Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,250 comments
I just had a good time at Daytona, but from what I see everyone saying here and upon looking at my replay, it sounds like I got lucky. There was also someone in my race from GTPlanet going by the lobby entry chats, but I didn't know who in the moment. After looking around here, I think it might have been @Yard_Sale? Someone driving a brown Ferrari that looked like this at least.

I started P4 and had a scruffy race start. I lost a position at turn 1 as I'd gone a bit deep, with the Porsche behind being both more confident and accurate on hitting the apex. I then lost a couple more at the first hairpin after hugging the kerb a bit too much and sticking a wheel on the grass. :dunce:

The positions came back over time after a trio of Porsches collided at the second hairpin on lap 3. One got pushed off, one got damage from causing the collision and a third was collateral damage.

The race was mostly just putting in laps from that point. I scuffed the bus stop on lap 8 and picked up a penalty, so I decided to try mitigate it by diving into the pits to do an 8/12. I was a bit concerned about possibly emerging in traffic but found myself in a massive 30s gap.

End result P4 for 214 points, season best so far. 🥳 Also happy with that since that's the first online Group 3 race I've ever done at Daytona.

Yeah, that was me! Congrats on your finish! I thought I recognized that livery. I got caught in a first couple lap melee causing major damage that had me going for an early pit stop and needing to fuel save like crazy. Then in the beginning of lap 13 - when I finally caught back up to the pack, I got caught in an awkward incident in that right hand hairpin just after the pit exit. There was a guy in front of me, and I guy exiting the pits right next to me - a raving incident insued and I caught heavy damage again. Decided to park it.

Went again in a predominantly drop split A+ lobby with me and 2 other normal A-ranked drivers. Qualified in 11th with a crappy lap.

Race starts and two cars spin out on the left hander just as we enter the oval. Ghosting didn’t work quick enough and I once again sustained heavy damage with those two other dudes quitting. I ran the damage till end of lap 7 before I went for the early pit stop again, but long enough into the race so I didn’t have to fuel save. Ended up coming in 8th for a slight DR gain.

Gonna hot the last slot, and I might be able to get this account to A+ after all

Went again didn’t I…..! My previous statement above still stands but can sigh a huge relief!

2nd slot UK, Number 9 this time with 158 points available.

Qualifying- got some decent free air ahead and my 911 put me on P2 with a 1.45.9

Race - Decent start, held on to P2 but P1 ahead was rapid and also in a GT500! Nearly 6tenths faster in quali. Just got my head down and tried to keep neat and tidy. By lap 4 another GT500 car just breezed past me so P3. Made a huge error but saved it coming off the road section on the oval on lap 6. Back stepped out and just managed to save it and hold on to P3. Held my P3 right up until the pit stop lap 12. I was at 1% were as P4 was at 11%. I knew I was going to get jumped and I did. P3 was a AMG and its top end was better so it was able to hold me off. By lap 15 the AMG was slow through the bus stop and I knew that was my chance. I tried to slipstream and past them at T1, but I was never able to make the gap big enough to slot in ahead. I knew my only chance was on the last lap to get a better exit at the bus stop and take P3 on the line. As it’s so happened the AMG got a bad exit and I was able to slipstream past for P3.

A clean race bonus too and 141 points my troubles. Take that you dirty Spanish driver from race 1 haha.

My live stream if interested 😀

IMG_6960.jpeg

EMEA GT1 Slot #1 - 284 Points Lobby

Knew the McLaren won’t be competitive on Daytona (in my hands) so was just aiming to have a clean race and stay out of trouble.

Quali actually went well with me hanging onto the Porsche in front and managed to get slipstream all the way after bus stop. Managed 1:25.2 which placed me Q3, 0.4s behind pole in a GT500 Supra.

5-B56487-E-973-E-469-C-913-C-4443-B206-C78-A.jpg

Race also went alright, lost the slip from the top 2 (GT500 Supra, Renault RS01) by lap 2 and thankfully was able to bump draft with another McLaren in P4 together to get away from the rest of the pack. Though I soon made multiple mistakes in bus stop and allowed another GT500 Supra to get by both of us.

999-F40-EB-CC5-E-4081-A37-F-834-B760-AC8-E4.jpg

Pitted at Lap 11 with that Supra hoping to hang on his slip, turned out he changed tyres (the only front runner to do so in my lobby) and I got out in no man’s land. That was until Lap 19 where the Supra that changed tyres managed to get to 2s behind, while I got into slip range of the McLaren in front. Though a huge snap coming out of bus stop in the final lap denied any chance of a podium but I am thrilled to race in such a clean and close lobby and ultimately finished 4th, bagging 248 points.

IMG-0544.jpg

IMG-0545.jpg

Goodluck in your races!

