Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,250 comments
These alt accounts I can't see give me a false sense of security.

I prob won't race though, head feels really floaty still and coughing my guts up. Enjoy today, all. Genuinely looking forward to reading some race reviews and looking at class screenshots xxx

These alt accounts I can't see give me a false sense of security.

I prob won't race though, head feels really floaty still and coughing my guts up. Enjoy today, all. Genuinely looking forward to reading some race reviews and looking at class screenshots xxx
I didn't want to make them at first but soemtimes I can't make a race because of work so now I have one in each of the 3 zones to make at least one. 😅

Edit:

With the 4C I'm so much slower then with the 155 so the 155 it will be 😂

Attachments

• 18faeb9d48538-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18faeb9d48538-screenshotUrl.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
-As expected: no rain at all.
-Surprise: Q2.
-Big surprise: Q1 brakes waaaay too early on first turn and I gain a position I wasn't trying to fight for.
-Great surprise: P2 and P3, despite being faster than me, lose a ton of time fighting each other (in a dirty way, I suspect) and I just have to do a time trial to grab another victory.

1000068496.jpg

Yeah, now that I've watched the replay I can tell the austrian guy in the Porsche was really dirty, and surprisingly fast if we take in mind he spent all the race going for the narrowest lines possible. The german guy in the Genesis was also fast, but in a regular way; he deserved P2 (finished P4) and could have fought me for the victory if the Porsche hadn't been so dirty.

Last edited:
Weird, @Moose78 ,you're not showing up on my leaderboard?? But we're defo connected on there.

There's a few this round who normally set practice times that aren't on there.... Is this a bug? @Interemptor as well
View attachment 1358230
The leader boards for GT1 are separate from the GT2/3 ones for this race because GT1 is in Gr.3 cars and GT2/3 are in Gr.4.

GT2, Slot 1, Low/Mid B, 87pts for 1st, Door #1

Usually I have a bad race when I have a high door number but, thankfully, not this time.

Qualified on pole. First time ever in a WS race.

1.jpg

Not really much to say about this race. Pulled away right from the start and after 3 laps the gap to p2 was about 4s.

After lap 6 the gap stayed around 6s until the end.

Not the most exiting race but after all the punts, pushes and all the mistakes I made in the last races I gladly take it.

Nice ego boost tbh 😅

2.jpg

3.jpg

Going into today's round I only had 2 slots to get a result in.
Even after my good result at Daytona my local rival had still pulled a 6 point gap on me in the standings. (Probably down to their higher DR.) However it was still all to play for going into Fuji.
1716630437536.png

But I had a little bit of confidence.
1) I had a better result than him in the other Gr4 race we competed in.
2) I historically do well around Fuji with it being my 2nd best track in GTS.

All I needed was 49 points to get a 1 point lead and hope they didn't better their 40 points this round.
Did I do it? I put up my reports later as I need to catch the bus to meet friends for drinks.
Good luck to all who are left to race.

Hmm did my first slot today. Did not qualify so had some time checking the other drivers profiles. At least 6 were Alts. Seal clubbing in a mid C level race. One guy took the crown. Almost 500 points, Impossible to get in C lobbies. He's going to go through all 10 slots either winning each race or going back and forth.

Decided to drop back further myself, maybe have a nice race low C high D? Dunno.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started 5th, .5 off pole but .2 off 2nd after two pretty bad qualifying laps that were nearly a second off my FP pace. Stayed in 5th until lap 3 when a Lambo pitted me coming out of turn 1, went down to 8th. Worked my way back up and caught the 2nd-5th pack (1st must have been laughing) with a few laps to go. A Ferrari got spun out of that and all four cars looked like they'd been in a war. Another GT-R got shovelled out of this pack on lap 9 and by the last lap I had caught up with them. I don't know if it was brake checking or nerves but the Lambo from earlier and a Mercedes both crawled through the final sector. I got a cutback on them onto the final straight and would have had second, but the Ferrari came back and pipped me on the line.

