Gran Turismo TT RPG

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 63 comments
C-Spec is no longer. Say hello to GT TT RPG! (Yeah, title needs work lol)

This game requires very few components and a small amount of imagination.

Card decks & game boards are out in favour of a stat & die system.

I'm late to the game on this one, but this game might take off if you can tweak it to some sort of deck building game similar to games like Star Realms and Dominion. Those style of games are pretty hot right now and really fun! Plus none of them have a racing theme to them so that'd put a cool spin on it.

Jerome

I'm late to the game on this one, but this game might take off if you can tweak it to some sort of deck building game similar to games like Star Realms and Dominion.

Jerome

I'd love to be able to put together something of that scale but the reality is that this is a side project and while I would happily invest my time in creating a more in-depth game, I don't think I could generate enough interest for it to be worthwhile. Deck building games are resource heavy and the intention with this was for it to be a simple print and play activity that wouldn't cost anything.

Further more, while I'm content to plot away at game mechanics and write a deck building game on a racing theme, I (again) don't think I'd get enough interest from potential testers to run the game as test plays which are vital to ironing out creases and conflicts in the rules. There's also the expense that would be incurred by the end user for a deck building style game which would deflate interest.

It's entirely possible and now that I've finished the base of GT TT RPG I could well be tempted to move onto another version based around deck building (there was a slight amount of it in version 3).

You've sparked my interest. :)

EDIT: Looking into the deck building set up further, I'm struggling to see how it can be a full multiplayer game since most of them are 1v1 or 2v2. I'm not saying it can't be done but it would need a completely new system to be able to incorporate a race track full of players and remain interactive between those players.

Last edited:
After a full work day of thinking about deck building and how to implement it in a racing format (when I should have been doing actual work), the only way I can think of to do this is in a similar style to Flamme Rouge which uses deck building of a kind but relies on a board too. I would prefer to eliminate the need for a board.

Back