Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,250 comments
To save a lot of frustration and annoyance, I’m only going to do the Gr.3 races for the proper season. Getting used to the Citroen so may stick with that. Otherwise I could use my beloved Mustang or Z4.

Nations was a lot of fun for these 3 races, especially the Porsche at Trial Mountain.

Attachments

• 920C7D82-9CA3-42E7-B41D-A9E61DA6108D.jpeg
    920C7D82-9CA3-42E7-B41D-A9E61DA6108D.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Next season I will forgo tradition of randomising the manu. In honour of my new car I will be going VW.
Congrats on the new car! And in honour of my new car I will be going .... Lamborghini.

(but only because Kia isn't in the game.)
To save a lot of frustration and annoyance, I’m only going to do the Gr.3 races for the proper season. Getting used to the Citroen so may stick with that. Otherwise I could use my beloved Mustang or Z4.
I am only going to enter if it is a proper season of a decent length. But can recommend that Mustang, both in Gr3 and Gr4!

My results from this "season":
Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 2.11.44 AM.png

I finished 2 spots higher nationally, but lost a spot overall compared to last season in Nation's.

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 2.11.53 AM.png

Once again the Manufacturer's schedule was garbage, but at least I'm usually relatively quick at Fuji so I decided to participate. For the first time ever I signed with someone other than Chevy, but I still kept it close to home and went with Ford, as both the Gr.3 and Gr.4 Mustang seem significantly faster at almost every track when compared to the Corvettes at the current BoP, even if the Mustangs feel like more of a handful to drive.

Congrats on the new car! And in honour of my new car I will be going .... Lamborghini.

(but only because Kia isn't in the game.)

I am only going to enter if it is a proper season of a decent length. But can recommend that Mustang, both in Gr3 and Gr4!
Lambo and Kia, two peas in a pod.

I wonder if this year will be when we go back to the FIAGTCs? Hopefully if we do, it'll mean a lot more than just branding. I also hope the World Tour events return, and more specifically, we get one in Manhattan again. I was actually able to attend one there some years ago, and got a GT Sport voucher for a free McLaren P1 GTR - plus a neat FIAGTC-themed license plate frame.

Last edited:
So is there a timing pattern on when the next set of races will drop?
Exhibition Season 2 was announced 4 days after Season 1 ended previously and started a week after the announcement, though my guess for this time is that it'll all be announced after next week's update

Exhibition Season 2 was announced 4 days after Season 1 ended previously and started a week after the announcement, though my guess for this time is that it'll all be announced after next week's update
Yeah I think we may get one more exhibition season, before the actual season begins 🤔

I wonder if this year will be when we go back to the FIAGTCs? Hopefully if we do, it'll mean a lot more than just branding. I also hope the World Tour events return, and more specifically, we get one in Manhattan again. I was actually able to attend one there some years ago, and got a GT Sport voucher for a free McLaren P1 GTR - plus a neat FIAGTC-themed license plate frame.
I was there too (3rd in line)! After I realized it was open to the public, I booked train tickets and spent the day in NYC (I love NYC!)
I bought a GT t-shirt.

Next time there is an event, maybe I will be more social and meet some of y'all IRL.

As for the next season, I cannot decide who to ride with. I love MB/AMG and have used them 95% of the time since GT Sport. The only others I have tried in GT7 (on alt account) is Porsche, Nissan, and Toyota. I like all 3 and can't see going with someone outside of that group.

Yeah I think we may get one more exhibition season, before the actual season begins 🤔
I think they will be another 2 exhibition seasons. That would take us to end of April with a few weeks either side, and then end of May time for the start of the official season?

I hope the next exhibition season is an experimental series with - More strategy with tyre/fuel wear (2 stop race would be fun), all racing tyres mandatory and definitely more dynamic weather would be great.

I like all 3 and can't see going with someone outside of that group.
Well, up to you but how about maybe taking a leap and going for someone totally out there who you would never normally pick - it can really make things interesting, and do we have the chance to pick again before the main season? If so it's worth considering. It hasn't always worked for me, but more often than not I'm happy.

Well, up to you but how about maybe taking a leap and going for someone totally out there who you would never normally pick - it can really make things interesting, and do we have the chance to pick again before the main season? If so it's worth considering. It hasn't always worked for me, but more often than not I'm happy.
I just might. I tried quite a few others in GT Sport. I have a few that I just will not do but that still leaves others I may give a try.

Still only 1 race to count then. New track for Round 1??

This is interesting though:

- Car Settings: Partially Allowed [Brake Balance]

Last edited:
Ugh, same schedule and 2 Gr.4 rounds for Manufacturers (one at DTS)? HARD pass.