97 points would be my second highest score this season, but I'm undecided if I'll go again. A bit of a frustrating end to the season if it is but there's not much else you can do with this race.

Did some more TTing at Fuji, down to a 1:39.613. Even the Porsche feels like it's driving on glass. I don't get it; it's like PD want everyone to spin out or something.

Jury still out if I am going to partake, but I am thinking of it.

This is already morning of the race day for me and I still can't decide if I want to race, even though I am getting good qualifying times. Gr4 on Fuji is just dreadfully boring. Dry no-stopper is a pure snoozefest. But then I have nothing to do in GT7 after today except to wait for a good daily race to come back, like the 20-lap Spa.

I already started playing Wreckfest again yesterday. While it is fun and competitive (in races with realistic damage + class A cars), the races are just too short. GT7's Sport is still the best simcade multiplayer out there. Sigh.

Last edited:
This is already morning of the race day for me and I still can't decide if I want to race, even though I am getting good qualifying times. Gr4 on Fuji is just dreadfully boring. Dry no-stopper is a pure snoozefest. But then I have nothing to do in GT7 after today except to wait for a good daily race to come back, like the 20-lap Spa.
This is where I am. The Manu races are the only thing keeping me interested in this game right now. I'll do the weekly challenges for the money so I can collect cars I'll never use, and I do the TTs just until I hit gold so I can get the money to collect cars I'll never use.

But, yea, the Dailies have been a bore. I think the new TT will keep me busy for a bit and the next Gazoo race at LeMans looks like fun... but other than that not looking particularly exciting on the horizon.

You can't change Leagues once you've started the season.
I have a 2nd account that I’ve not signed up with yet so a few daily races.
But nah I’ve got a busy afternoon really so just going to fully skip this round

Sorry for posting pics from the Daytona round instead of the Fuji. Just not feeling the Fuji today. I have grown to love Daytona in past few months after initially not liking any US tracks. Special thanks to the rumblings on my controller from the uneven roads at the Daytona. It is now my dream to stand on the oval bank one day (it is just walking distance from DAB airport). GT7 really knows how to make one fall in love not just with cars but with tracks as well. No other game has ever done this for me.

I was watching last lap replay from the Daytona round when I noticed this chrome blur appearing for a split second. Blink and miss it moment.
1716644382393.png

I had to choose like 1/4000 sec shutter to take a clear picture of the chrome blur!
1716644477456.png

This last lap shot made me realize that I should not have given up trying to chase podium early on. The race was actually pretty close. Too bad that I can only know gap to the leader and to the guy immediately ahead of me. Wish GT7 would show gaps to everyone so that I know when to push and when to chill. Btw, the chrome blur from the previous pics is visible here as well. Have fun spotting it (if you like this game).
1716644583820.png

I usually race in lobbies as a DR C or D, I've had a good run with the daily race C this week and have reached DR B. And, oh wow, were the driving standards poor in both the Manufacturers' races this morning. Not many penalties were given by the game. I know I'm repeating what others have said, but it's the first time I've run in the middle of the pack for a while. I qualified 8th, and got up to 6th before I was bashed and crashed to last in the first race. In the second race, slightly fewer dirty drives, so a cleaner run to finish 9th after qualifying 7th.

So, PD, should I practice, practice and practice to reach the front of the grid ... or tank my DR so that I can enjoy a battle at the front? Racing in the pack seems to be a battle of those who can get away the most with push to pass or just barging competitors off. Or do I have to turn to the dark side ... which I won't do!

There is little incentive to race clean, or disincentive to avoid contact.

Last edited:
Great... I'm finaly improving myself and now PD's servers are throwing in wrenches... had us all on lockdown between warm up and qualifying.

Guess the Gods are trying to tell me something... wait... what's that... leave this s*^t behind you and get a beer... ok... thanks Gods of Racing... I'm in.

