Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,567 comments
It seems I might be an outlier, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Yes, some of the tracks are repeats, but I enjoyed them the first time around so I expect I'll enjoy them again.
I will admit I like all 4 of those tracks in the Manus, and loved Bathurst and Nords last season. It’s just the reputation of those races, and I think what’s annoying me more is the lack of imagination and creativity for those races. Hard tyres, and low multipliers.

Nations again 4 really good track, but just no imagination again.
It is an interesting choice to have so many Gr.X races in Nations. On the one hand, I'm glad that we'll be able to test different cars outside of the free practice mode. On the other, I feel that these races are going to turn into one-make races as everybody gravitates to whatever the meta is. At least in the Manu Cup -- for GT2/GT3 leagues, anyways -- you have to weigh the strengths and weakness of the Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars, so you end up with a decent variety in the races.
Suzuka, will probs end up been Ferrari
Sardegna - CLK
Interlagos - Genesis, GTR, with a few others
As usual, I'm disappointed that they have shortened many of the GT2/GT3 compared to the GT1 counterparts -- especially in the Nations Cup, where all the cars are the same. I really wish they'd stop with that.
The Nords race is my biggest disappointment. We had 5 laps last season, and now it back to 3.

Another thing I noticed is that the pages for championships in general have a new UI, at least on the mobile site.

EDIT: Just checked, the changes also applied to the desktop versions of the pages, too.

EDIT2: I also feel positive that we're still getting a February update - despite none of the rounds being listed as TBA - because the Bulgari VGT is stated to become available to all players by then. I wouldn't entirely rule out a new track locale/layout, either, as it could simply be a course that PD couldn't work into the schedule for whatever reason. I do agree that such a thing would be unlikely, though, but I suppose we can still hope for other things like more mission sets. Maybe with 5/8 races featuring Gr.3 cars, we could see something added to that field next week, like a more up-to-date GT3 racer like the Ferrari 296 GT3 or McLaren 720S GT3. Alternatively, it could be something more historic like the Lancia Stratos Turbo or a JGTC-era Honda NSX GT500. Maybe even a late-00s GT1 racer to join the Aston Martin DBR9, like those based on the Maserati MC12 or Lamborghini Murcielago. But I digress.

Last edited:
As a newcomer (last month's series was my first) I can't complain about the races being repeated.
I kind of like most of the tracks (with Road Atlanta being the most alien to me), but yeah, 3 laps around Nordschleife was a bit short last time (especially when I gambled on slicks and the track started drying...:sly:)

It was fun when I entered in GT3 and advanced to B-lobbies mid-series, I wonder how it will look like when starting in GT2 from the start.

I'm a time trial type guy, but these races were quite enjoyable last time around as a way to change the pace of playing GT7. Hope it will stay that way this time.

Looking at the schedule and the parameters, the optimist in me thinks that a major BOP change is inbound.

The narcissist in me thinks that PD has been milling about in my account, sniping my tunes to make MR cars great again.

But the realist in me thinks:

IMG_4234.gif

…the sentiment of every non-meta MR car lover in Gran Turismo

Last edited:
yay, its back! Wednesdays... sigh.

I'll echo that the manu looks copy-paste, except I really like nord and bathurst, so at least it's a copy-paste that I like. Also like driving GV, but I always seem to be slower than my peers there. C'mon, at least give us that beautiful day-night sunset drive at GV!

I've enjoyed both Genesis and AMG, might stick with what I know (i'm not brave enough to try something new just for kicks!)

Where can I see the time slots for the different leagues for each race?
GT1 League
・Saturday: 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 (UTC)
・Wednesday: 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (UTC)

GT2 & GT3 Leagues
・Saturday: 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 (UTC)
・Wednesday: 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00 (UTC)

Adjust to your timezone

GT1 League
・Saturday: 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 (UTC)
・Wednesday: 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (UTC)

GT2 & GT3 Leagues
・Saturday: 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00 (UTC)
・Wednesday: 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00 (UTC)

Adjust to your timezone
Thank you. Sucks to be a family man in UTC + 0. I may have to go US account.

Last edited:
What car is everybody thinking for this first race - Gr.4 at Suzuka?

