Gran Turismo Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.42)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 86 comments
On Lake Louise, TCS setting cannot be adjusted - it's always off.
I can adjust it in the menu (before race start) and in the MFD no problem. It's just after race start, in the pause menu - assist settings, that it is grayed out. And it does seem to do something, based on occasionally red blinking slidy car icon

Last edited:
Please someone else confirm this, but to me VR gameplay became much sharper. Previously the cockpit was way more blurry, now you can read all buttons, displayed info without too much focus

Have the jets on Brands Hatch always been there?
Probably I was blind for around two years. Did the race from the weekly challenges (with the Jimny 😀) in VR and thought „wow there are jets beside the track“.

Last edited:
It should always be OFF for Rally.
Having any traction control in a rally event is stupid.
TCS will limit power on wheel spin, so you limit yourself when trying to power out of a corner.

Rally is not to be driven like grip driving like the AI do, but you throw the car around corners and power out.

Not really sure what you're trying to say. I bought both front bumpers, the different rear bumper, and even the GT licence plates to see if any of them change the situation from default parts. They don't. In every case the bumpers are in Other, and the plates in Body 2 probably just to make it so that the plates can be easily decaled without affecting the bumpers.
Yeah, I don't think it's some "genius move" on PD's part. It's wack. Likely a simple hasty mistake that can be corrected like many others they've corrected in past. For organisation's sake they should have stuck with their categorization. Since Body 2 is usually for the hood, they could have put the bumpers on that and you'd have the same "genius move" as you call it. Just that it'd make more sense since a plate isn't part of the body and belongs in 'other'. Which is why they have the icon for 'other' being a licence plate. Makes sense to me.

Last edited:
I watched a YT video about BOP changes in the Gr.3 category:

1706258463911.png

Talking in pictures (from https://gt-engine.com/gt7/cars/gr3/gr3-01-specs.html)

Full list of newly added purchaseable paints:

Dodge - Burgundy Metallic
Dodge - Octane Red
Dodge - Red
Dodge - Yellow
Dodge - Yellow Jacket
Dodge - Racing Green Metallic
Dodge - Dark Turquoise Metallic
Dodge - Indigo Blue
Dodge - Medium Green Metallic
Dodge - F8 Green
Dodge - Medium Tan Metallic
Dodge - Bronze Metallic
Dodge - Medium Gold Metallic
Dodge - Destroyer Grey
Dodge - Silver Metallic
Dodge - White Knuckle
Honda - Racing Blue Pearl
Honda - Sonic Gray Pearl
Lexus - Passionate Pink
Lexus - Red Pearl
Lexus - Red
Lexus - Sunset Orange
Lexus - Orange
Lexus - Pearl Yellow
Lexus - Lime Green
Lexus - Fresh Green
Lexus - Moss Green
Lexus - Slate Blue
Lexus - Pearl Blue
Lexus - Lapis Lazuli
Lexus - Steel Blue
Lexus - Pearl Brown
Lexus - Aqua
Lexus - Lavender
Lexus - Sky Blue
Lexus - Crystal Gold
Lexus - Black Amethyst
Lexus - Starlight Black
Lexus - Brown Stone
Lexus - Steel Gray
Lexus - Mint Green
Lexus - Ivory White
Lexus - Whitest White
Lexus - Pearl White
Lexus - Metallic Silver
Mercedes-Benz - Blue Black
Nissan - Champion Blue
Porsche - Guards Red
Porsche - Shark Blue
Porsche - Black
Porsche - Arctic Grey
Porsche - Ice Grey Metallic
Porsche - White
Tesla - Deep Blue Metallic
Tesla - Midnight Silver Metallic
Toyota - Himedic White
Lots of paints but no new rims.... so sad...
And something else... it's me that the dirt in Lake Louise is more intense?

Last edited:
Please someone else confirm this, but to me VR gameplay became much sharper. Previously the cockpit was way more blurry, now you can read all buttons, displayed info without too much focus
I wore my headset a bit lower and moved the screen one extra notch out. Other than that, if anything, it seems the headset vibrates less. I didn't notice any graphical changes.

Ok, I was slightly wrong about this:
CE, Jimny & Pickup races won't let you change TCS, but if choose 4WD challenge, GR. B race or Time Trial, it will be available.

I play exclusively in VR since day 1 of PSVR2 release, and I see no change. Pretty sure this might be placebo :)

OK so here's a new one. In time trial (offline) if you have a penalty then that penalty will be added to your lap time instead of invalidating your next lap. Definitely new this update because this was not the case as of a couple of weeks ago

OK so here's a new one. In time trial (offline) if you have a penalty then that penalty will be added to your lap time instead of invalidating your next lap. Definitely new this update because this was not the case as of a couple of weeks ago
Please explain as I just did a TT and I got the lap invalidation (red timing) not less than 10 minutes ago...

That was last year that change. It depends where in the lap you get the penalty now. Turn 1 likely won’t invalidate your next lap, final turn definitely will

Please explain as I just did a TT and I got the lap invalidation (red timing) not less than 10 minutes ago...

So I finished a lap at 1:45.044 with a 0.500sec penalty and my recorded lap time was 1:45.544. Confused the f out of me at first when looking at my lap times until I realised what had happened.
in the past regardless of where you got the penalty, if you hadn't served all of it by the end of the lap, your next lap was invalid.

What exactly are you guys talking about? I've never seen any penalties or invalid laps in an offline TT.

Yes you need to turn them on in settings otherwise you won't get any

That was last year that change. It depends where in the lap you get the penalty now. Turn 1 likely won’t invalidate your next lap, final turn definitely will

The online TT and qualifying work like this but in offline when you get a penalty you can serve it any time by just slowing down. It's hard to serve when you get one on the last turn which is why your lap time gets invalidated

Back