Dear Polyphony. Please stop it with these sprint races. They're not all that interesting and really bring out the worst in everyone. If you really must, save that stuff for daily races.
Dear everyone. Please stop driving like idiots during sprint races!

I've already had a unexpectedly good run this season so I signed up today purely for the sake of participation with the off-chance that I somehow improve one of my three scores. My expectations were low and somehow everyone still managed to turn it into such a circus that I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Does anyone else ever go out on the warm up and get a bad feeling about someone before the race even starts? I had that feeling today about a Spaniard in a Porsche, and oh was I right.

I qualified P10 with a 1:40.667 in a mixed A/A+ lobby. I've managed to repair almost all the DR damage from the nightmare in Nations and the season before. 🥳 I was happy with the lap being only 2 tenths off my personal best, but ultimately I was just off the pace. My personal best would only have been good enough for P7.

Lap 1 went OK, but I started going backwards at the beginning of lap 2. The Ferrari in front of me had missed the apex at turn 1, and I went and missed it myself. That brought me to a near halt and two cars took the opportunity to swoop past.

At the start of lap 3, a Mercedes from towards the front had dropped right back after suffering damage, and frustratingly he dropped in between me and the cars I had been following. Trying to deal with him compromised me, and that let the Spanish Porsche behind through, so now down in P13. Not good.

In sector 3, trying to fight the Mercedes then compromised me again and a Subaru pushed me off. The dirty tyres then compromised me even more, so down to P15. Aaaarrggghh.

On lap 4, everything kicked right off as the Mercedes absolutely rammed the Spanish Porsche into oblivion at Coca-Cola. It didn't stop there though, because the Porsche then made a completely insane rejoin at 100R and took out another Porsche right in front of me. Looking back at the replay, that then started some serious back and forth revenge punting between the two of them and they finished miles off the back.

This all started because the Spanish Porsche had gone full push-to-pass at Panasonic, ramming 3 cars wide whilst they were neatly going side-by-side in 2 rows. One of those cars took offence to that and tried taking the Spaniard out down the main straight. The Spaniard survived with a few positions lost, then made a heavy push-to-pass on the Mercedes into turn 1. Absolute clown show.

The Subaru later gave me a massive shock on lap 5, making a move that I thought is quite dirty. What does everyone else think?

I ended up dropping back as I fell out of the tow from the Subaru and couldn't get back into it, crossing the line in P10. One-and-done for me, I'm going to go chill out now that the season is over. :)

Last edited:
Against my better judgement, I had to do 2 races today as my first race was, again, a total disaster. I wasn't expecting much but holy cow what a mess. My qualifying time puts me in P13 as I thought it would. On lap 2 I manage to reset my self when I take evasive action and spin. A few laps later I get dumped entering turn 4 and then get pinballed thanks to 2 other drivers gaving a ramming session move into my racing line. I quit that race real quick. There was a ton of people nosing thier way into the corners using others as a brake of sorts. So many desperate moves out there. I need some kind of points so I go again.

I qualify P4 this time but it doesn't matter as the entire field decided to send it up my inside and I get pinballed AGAIN the entire opening lap and fall to P14. Where apparently all the dirty drivers were hanging out. I've never seen such dirty racing in my life. And I'm caught up in it AGAIN and can't escape. I then get a 2 second penalty for forcing a car off track. I'm sorry but I had nowhere to go and that's a dumb penalty in my opinion. Somehow I catch P13 and I make a move when they spin. And on course they spin directly in my path.

Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe my headspace right now. I was better off not racing at all. What a waste of my time honestly.

Against my better judgement, I had to do 2 races today as my first race was, again, a total disaster. I wasn't expecting much but holy cow what a mess. My qualifying time puts me in P13 as I thought it would. On lap 2 I manage to reset my self when I take evasive action and spin. A few laps later I get dumped entering turn 4 and then get pinballed thanks to 2 other drivers gaving a ramming session move into my racing line. I quit that race real quick. There was a ton of people nosing thier way into the corners using others as a brake of sorts. So many desperate moves out there. I need some kind of points so I go again.