There are only a few good places on that track to overtake -- mainly the front straight and out of Spoon to the Casio Triangle. I'm feeling like the Mazda3 is going to dominate on those straights, so it seems like it will be a strong choice for the race, even if it doesn't necessarily have the fastest lap time in qualifying. It's going to be slow in the corners, especially the Esses, but with it being so difficult to overtake there, a Mazda3 will probably just hold up the better-handling cars without losing positions. Then it can blast past the others on the straight.

If not, the Ferrari and McLaren seem to be the cars that fill the gap in Daily Races when the Mazda3 isn't the meta. Maybe they'll get their turn at this race.

And if there is rain for any significant portion of the race (though I am doubtful), it might make some of the 4WD cars more viable. The Lambo, especially, is great in the rain with its mid-engine 4WD drivetrain.

What car is everybody thinking for this first race - Gr.4 at Suzuka?

There are only a few good places on that track to overtake -- mainly the front straight and out of Spoon to the Casio Triangle. I'm feeling like the Mazda3 is going to dominate on those straights, so it seems like it will be a strong choice for the race, even if it doesn't necessarily have the fastest lap time in qualifying. It's going to be slow in the corners, especially the Esses, but with it being so difficult to overtake there, a Mazda3 will probably just hold up the better-handling cars without losing positions. Then it can blast past the others on the straight.

If not, the Ferrari and McLaren seem to be the cars that fill the gap in Daily Races when the Mazda3 isn't the meta. Maybe they'll get their turn at this race.

And if there is rain for any significant portion of the race (though I am doubtful), it might make some of the 4WD cars more viable. The Lambo, especially, is great in the rain with its mid-engine 4WD drivetrain.
Since I'll probably be cheap, I'll either use my rental Corvette from the last Manufacturers Cup (just before I have to trade it in for another - it pays to be a slow driver :lol: ) or the meta Mazda3 I bought/used for an earlier GTWS Gr.4 run, though I'm leaning toward the Corvette because its handling suits my (lack of) driving style more than the Mazda3. I'm thinking either tire wear or rain might become an issue with the FF Gr.4s.

The Gr.3 will almost certainly be the rental Corvette, while the Gr.2 will probably end up being either the 2016 Lexus GT500 or 2016 Nissan GT500.

@Yard_Sale, unless the update shows up Tuesday, the realist in you will win, at least for that first Nations Cup race, as just about everybody will be running that blasted Mazda3.

Edit - I can predict next week's overpriced UCD "Special Pick", though it will only cost 2,300 Cr. more than usual.

Last edited:
With tire and fuel multipliers set to 1x. Could this be a sign that PD will be adding weather to the track in the next update? That would be something!
On everything I was thinking that! Why would it be that short?

Add me to the list of people thinking there's a whole lot of repetition going on, kind of disappointed with the schedule for the next exhbition season.

Both Group 3 and 4 in Nations again, especially when the seasons are this short? Just... ugh. We've got Manufacturers for those! At least Group 4 is a slight novelty for those in GT1 considering that's not a thing in Manufacturers anymore, but most of the playerbase is in GT2 or 3 where it is, so... why?:boggled:

The Suzuki Cappuccino round is the only thing there that feels novel. Group 2 at Sardegna A came up around this time last year, I remember it being one of the earlier rounds after the PSVR2 launched. Looking back on @Hasnain282's championship history sheet, that was 23 Nations rounds ago. Considering how they've got the game's entire range of cars and tracks at their disposal in Nations, to get a repeat combo that soon is poor. Fully expecting it to turn out to be a CLK-LM one-make again too, unless the drastically increased fuel multiplier compared to last time gives something else the edge by being able to skip a pit stop or such.

Manufacturers is a poor showing too. I like the tracks but... some variety PD, please? Every single season (exhibition and main series) since April 2023 has had a race on one of the full ring Nurburgring layouts, and most of those have had wet weather as well. It's a fantastic combo, but it's just not the same if we're always doing it.

Kind of surprised Bathurst is back in again so soon as well considering we just had it. With it being so long, all I can think is they're doing a hastened replica of the Bathurst 12 hour that recently took place, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If it starts dark I'd definitely be wary of some rain turning up at least. Does Bathurst have rain as an option? I don't think I've ever checked!

Last edited:
Oh god, what have I done?

View attachment 1330316

At least I have a month to learn how to get the thing round the Nord.

Early days but nice to see a good variety of cars on the leaderboard for the Suzuka Nations round. No Mazdas in the top 90.
If you can make it somewhat competitive, you should get some sweet bonus money because I doubt Dodge is a very popular pick.

