Gran Turismo Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.42)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 86 comments
OK so here's a new one. In time trial (offline) if you have a penalty then that penalty will be added to your lap time instead of invalidating your next lap. Definitely new this update because this was not the case as of a couple of weeks ago

Strangely enough this sometimes also happens in circuit experience, instead of invalidating the lap. 😂 Usually you just instantly fail, which still happens, but i randomly got a 1 second penalty during the watkins Glen circuit experience 🤔

This might have been in 1.42 or the timing could be coincidental...

What's really odd to me is this is the first time I've booted up the game and noticed in GT auto AND the garage, my 80s supra all has yellow maintenance lights, instead of green, like on my other cars. Also the first time I've had "oil change" actually do something. Since every car I've ever driven has always been green in maintenance. Even weirder is I have two supras, I never use the one with high miles, but guess today is the day it shows up all yellow, including rigidity.. I have other cars with much higher mileage but are all green in condition... seems the game today picked this supra to suddenly be "normal condition" all round instead of excellent.

29,313 miles... all up I must've only drove it for what 200 at most?

Guess I can't keep buying the high mileage cars anymore

Last edited:
29,313 miles... all up I must've only drove it for what 200 at most?

Guess I can't keep buying the high mileage cars anymore
they want to replicate the reality of a used car dealership, selling cars that NEED tender care ie, oil change, body work, engine work, car wash, eyc... lol

Last edited:
they want to replicate the reality of a used car dealership, selling cars that NEED tender care ie, oil change, body work, engine work, car wash, eyc... lol
my point is, When I bought it, no issues. All green, engine, body, rigidity all Excellent. But after driving 200 miles, all suddenly are "not excellent"? must have been some driving... rigidity also shouldn't wear down after 200 miles. If that happened to real cars, nobody would bother to pay the dough to increase rigidity of the chassis. Oil change after 200 miles doesn't make any sense at all in an unmodified supra.. should be at least another 5-10K before it's needed

Last edited:
After some time, I can gladly confirm, the roulette tickets are indeed fixed. Now they are more randomized.
More randomized how? If you open a ticket and turn off the playstation before closing out if the prize window, then turn the game back on and reopen the same ticket do you get a different reward or is it the same as before? If it’s the same, it’s not randomized. It’s just the visuals that changed to make it look more randomized but the prize is still always attached to the ticket, therefore it is not randomized.

The roulette is fixed, but not as in repaired...

Just fixed as in predetermined because they decided it was better to show you things you will never get and give you the worst... Unfortunately it's always been that way 😒😂

The roulette is fixed, but not as in repaired...

Just fixed as in predetermined because they decided it was better to show you things you will never get and give you the worst... Unfortunately it's always been that way 😒😂
I was shown things I'll never get and was given the BEST yesterday.

Last edited:
Actually not sure since when, but there's a duplicate Polymetal Gray Metallic available in GT Auto.
And they're a little bit different. Also not sure which is closer to the real one, though.

Original (Available from the beginning)
For RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT & MAZDA3 Fastback
GFZ1eOlakAAWChy

Duplicate (Added in an update)
For Roadster NR-A
GFZ1ejnakAAfnsV

Comparison GIF
1707007621677.gif

It's been a while since I've raced the WTC700 Le Mans, and even LONGER since I've had weather that required anything more than intermediates. But this weekend I had a race with yellow in the radar that necessitated heavy rain tires.

Can anyone confirm, because I can't recall - were there ever actual PUDDLES of rainwater on the track before? The reason it stood out to me is because there were handling differences and a significant haptic feedback when running over one of the puddles in the car. I don't seem to remember ever encountering that.

It's been a while since I've raced the WTC700 Le Mans, and even LONGER since I've had weather that required anything more than intermediates. But this weekend I had a race with yellow in the radar that necessitated heavy rain tires.

Can anyone confirm, because I can't recall - were there ever actual PUDDLES of rainwater on the track before? The reason it stood out to me is because there were handling differences and a significant haptic feedback when running over one of the puddles in the car. I don't seem to remember ever encountering that.
This has been on all tracks with weather capabilities since launch.

Not sure if it's new or not actually. I think the visual look of puddles is done better on some tracks than others. Like tokyo expressway doesn't have circular puddles that some other tracks might have in the rain.

Last edited:
Undocumented feature: AI ignores the Yellow flag warnings...

When PD implemented 1.42 they added this :
2. Physics Simulation Model
 - The stability of rival cars in wet conditions has been adjusted.
and when they did, it changed the behavior of the AI. The AI now ignores any Yellow Flag warnings. Prior to 1.42 the AI would slow down and sometimes down to a stop and a crawl when the Yellow Flag warning was issued and now (just discovered this recently) they continue on and pass like normal. Please watch video as proof.

Undocumented feature: AI ignores the Yellow flag warnings...

When PD implemented 1.42 they added this :
2. Physics Simulation Model
 - The stability of rival cars in wet conditions has been adjusted.
and when they did, it changed the behavior of the AI. The AI now ignores any Yellow Flag warnings. Prior to 1.42 the AI would slow down and sometimes down to a stop and a crawl when the Yellow Flag warning was issued and now (just discovered this recently) they continue on and pass like normal. Please watch video as proof.

So that makes it a bug then, which should be posted here.

did that also to cover all bases...
Just saw that post so thanks for that, I tend to make it a habit of directing people to the Bug reporting thread under the impression that they seem to for some reason think this IS the thread to report bugs (even though there is a link in the OP that specifically leads to said specific thread)

Just saw that post so thanks for that, I tend to make it a habit of directing people to the Bug reporting thread under the impression that they seem to for some reason think this IS the thread to report bugs (even though there is a link in the OP that specifically leads to said specific thread)
it could be a feature.... for the deranged

Latest Posts

Back