I qualify P4 this time but it doesn't matter as the entire field decided to send it up my inside and I get pinballed AGAIN the entire opening lap and fall to P14. Where apparently all the dirty drivers were hanging out. I've never seen such dirty racing in my life. And I'm caught up in it AGAIN and can't escape. I then get a 2 second penalty for forcing a car off track. I'm sorry but I had nowhere to go and that's a dumb penalty in my opinion. Somehow I catch P13 and I make a move when they spin. And on course they spin directly in my path.

Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe my headspace right now. I was better off not racing at all. What a waste of my time honestly.
Me last week.

This week I just took part....

After only 2 laps of practice on a track I hate, especially the last sector (1:51.4), I popped into a full 1 pm CDT mixed D/S-C/C (2 of the latter) room offering 20 points for a win, wearing door #7 on my Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 and needing 8th to better one of my 3 14-point runs. As usual, I skipped qualifying, with pole taken by a Ferrari at 1:48.8, and my practice time not much better than the 16th I would have.

I got taken out by a one-talent NSX (who somehow made his C SR worse this race) that had a track-limit penalty on lap 2, but persevered and eventually had a 1:50.2 after 2 sectors of purple to salvage a 12th-place finish, ahead of said one-talent hack. That, had all the rounds counted, would have been a GTWS-low 11 points. Even had I not been taken out, I probably wouldn't have done better than 10th. At least I got a CRB out of it.

Did the first two slots today.

9am
Ran some practice and whilst I felt o.k. it seemed pretty average. That played out with my qualy. Q12 on the grid to match my door number. I need P9 to get my required 49 points. (See previous post)
Lap one and I get a penalty cutting Coca Cola. After that I'm in pretty much in a race long battle. I'm waiting for an accident but it never comes. Last lap and the car decides to run wide through 100R and I'm down the order. I finish P12.

10am
This time I need P6 to get over the 49 point mark.
I somehow pull out my quickest lap of the day to grab P5 on the grid.
On the exit of TGR a Supra ahead gets it wrong and exits stage left. Then a Lancer runs wide through Coca Cola and picks up a 0.5 penalty. I am now onto the podium. I have a Ferrari in close company who I now realise is the same Ferrari driver from my last Daytona race. They go past into TGR. However they run a wider line through 100R and I take them out of Advan though they get me again in Dunlop.
Next lap they are wide in 100R again and I hold it around the outside of Advan this time to get past them. I hold the inside into Dunlop to prevent a dive. The cars behind us are 3 wide and predictably miss their braking point. 2 Ferraris meet and I am able to gap this gaggle. Eventually a GT-R gets to the front via good timing and incidents. They begin to very slowly reel me in.
Now begins a test of nerves.
Last lap and they are now within 2 seconds. By now it feels like the car has no grip. I know it is the nerves but I feel hunted. Then I cut Dunlop too much giving me a 0.5 second penalty. Oh well 4th is still good I think. The most important thing is to keep it on the track.
I cross the penalty line and do my usual of changing down only to find myself at the top of the gear and only change up after a second of this registering. I'm still 3rd but I know they are closing. I don't know how but I hold it for P3!
bedc42c3f2f7f83d1f5923f486a4c5b4_photo.webp

I get the score I am after with 59 points. I hope it will be enough.
Ford has been fun and the different car choices in Gr3 should cover all bases.
ef629813ae8c3f76338c437f1bfc4bb7_photo.webp

I had the same feeling after two races today. The Gr4 BMW is absolutely useless around Fuji. And for whatever reason, Fuji felt even worse than normal today. A 10 lap sprint race on hards to end Manufacturers seems like a troll job by PD.

