Gran Turismo Sport's Next Update Arrives Next Week, With New Cars

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 729 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine the rage if the Supra turned out to be a reused GT6 standard car with no interior view.
kazumad_zps6b0da6cb.jpg
with the GT6 engine sound

We usually get some sort of blog post + a launch trailer close to launch. We've had neither.

The feature trailer for 1.10 update last December is coming after the update is arrived not before it by the way :

Unlike previous GT where we got at least a teaser video, GTS is quite random. Only once happened back in November announcing Cobra, 2016 R18 and Zagato VGT that the teaser images shown before update. Perhaps the teaser now is in form of cars silhouette... just like Kaz posted recently. But it is not certain though.

I should clarify that statement: I consider the pop-up that happens upon loading the game up today different than the original "weekly schedule maintenance" notice that shows up in the bottom bar of info on the main screen.

However, I do note that there are usually these same pop-ups each week serving as a reminder to folks to save. With the post you quoted, I believed @hellZfirE was referring to the original maintenance schedule announcement from October.

The pop-up today did not mention a game update would arrive alongside it. The pop-up that showed up prior to the 1.09/1.10 update did. That doesn't mean there's zero chance of the new cars arriving this evening, but I wouldn't take it as confirmation they are, either. :)

Thanks for clarification. Apologies if I overstated what you wrote. Wishful thinking indeed then, but not entirely impossible. We're gonna have to wait and see if guess...

Thanks for clarification. Apologies if I overstated what you wrote. Wishful thinking indeed then, but not entirely impossible. We're gonna have to wait and see if guess...

No need to apologize; I can see how it wasn't completely clear. In my defence, it was also well after I was supposed to be in bed! :D

No need to apologize; I can see how it wasn't completely clear. In my defence, it was also well after I was supposed to be in bed! :D

Do you remember if the updates that came before 1.09/10 were noted in the pop ups? Like when 1.06 came with the Cobra, VGT, and Audi?

I got the normal message, I think its just regular maintenance. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. If the new content is there, great. If not, we just gotta wait. I do look forward to more tracks though (in the very near future hopefully).

Last edited:
Hm, the normal Server notification came always with a yello text on the top of the Game, but yesterday it was a Message Wehen you Start the Game...

How is this out of nowhere? This was posted on twitter this saturday:

View attachment 708682

but i would like to see in-game info about this update, which will most likely be 1.11, but i don't remember if the in-game info comes before or after a update :embarrassed:.

Do you remember if the updates that came before 1.09/10 were noted in the pop ups? Like when 1.06 came with the Cobra, VGT, and Audi?

The update summary/info -popup came only after the update I recall.

I think Gran Turismo updates have been connected to ps store update quite often. Might be just me though..

Why are people coming up with personal ideas of when this content is dropping? :banghead:

ALL content updates to GT Sport have been detailed on the PS Blog in advance. Nothing has so far been published detailing the update or the release dates so stop coming up with pie in the sky release dates. We only have a vague tweet by Kaz saying it was coming this week.. so stop saying its coming as no one knows until its officially posted and detailed.

Why are people coming up with personal ideas of when this content is dropping? :banghead:

ALL content updates to GT Sport have been detailed on the PS Blog in advance. Nothing has so far been published detailing the update or the release dates so stop coming up with pie in the sky release dates. We only have a vague tweet by Kaz saying it was coming this week.. so stop saying its coming as no one knows until its officially posted and detailed.

Well said! The only post on this whole ridiculous thread that makes sense! Why do people do this? What do they think they will gain? Get on with your lives, stop speculating and have some patience! No one cares about your thoughts and predictions. You will know it's here - when it's here!

We didn't get a specific date for the last content it was only stated as December if memory serves, so in my opinion people were right to get their hopes up for this maintenance. However I do agree that people need to stop trying to guess when an update will drop as it just adds to their disappointment and then the PD bashing usually follows quite quick after!

Well said! The only post on this whole ridiculous thread that makes sense! Why do people do this? What do they think they will gain? Get on with your lives, stop speculating and have some patience! No one cares about your thoughts and predictions. You will know it's here - when it's here!

Come on guys - this is a conversation topic not a news room. If people like to speculate on release dates or what ever its just conversation as usual. If one isnt interested in this conversation one can just change topic. :lol::cheers:

For me and many others this speculation is just for fun. Just as some of us love to fuel the hype trains or send pure troll messages. I havent even played the game more than maybe 2 hours since the december update. Ive spend a lot more time at GTPlanet than in the actual game. :lol:

and as far as speculation goes I stay with my statement, that these big updates come with the PS Store updates. :lol:👍

4M1GR_s-200x150.gif

Last edited:

What's wrong with a little speculating? I find the guessing game kind of fun personally, given how quiet PD is regarding anything with their games.

I'll also say I'm not in the least bit disappointed when guesses are wrong. Just fuels the anticipation and excitement for when it does drop. I've been pretty satisfied thus far with PDs content drops for the game that is still in its infancy.

What's wrong with a little speculating? I find the guessing game kind of fun personally, given how quiet PD is regarding anything with their games.

I'll also say I'm not in the least bit disappointed when guesses are wrong. Just fuels the anticipation and excitement for when it does drop. I've been pretty satisfied thus far with PDs content drops for the game that is still in its infancy.

Nothing is wrong in speculating, what really annoys me is when people start getting angry and blaming PD for missing a date which they never announced themselves..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back