Oh god, what have I done?

View attachment 1330316

At least I have a month to learn how to get the thing round the Nord.

Early days but nice to see a good variety of cars on the leaderboard for the Suzuka Nations round. No Mazdas in the top 90.
I picked Dodge a couple Manus ago. The Gr3 Viper leaves a lot to be desired but it's not bad at all. The Gr4 Viper is very good, IMO.

I really wish we knew whether or not Nord would have rain. It would definitely effect who I pick for Manu.

Last edited:
I'm assuming rain at Nord since none of the others currently have rain available, to my knowledge, so it would be the only opportunity to do weather. I'd rather just thrash around in the dry, but wet Nürburgring seems to just be one of those things they go back to all the time.

So I am assuming this is a mistake, but if I look at the time slots available for the US side of things, it shows the GT2/3 races are on Thursday and Sunday rather than Wednesday and Saturday.

Capture.PNG

...whereas the event schedule shows the Wed and Sat.

Capture.PNG

Despite American tracks not having rain ATM, is it normal for Manu/nations races to offer IM/W tires as an alternative compound for the races?

GV has both of those compounds listed..

Despite American tracks not having rain ATM, is it normal for Manu/nations races to offer IM/W tires as an alternative compound for the races?

GV has both of those compounds listed..
Yes. IM and W tires are always available, whether it rains or not... or whether it even can at a given track or not. Just PD allowing full use of the #Ferraristrat at every location.

I am going to miss everything besides Nordschleife.... Which car would be the best there? Usually I drive the Porsche, but is there any Meta for this track? How does the Ford GT LM do with its top speed on the long straights?

Last edited:
If you can make it somewhat competitive, you should get some sweet bonus money because I doubt Dodge is a very popular pick.
Yeah, looking back at previous exhibitions there's only been 25-30 Dodge drivers in Europe GT2. About the same as Chevy.

The car feels good on mediums/softs & horrid on hards, so Deep Forest should be fun but the Nord will be a nightmare. I'm already doing my rain dance to try and even the odds a bit.

Last edited:
feel a bit dissapointed with the Manu races to be honest, race one just a sprint, no strategy. Race 2 is a bit interresting but have to work that day. Plus we already had a race on Bathurst last series and we had a race at the Ring last series...and the series before this one, and the one before that one. and only a few days between each race so no real time to have fun with practice.

Think I will pass and wait for the main season but just maybe I will take the Ferrari for a spin at GV hoping that not to many Mazda's and McLaren's enter...

1708610051995.png

I ran a few test laps with some Gr.4 cars yesterday at Suzuka in both dry and wet condition.

Here's how the dry tests went. They were done in the Free Practice mode of the race, so I was able to get the 'Max Speed' value from the tables at the end.

ModelOpt timeMax Speed
Veyron Gr.42:12.019237
650S Gr.42:12.056234
155 2.5 V6 TI '932:12.098231
458 Italia Gr.42:12.101235
Huracan Gr.42:12.626234
Mazda3 Gr.42:13.075236
G70 Gr.42:13.324231

For the wet conditions, I used the R05 weather setting (with Equal Conditions Mode) and IM tires:

ModelOpt time
G70 Gr.42:29.761
Huracan Gr.42:31.006
Veyron Gr.42:31.384
650S Gr.42:36.095

I had my fastest lap in Free Practice with the McLaren. That car is so nice to drive! Not so good in the rain, though.

For that, we need a 4WD car. Of the ones I tried, the Genesis did best in the rain, but it was terrible on the dry track. The Lambo and Bugatti were pretty good both conditions, though I found the Bugatti much nicer to drive in dry conditions. The Lambo gets really squirrelly braking into T1 and Spoon -- probably something I could adjust to with some practice, but I found quite difficult at the time. The Bugatti also had a slightly better top speed, which could also come in handy for overtaking on the straights (or at least defending there).

Right now, I'm leaning toward using the Veyron for the race as it seems to perform well for me in both dry and wet condtions. I'm doubtful we'll have rain, but I'd like to be prepared for it, especially since it isn't really costing me anything in dry condtions. I'm about as fast in it as I am in the McLaren.

I still need to run a few full-race tests to check for issues with tire wear or fuel, but given the multipliers for the race, I doubt there will be any problems.

Last edited:
Back