What a finish to a quite the crazy cup league this time round I have to say.
  • I setup the Corvette best I could and started to practice before my 11am slot.
  • Did some free practice runs and was getting a good 1:48 time around FUJI Speedway.
  • Then moved onto qualifying but it was very bumpy, the car doesnt respond on RH tires as well as like in free practice.
  • Managed to knock down qualifiying but only got into 13th place, great lol.
  • Started the race, kept as smooth as possible in turn 1, most drivers kept it together and were sensible.
  • I had a great battle with a Ferrari Italian driver through laps 5-8 and we really battle for joint 9th-10th place.
  • A 2019 supra crashed out and we gained some places.
  • Then I passed the Ferrari and was gaining on a british guy in the Cayman clubsport, but during the tight turn 10 (dunlop) he ran over the grass and wierdly got reset, so he lost the place up and put me in 8th.
  • Finished off the race best I could and scored 8th place with points.

I didnt get time to try again so left it as and was happy with 8th for this FINAL round. Lets see how Chevy did in the standings, looking forward to seeing how the duke racers battle it out in Montreal!

Gran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525105731.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525110805.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525110928.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525113121.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525113248.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525113144.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525113830.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525113726.jpgGran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525114107.jpg
Gran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240525111110.jpg

I did skip the Daytona round, it was very busy Wednesday, besides, didn't have good feeling about it, although I like the track.

Today I did 1 o'clock slot. GT2, EMEA, mid-to-high B/S lobby (however strange it sounds I keep gaining on this bar), 112 points for the win, door #8.

Mediocre lap of 47.9 gave me 7th slot on the starting grid.
Start went ok, kept close to the cars ahead and the congestion behind gave me about a second of gap.
On the exit of last turn the Porsche ahead was a little too eager on the gas...
GTWS24-Manu6-lap1pass.jpg

and that gave me the 6th spot.

Then I caught up with the other red Ferrari (#3) that served penalty on the straight and overshoot the braking for turn 1
GTWS24-Manu6-lap2pass.jpg

and suddenly I was 5th.

Did I mention my race pace was dismal? Mostly 49s with some 48s (when I did 47s in FP comfortably), that meant most cars were gaining on me. So did the other red Ferrari (#3), they overtook me two laps later, very cleanly and mindfully I should add (hold on that thought).
But some fierce fight ensued in the front group with one car dropping out
GTWS24-Manu6-frontdropout.jpg

and that allowed me to keep my 5th place.

My lack of pace meant that #3 Ferrari gapped me and joined the Aston ahead. Battle for 3rd commenced. It looked serious with a little shoving and pushing, but from my place it appeared like nothing too drastic. All in all, in the chicane the #3 Ferrari ran off track (or rather was pushed) and I moved up one spot.
GTWS24-Manu6-chicanepass.jpg

Aston in 3rd started to make little mistakes here and there, so I managed to get quite close yet without clear opportunity to overtake (the third sector was wasn't my strong point today). Aston was getting slower and with me not able to pass the #3 Ferrari closed in for the last two laps.
When we started the final lap I stayed on the outside for turn 1 to get a good braking and turn in hoping the Aston will overbrake himself in trying to defend. I don't really know how would that turn out because while braking for turn 1 the #3 Ferrari suddenly appeared (clearly off the brakes),
GTWS24-Manu6-turn1hit.jpg

hitting the Aston hard, sending them off and practically gifting me 3rd place. That Ferrari rage quitted few corners later. After replay review the #3 Ferrari was aiming for the Aston, wasn't interested in me, they only wanted to disturb Aston...
So that was it, I brought the 3rd place home.
GTWS24-Manu6-result.jpg

With 103 points, this is my first ever three digit points haul in my short history of GT7 online racing.
Very happy with that!

My first full GTWS Manu Cup season wraps up with the following result:
GTWS24-finalstanding.jpg

Back