Last edited:
Q10, wasn’t even 1.5 seconds off the pole. I got P10, though I wonder if the Genesis X Gr.3 is superior at curvier courses like in that first round versus high-speed tracks like Daytona here.

It's very discouraging, isn't it? Not to mention unfair, unsportsmanlike and against the rules. I've mentioned it before and pretty much got told to deal with it and shut my hole (it's the main reason I hardly post on here anymore).

But yeah.
Yeah just yeah.

But and being honest I signed up as genuine B got to A before the races and brands helped a lot.

But on Daytona the A+ guys are next level and shouldn't be tanking DR, yet the top guys were in some of my dailies last week.

I'm watching some races this evening, and this race is driving home my personal biggest dislike about GT7's physics, which is that no matter what car you're using, bump-drafting works and has no downsides to doing so. It just doesn't look "right" for lack of a better word, it's immersion-breaking.
I did bump draft in a lobby practice yesterday, the guy put on on the hazard and let me pass.
Today on my race, did the same to another guy, he put on the hazard and changed lane
It felt like is not a wanted behavior...

Lunch break race, GT2, all A/S drivers. Driving the Peugeot RCZ.

Q11, with 1.47.3, 2.3 sec behind the leader.

Climbed up to 5. Made 2 mistakes that sent me back to 11. I will pit mid race instead of on lap 10th.
P11.

I might try again. But that 4 cylinder Peugeot lack the speed on the straight.

I never have an opportunity to confront someone about their driving.

You must have been really pissed off after that? Did you follow your own advice and watch the replay? I don't suppose you saw anything wrong about spinning a green-purple Honda and not caring.

And I stopped counting after the 3rd one you "punished".

Was that German guy not nice too you? Certainly, but he retailiated against you, from what I could tell.

Takes one to know one.
Hmmm Intresting, I have not seen the full replay, I just highlighted one part of the whole race Seth. So your confronting, right ok.

Obviously, I was fuming, but I managed to continue, recompose myself and not rage quit like some people do. I continued on and got 10th place as mentioned in my post.

In terms of your Purple Honda NSX I assume?

I'll be honest I vageuly remember tapping a racer, and I did serve a penalty for it, a 5sec one, which ended up putting me to the back of the grid during another race, not sure. It may not have been the same race or I didn't take caps or save the reply for that one to check.

If I did hit you racer, I am sincerely apologising for doing so, and it wasnt intentional and I would have served a penalty for it.

My main point was that how that racer guy, pitted me and then goes on to win the race with little or no consequence, he got away scot free.

Lastly your stating that he retailited, why cant he just race clean? Was it really necassary to retaliate for a small bump on that turn, really? He began to forcefully push me off, how is that clean and why is he doing it?

If he races like that then I won't be the only one facing his bad driving habits.

Take that as you wish.

Against my greater good I went one more to just salvage points.

QT 8th door 1 again, happy days just bring this home gain a place or lose a place all good.

Well f..blow my whistle and ring it twice.

I'm done with these races. As a high A driver I expect people to get it wrong...that is ok, but I expect them to know how to recover.

Arrrrgggghhhhh not glens happy place tonight not at all. Arrrrrgggghhhhh

Breathe. It's just game points not life points. Breathe Glen. Breathe.

Yeah just yeah.

But and being honest I signed up as genuine B got to A before the races and brands helped a lot.
It's not even that, I'm towards the sharp end of GT2/B and usually see a few A drivers in my GTWS races. Heck, couple of good races and I'd be A/S myself and still in GT2.

It's the A+ actively maintaining alternate B accounts specifically to run in GT2 that grinds my gears.

Quali actually went well with me hanging onto the Porsche in front and managed to get slipstream all the way after bus stop.
I believe that slipstream is completely disabled in qualifying. Which would explain why braking points in qualifying never changes. And why I never see anyone partnering up in qualifying.

But I have never underestimated power of mental slipstream. :D

It's very discouraging, isn't it?
Ah. I can see this way, yeah. Never understood why PD can’t limit GT1 to A+. I bet that would solve a lot of problems.

For me, I actually enjoy getting A+ folks as this is as close to multi class racing as I can get. And of course, because I have never cared about my DR rating. As long as I am getting close racing, I am happy. And I am happy where I am. Folks are close to me, are consistent so they are glued to me all race long, and are all chill because they aren’t scared of falling down in DR class (a common reason why some low A folks are brash and not fun to race against).

