Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,398 comments
GT3 SA (it's not GTA San Andreas lol)

I got my first victory online and it was at this official event. It was actually the first time I won a race online in any game.šŸ˜ƒ
18f127ddfde9-ab868d7eec96612ccc3be8394635f12263aebfdf-816_message_438784514095407_1714002008185.jpg

I did a good qualify using the car in front of me and started in 2nd. First lap got the 1st place and could maintain it til the end, never happened to me before, also did the fastest lap in lap 9.
90% was using M3 including me.

It helped a little being a so classic track that I remember spending hours and hours in GT1.

After a complete disaster in Le Mans (only caused by my driving skills) and pass for race with the Honda (never driven the car before, barely know the track and no time for practice) this time was a big improvemnt for me.

I choosed the LFA. Didn't wanted to take the BMW like everybody else.
Quali was very good. I did a 2.05.3, which is just .2 sec slower than my best practise lap. That ment P6, .3 sec behind P1.
There were 10 BMW, 3 LFA and 1 Porsche and Mazda.

First lap, things went very chaotic, very fast. I tried to avoid making contact with other cars but hit Barry in the right hander after the 1. tunnel > 1st penalty.
On the long straight i had a drag race with a BMW. We went side by side onto the hairpin and i forgot to break and hit Barry again > 2nd penalty.
After serving the 3 sec, i almost lost the car between turn 1 and 2. That put me back in P15.
After that, my laps became more clean and i could gain some places and had some realy fun fights.
In the end i finished P8, wich i was quite satisfied with.
TrialMountain_.jpg

Biggest shock in GTWS history - first round of manufacturers cup is on the N24.

Last edited:
So they nerf all the MR cars (assuming this is just mid speed tracks or is it all low & high speed) apart from Porsche. Good job I was picking Porsche before the announcement.
I wonder how many people now will be looking for a new manufacturer as they were going with McLaren or Renault etcā€¦

Manufacturers Cup eventsā€¦ not too bad really. I hate that we have some repeat tracks again (Nurburgring 24h, Suzuka, Interlagos & Deep Forest) as these seem to pop up a fair bit.
Could we have weather at Nurbs 24h, Suzuka and Fuji? No mandatory tyre for those 3 races.

Looking at the dates I have a feeling I may miss one of the best race at Suzuka. 35 laps with possible weather.

Looking at the dates I have a feeling I may miss one of the best race at Suzuka. 35 laps with possible weather.
35 laps for the GT1 elite. Meanwhile the rest are back to being treated as second-class citizens with a frankly insulting 15 laps.

Shorter seasons every time, barely any strategy, nerfed events - thereā€™s no point playing unless youā€™re A or above.

35 laps for the GT1 elite. Meanwhile the rest are back to being treated as second-class citizens with a frankly insulting 15 laps.

Shorter seasons every time, barely any strategy, nerfed events - thereā€™s no point playing unless youā€™re A or above.
Annoyingly for the 35 lap GT1 race they've specified RH and only X2 tyre wear. A race that long could have been really interesting strategy wise balancing the choice of more stops, harder tyres or tyre saving.

Annoyingly for the 35 lap GT1 race they've specified RH and only X2 tyre wear. A race that long could have been really interesting strategy wise balancing the choice of more stops, harder tyres or tyre saving.
Isn't this just the World Tour race with the slow-moving rain again? Same parameters, at least...

Lol exactly, what's the fun on not letting people try different strategies, unless there are very known meta way, which probably doesn't at this point.

I own three Subarus. I'm picking Subaru. Simple. šŸ™‚
But I own three Ferrari's, one McLaren, one AMG, two Lamborghini's and a Kia Proceed. So for me it is still very difficult to pick one....
bit off topic but anyway: on April 2nd I posted above message here when we were discussing which manufacturer to pick.

Now I have to be honest and this may come as a shock to you all but I was not telling the thruth that day and in fact I do not own three Ferrari's, a McLaren, an AMG and two Lambo's. My apologies!! And from today I no longer own the Kia Proceed as well.

But as of today I do own the below car which in it's race trim is one of the best looking cars in this game, in my humble opinion.
Very pleased to have purchased this car, maybe not the most sensible decision of my life but I think it will be fun.

So will I drive for this manufacturer now in the coming series? mweh, probably not...

1714037534228.png

This is probably the first manu season where I'm strong on all 6 tracks. Time to improve my DR at A+ and see where it takes me. 35 laps at Suzuka is dream land. Thanks PD, this makes up for a slightly disappointing (short) Nations schedule. Now who do I sign for?

And if you're A or above you get nerfed time slots. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Back