this is well past Ps4s launch date. The competition which Kaz doesn't ghink exists is and has been blowing his lame efforts away for the past 7 years. And has for looking forward to 350 DLC cars, I'm going to presume they will cost 1 pound each, so 350 pounds then, of course mere presumption on my part. Not that it matters though as I'm also going to suggest you are going to be disappointed with the number of DLC cars actually released, i will be surprised if It's more than 100. I'm being ambitious there too. It's not like they've ever said they're gonna release x amount of vision GT cars then hoped we would just forget. I haven't forgot.
That VR clip looks way better than the actual footage we have seen, PD aren't alone in doing this but it doesn't help them with customers who have felt burnt by them.

Not that it matters though as I'm also going to suggest you are going to be disappointed with the number of DLC cars actually released, i will be surprised if It's more than 100. I'm being ambitious there too. It's not like they've ever said they're gonna release x amount of vision GT cars then hoped we would just forget. I haven't forgot.

I must not have laid on the sarcasm heavily enough. To be clear, if we get more than a dozen or two DLC cars I'll be impressed, because PD have not given us a lot of reason to be hopeful in this regard.

Also, quoting Kaz is not valid. It's pretty self-evident that what he says and what actually happens or is true are not directly correlated.

Does anyone know the name of the song used in the trailer? I believe it's the same as the one used in the trailer for the doco on Alex Zanardis Spa24 race.

No mention so far of the little disclaimer at 1:08?

VR
FULLY IMMERSE
*Select cars and tracks

So not all the tracks and cars support VR, meaning you'll potentially have to take off the VR headset periodically and use the TV for some races. LOL.

I doubt we will get more than 50 Cars as DLC and I'm holding my breath big time here. I vaguely remember reading on this site we were meant to get a new track every month for GT6. I think we got about 3 (midfield, Redbull & Sierra) over 3 years. Oh and a course creator you couldnt use unless you had a tablet.

Im content with Pcars at the moment. Kaz would have to do something pretty amazing to get any more of my hard earned coin.

GT - The False Promise Simulator

No mention so far of the little disclaimer at 1:08?

VR
FULLY IMMERSE
*Select cars and tracks

So not all the tracks and cars support VR, meaning you'll potentially have to take off the VR headset periodically and use the TV for some races. LOL.

GT Sport VR will have its own mode called "VR tour mode" I expect demanding tracks like Nurburgring won't be in it.

56 seconds into the trailer, looks like the Bentley symbol on the wheel!
upload_2016-12-4_22-20-46.png

That's the Aston Martin logo...

upload_2016-12-4_22-21-42.png

...from the One-77 interior:

Aston-Martin-One-77-interior.jpg

Thanks, my mistake! Was hoping it was, maybe it's still possible.

Well, Bentley has a GT3 car that would fit Gr.3 just right. Coupled with a road car would be good as far as Bentley's go. It's entirely possibl just like any other car from a brand, as long as it fits any class.

GT Sport VR will have its own mode called "VR tour mode" I expect demanding tracks like Nurburgring won't be in it.

Oh, so it's just going to be a tacked-on single-player mode afterthought gimmick rather than a proper implementation? Interesting.

Those of you who have not seen this in 4k are not seeing the way it's suppose to be seen. You have no idea how amazing this game looks in 4k. If one of your friends has a 4k Tv you have to see it like that. Also Uncharted and The Last of Us 2 look unbelievable in 4k also!

TBH I am impressed already in normal display and youtube quality lol. The difference from the reveal to this is amazing.

Apart from the excitement of seeing new cars, Trailer is abit...eh. Even GT6 had more exciting trailers.

As much as been said about PD being stuck in the past, this is actually one area where they should look at the exciting stuff they used to make.

I think as we get closer to release they will become more epic. That's how GT6 was.

IMO all GT Sports trailers have been amazing so far. I get goosebumps everytime i see the E3 trailer. The scences, the music... makes me wanna play the game instantly.

GT DLC has been free since GT6 and will continue to be.
GT DLC has been absent since GT6 and probably will continue to be. We were promised monthly DLCs but got none. The VGTs and M4 weren't DLCs. They were just added as updates.

Latest Posts

Back