I do want to try being DR A one day to experience GT1 length (and now weather) but I am concerned about limited time slots and heavy damage. I actually love damage, especially terminal damage, like in Wreckfest and especially in DiRT Rally (where you carry damage for multiple events and get an fixed amount of time to fix them). But I don’t like GT7’s ping pong collisions and rudimentary damage and thus I would prefer light damage.

signed up as genuine B got to A
From B to high A. That’s a monster progress in such a little time!:eek:

Last edited:
ZEE
Hmmm Intresting, I have not seen the full replay, I just highlighted one part of the whole race Seth. So your confronting, right ok.

Obviously, I was fuming, but I managed to continue, recompose myself and not rage quit like some people do. I continued on and got 10th place as mentioned in my post.

In terms of your Purple Honda NSX I assume?

I'll be honest I vageuly remember tapping a racer, and I did serve a penalty for it, a 5sec one, which ended up putting me to the back of the grid during another race, not sure. It may not have been the same race or I didn't take caps or save the reply for that one to check.

If I did hit you racer, I am sincerely apologising for doing so, and it wasnt intentional and I would have served a penalty for it.

My main point was that how that racer guy, pitted me and then goes on to win the race with little or no consequence, he got away scot free.

Lastly your stating that he retailited, why cant he just race clean? Was it really necassary to retaliate for a small bump on that turn, really? He began to forcefully push me off, how is that clean and why is he doing it?

If he races like that then I won't be the only one facing his bad driving habits.

Take that as you wish.
I'm confronting because you are selective in your memories of events.

Maybe you should watch the replay. I'm confused, you're talking like you don't understand that we were in the same race? The one you are refering too. I stayed in chat after and read how you told him a piece or two.

Then I watched the replay of our race and found out just how you drive. Not only one me but others as well. Still in that same race. You should not do yourself what you dislike in others.

You did not get a penalty for it unfortunately. That was given to the guy who put me wide in the first place. You, turning me around in the same corner, did not.

But I don't want you to serve penalties, just give the position back... just wait. Is all.

Thank you for the apology. We're good. But please take a look at yourself before telling others what not to do. Even though he did over react.

I'm confronting because you are selective in your memories of events.

Maybe you should watch the replay. I'm confused, you're talking like you don't understand that we were in the same race? The one you are refering too. I stayed in chat after and read how you told him a piece or two.

Then I watched the replay of our race and found out just how you drive. Not only one me but others as well. Still in that same race. You should not do yourself what you dislike in others.

You did not get a penalty for it unfortunately. That was given to the guy who put me wide in the first place. You, turning me around in the same corner, did not.

But I don't want you to serve penalties, just give the position back... just wait. Is all.

Thank you for the apology. We're good. But please take a look at yourself before telling others what not to do. Even though he did over react.
I am selective because it take a lot of brainpower to type lol. Also three cup races in one day is mind draining on me concetration.

I would have spoken my mind psot race as he won dirty lol. Is that hard to comprhend Seth?

[Not only one me but others as well. Still in that same race. You should not do yourself what you dislike in others. But I don't want you to serve penalties, just give the position back... just wait. Is all.]

Ok thanks but that is quite rich, what about the racer who won the race, he didnt give up zero positons after pitting me, just carried on to win the race, did you see the video I posted? So explain to me how I feel now at that guy just casually not giving two craps about winning dirty. He could have slowed down and given up the placements but he did not.

If the other guy started to spin you, maybe it was too late for me to react in that instance? if it was given to the guy that hit you first, then he got the penalty thats how the game judged it unfortunatly. I would have to watch the replay again and apologise again if it was all me...or not.

I will Leave it at that.

Last edited:
Realised I’ll be busy all Saturday so needed to get my last Lexus race in tonight.

Result irrelevant, somewhere in the back end of the top 10, but I actually had a good experience and wanted to highlight it after all the filth witnessed today.

After a very early pit myself I encountered some cars who were exiting the pits. The red Ferrari and I had similar pace and the next few laps were some of the most fun I’ve had in Sport mode for a long long time. Just two people wanting to race clean, willing to go side-by-side but not resorting to divebombing, push passing, pitting, brake checking or any of the other standard GT7 moves.

IMG_4353.jpeg

No surprise to me that the other driver was a fellow Brit.

Going to take a long break from the game now, end on a good note.

A total disaster of a first race for me. I'm the 11 door in the 7pm EST slot and that's whatever at this point. Terrible qualifying session as a Porshe driver thinks it's a good idea to race SIDE BY SIDE on the second flying lap with me, ruining everything. I start P13 and on the opening lap, I get destroyed by a driver entering the bus stop and that's race over. I do crawl back to P13 and decide to go again in the next slot where I'll detail that in my next post. The first lap was also a mess in general with cars everywhere so I probably would have had a decent finish.

