Gran Turismo tuning @ gttuner.net for GT PSP and GT 5 Prologue! (10/7/09)

• Thread starter kesun.421
  • 97 comments
Really good idea espescially when GT5 comes with it´s insane car count, this could become extremly useful.

Thanks for your effort and hope it catches on!

Will keep a eye on it so into favorites it goes...

Might need to sort out that there's Daytona Speedway and Daytona Road.

There's also some car's missing from the list.

GT by Citroen '08. Missing.
Ferrari California. Missing.
Ferrari F2007. Missing.
Ford GT '06. Details wrong.
Lotus Evora. Missing.
Mazda RX-8 Type S '07. Details wrong.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X. Not in game.
Peugeot 207 GTI '07. Not in game.
Peugeot 307cc Premium AVN '04. Not in game.
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7. Not in game.

Gotcha Chunkee Monkey, thanks. I know the Lancer X is in my US copy of the game, do you think there is a difference of versions in different territories?

If anyone can provide a resource to the list of cars and tracks, I will continue to make the necessary changes.

The most important thing right now is to get the submittion page working again.

Ke

All,

gttuner.net has been updated now with the submitting button enabled and functioning.

Those with an account please go test it and let me know if there is any bugs you encounter.

I am still working on the display and submit tune pages to include a back button or something to guide the user back to the initial page.

Let me know what you think, thanks all!

Ke

I updated the website again, probably last time for tonight.

Chunkee, sorry but I had to delete on of your tunes, I think it's the Lancer X...

I will try to preserve everyone's tune configs as much as possible, but since the test is in beta testing, I can't promise that.

Please keep the suggestions coming, thanks!

Ke

You should think about adding another row for pp level. I like the idea and it can only be better if more tuners post there tunes there or atleast allow someone else to put them in there. There perference on that though.

Thanks Obli, I can see you did some good work there just from the screenshots. If you would like a beta test account, please let me know!

Ke

Hi All,

gttuner.net has been updated again today. Now it supports searching by user name, "ALL" field selection, searching by Performance Points.

Those with an account please try it out and give me feedback. Please also submit more tunes to the website.

I will be working on allowing user to edit/delete their submitted tunes next.

Thanks for your time!

Ke

All,

www.gttuner.net is now in open beta.

Please go register and start using it.

I had to delete all the tunes configured so far due to some changes in the code, but give there weren't that many, hopefully the damage was minimum...

Please help spread the word if you like the website. I am always open for suggestions to improving it.

Thanks,
Ke

Just joined up on there as I finally completed the game with all golds using the normal controller.

Will add a couple of tunes later on in the week.

Is it worth adding a "Wheel" / "Controller" field, and also maybe a "professional" / "standard" setting option on there as well...?

Steve

Nice one.

The only other thought I had was the ability to add some quick text about the tune. Basically telling people what to expect of the tune in question.

For example, most of my tunes are prone to strong oversteer if you lift mid-corner, to make it easier to trim a line with a controller. Much more twitchy than most tunes I've tried from here - just as I like it! :)

All,

I have added in the option of inputing your controller and physics and also tuner's notes in the new tune configuration.

I will be working on allowing editing and deleting tunes.

Ke

A filter for PP (Power Points) and when the full version comes out track condition (i.e. snow, wet, dry, sunny)

Oh, a downloadable file to view in a PDA that works with pocket excel or something. That would be great for lan parties when youre not online and can't get access to www.GTtuner.net.

All,

The new version is up and running at gttuner.net.

It now support editing and deleting your tune config. You have to be logged in. You will see a text "Edit: TuneID" in the search results where it once would only show "TuneID". By clicking that link you can then choose to submit and edit or delete your tune. Please go try it and let me know if you run into any bugs.

Radracing, a feature to allow people to download their configurations as a CSV file (editable by Excel, Google Docs, NotePad etc.) will be finished probably by tomorrow. This way even if gttuner.net is to go down one day, people will still be able to download the tune configs they want.

That's the plan for now, I'm reserved by the wife this afternoon, but please keep the suggestions and bug reports coming!

Ke

All, my twitter is kesun421, if anyone would like to follow me I will update the status of gttuner.net development. Thanks!

All,

The new version is up and running at gttuner.net.

Radracing, a feature to allow people to download their configurations as a CSV file (editable by Excel, Google Docs, NotePad etc.) will be finished probably by tomorrow. This way even if gttuner.net is to go down one day, people will still be able to download the tune configs they want.

That's the plan for now, I'm reserved by the wife this afternoon, but please keep the suggestions and bug reports coming!

Ke

All, my twitter is kesun421, if anyone would like to follow me I will update the status of gttuner.net development. Thanks!

That's great, well I hope you had some quality time with the wife over the weekend.

Now my next question is, will the search feature of the downloaded file still work when it's viewed in a PDA or computer when it is transffered over or is it just a static file. It would be great if it came with a mini program so that we would still be able to do the filtering of the data even when it's downloaded and viewed in another machine offline.

9/08/09 Morning:

Hey Rad,

Sorry, but it looks like it will be a standalone static file.

I think the purpose of the CSV file is more for the sake of backup, like if you want to reconfigure a tune, but you want to keep the old one just in case. So it's for that type of scenario... I hope it's not disappointing. I personally have only made 4 games for the iPhone, and no experience with Windows Mobile, so if anything comes out of my hand, it will be probably for iPhone... Sorry.

I took a hard look at code this morning, right now combing through for any huge security issues, then back to adding features.

Everyone please continue to pass on the site to your friends and reply to this thread with suggestions! Thank you all for your time!

Ke

P.S. The Performance Points filter is already there.

P.P.S.S. All, please submit more tunes to the site! :-P

9/08/09 Night:

gttuner.net has been updated with the ability to download tunes as CSV files. This will be useful if you want to backup a tune before you want to change it, or simply for users to carry tunes to places without internet access. CSV files can be opened with desktop or mobile Excel and Google Docs.

Please continue the feature suggestions and submitting tunes to gttuner.net guys!

Yours,
Ke

Hi kesun, this is a fantastic idea, good work mate!

One suggestion: have another searchable field for the author of the tune - because he isn't necessarily the user. This way he can be given credit for the tune and we could search for all tunes made by say, NLxAROSA or Paulie, no matter who uploaded them into the database

Just uploaded a tune.. went very well and posted up quickly... I will use it some more and see if I encounter any bugs... 👍

Thanks guys.

Remember that the link to your tunes are permanent so you can post the link here. Just click on your tuneid in the search results table and copy the link in your browser address bar.

The purpose of doing this is for better sharing on forums.

I will add in commenting function to the tunes soon!

Ke

9/08/09 Morning:

Hey Rad,

I personally have only made 4 games for the iPhone, and no experience with Windows Mobile, so if anything comes out of my hand, it will be probably for iPhone... Sorry.

I took a hard look at code this morning, right now combing through for any huge security issues, then back to adding features.

Yours,
Ke

Hey if you make one for the iPhone or iTouch that would give me a good reason to buy one.

Back