Nations looks interesting though - Nissans at Fuji, a rally race (!!!), and Gr.2 at Sardegna. Sign me up.
One race to be confirmed next week. After the update - new car?

Also, partial brake balance adjustment? That's new.
Not just brakes:

Car Settings: Partially Allowed [Differential Gear (Partial), Brake Balance]
Car Settings: Partially Allowed | Downforce

Last edited:
Odd. Both announcements say there will be 3 rounds, but there are 4 listed for each including the ones pending details.

There will be three rounds for GTWS Nations Cup 2022/23 Exhibition Series - Season 3 and 10 entry slots per round.
:confused:

I'm assuming this next update might be a big one? Will the BoP finally be updated for Gr.4? Finally Brake balance to be allowed.

As for Manu races...another 4WD fest around Maggiore (unless there's a BoP change), an hours endurance race in the Rain at Spa and a classic 1 lap on Hards strat for Seaside. :lol:

Last edited:
Can't say I am particularly excited about any of these.

We just had a Manu at Fuji. Cool, another lot of Nissans to choose from (PD is obsessed with Nissan it seems).

We just did a Spa in the previous Manu. I hope it rains... I guess, but again we just did this. And at 24 laps, if any are wet this race will take 45 mins. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it might push some away.

Sardegna and Dragon's Trail.... again? They're in the Daily rotation so much getting burnt out on these tracks. Can't wait to see all the WRXs and GTRs, will be super interesting.

Last edited:
Can't say I am particularly excited about any of these.
Not really looked at them properly but yeah I’ve seen a few are poor.
We just had a Manu at Fuji. Cool, another lot of Nissans to choose from (PD is obsessed with Nissan it seems).
It would be nice if they was 4/5 different brands that could compete in both Gr.4 & Gr.3. I have no issue with people picking Nissan but if they was more competition with other brands it would make the series so much better. That race at Fuji, I think I had 8/9 Porsche 911s, and 2/3 Nissans and then the rest. Skip back to Saint Croix I saw 2 Porsche Caymans as I assume most PPorsche drivers skipped this race.
We just did a Spa in the previous Manu. I hope it rains... I guess, but again we just did this. And at 24 laps, if any are wet this race will take 45 mins. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it might push some away.

Sardegna and Dragon's Trail.... again? They're in the Daily rotation so much getting burnt out on these tracks. Can't wait to see all the WRXs and GTRs, will be super interesting.
I like Spa, so looking forward to that, but I’m hoping strategy plays a big part. 2 stopper would be good.
Sardegna & Seaside 👎🏻

It would be nice if they was 4/5 different brands that could compete in both Gr.4 & Gr.3. I have no issue with people picking Nissan but if they was more competition with other brands it would make the series so much better. That race at Fuji, I think I had 8/9 Porsche 911s, and 2/3 Nissans and then the rest. Skip back to Saint Croix I saw 2 Porsche Caymans as I assume most PPorsche drivers skipped this race.
Right, BoP in Gr3 and Gr4 has been broken for a long time.

This race, however, is Nissan Z road cars. Gotta pick a Nissan Z of sorts, like it or not. Eventually, one of them listed will become the META and everyone will just pick that.

- Regulations (Specified Car): Nissan Z Performance '23, Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08, Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07, Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '89, Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71, Nissan Fairlady Z 432 '69

Previous season record ("missed" Nations round 3 due to connectivity issues at home):
1676464569464.png

1676464579531.png

Also worth noting that most of Season 3 races have tuning set to partially enabled (mainly for brake balance). This isn't yet supported in the current version, so it seems that it will be a feature added in the PSVR2 update.

Ugh, same schedule and 2 Gr.4 rounds for Manufacturers (one at DTS)? HARD pass.
Seasons usually have an equal amount of Gr3 and Gr4 races. Obviously with 3 rounds before they chose Gr3 for the double.
Also worth noting that most of Season 3 races have tuning set to partially enabled (mainly for brake balance). This isn't yet supported in the current version, so it seems that it will be a feature added in the PSVR2 update.
PD can do this with extra settings they have when setting up races. Whether this filters into lobby races remains to be seen.

Seasons usually have an equal amount of Gr3 and Gr4 races. Obviously with 3 rounds before they chose Gr3 for the double.
I know, but I’d already decided to skip the gr4 rounds until they fix the BoP. Looks like I’m just doing Spa.

If it’s wet the BRZ was very good for the pros in the Grand Final, despite the speed deficiency. Might go Scooby again.

Back