NA GT1 first slot, Q'd 6th

Got rammed a couple of times including once on the first lap after the pit window that left me with rear aero damage that ended up shuffling me backward to 9th-10th. Mid-pack folks were definitely not making much of an effort to maintain a productive bump-draft train. I think one of the issues in lower lobbies is not just the dirty driving, but sometimes also the lack of race-craft. Can't win the whole race in one lap, need to have a strategy.

Anyway...managed a lap last draft + push from behind to snag 8th at the finish. Definitely could/should have done better in this one if it wasn't for the ramming and damage.

Oh well, one and done and I'm headed out for dinner w/ my peeps.

Last edited:
Holy Mackinaw, FINALLY a great race!!

NA GT1 Slot 1 - Low A Split, 162 pts up for grabs.

I entered door 13, put in a so-so Q7 that I anticipated. I'll be honest in that I wasn't expecting much out of my Alfa 4C today, but something about that Final Gear in it turns it into a defensive weapon around this track! Was able to keep the nose clean all the way through, pitting in to top up and get new boots on Lap 7.

From then on it was defense turned up to 10, the Porsches surrounding me could stay close, but had no chance to pull out and pass against my 6th gear. While battling with what was P4 behind me, it seemed that P2 a few seconds ahead caught damage somewhere. We both reeled them in with 3 Laps to go, and I just stayed the course to bring home P2 and a season best 155 Pts!

Onward to the (hopefully wet) finale at Fuji!

The Renault Saga #Series Finale

Gave little time to practice this round as I knew the Renault wouldn't be great around here. But I guess there was more to it.

FP:1.45.3

GT1 Slot 1 217 pts door #1
Q13 1.46.8

Race starts peacefully and I gain one position going into the infield.
Coming out of it, is race over for me as I get pit maneuvered from behind and into the wall I go. Front and wheel damage , lap 1 p16.
Use this as a practice to assess any possible strategy and improve my pace. P13 in the end as 3 people quit.

Slot 2 216 pts door #1
Q10 1.46.1

Lose a position at the start to a Aston behind before T1. Field starts to spread and I find myself p10 at lap 5. Spin at the penultimate infield turn and I'm dead last. I try to go longer to pick early pitters draft but I don t have the pace. Daytona just punishes you too hard. You miss a couple of tenths in the infield and lose draft and you fall like a rock. I really dislike this aspect of the track.
Finish dead last as I collect multiple mistakes either at the bus stop or the the penultimate turn of the infield.

Funny thing is , in both races my FP time would be enough for top3 , however that is my issue with Daytona. I can be fast over a lap but to keep it consistent for a whole race ... I don't know if its the long straights that just make me lose my focus or what but I don't recall ever having a good race here.

Final round for me as unfortunately I can't take the Fuji round , a track I like very much and I think could greatly improve my season score.

13/42 Renault drivers in EU
611th EU driver with 503 pts

Screenshot_2024-05-23-01-04-02-098-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

These should drop a bit

Well @Moose78 this was quite an experience to pick a somewhat non meta car, however I don't think I'll be doing it again as I don't have the pace to beat the meta at the level where I'm at , so for upcoming seasons I'll be into the most popular brands.

Also I discovered what makes my FP and best quali times so different. I disabled the ghost in FP and all of sudden I was missing 8 tenths of my pace. Gotta get used to be fast on my own I guess.

This was also a reality check as I was door #1 in both races (Dr A@80%) but didn't even had close pace to these front dudes. I boosted my DR in gr4 and super formula mostly , but I really have to improve on gr3.

Anyways sorry for the long rant and hope everyone has good points in the final round.

Farewell my fella.
IMG_20240523_012621.jpg

This driver tried to dive bomb at turn 1 way pass the yellow lines is where the invisible wall is. I wasn't up to speed because of serving a bs 2 sec penalty but I was already at the braking zone thought I gave him enough space because I figured he was coming in too fast and would over shoot the turn but he ended up going in deep. Bounces off the invisible wall into me and I get the penalty. Subaru driver then sideswipe me into the wall for thinking it was my fault. I really don't know about this game anymore.

Well... decided to give this race ago, after an absence of doing any racing in GT7, and I must admit I enjoyed it way more than expected. The break away from it all helped.

EMEA GT1, Slot 2;
Loaded into a 220pt lobby, with a few interesting choices of cars by some given the circumstances. An RCZ and Mustang, given the Peugeot VGT and Ford GT LM have been strong around Daytona.

Qualifying was ok, both laps ok with my best of a 46.5 putting me 13th. Was 0.4s up on my last lap, before losing it at the Bus Stop. But to be honest, I preferred starting near the back anyway.

20829431710740908.jpg

Race started smoothly, a theme of what would be a really clean race on the whole. Initially lost a place into T1, but settled into a rhythm and crucially stayed within draft of those ahead. Made 2 places from penalties, and by lap 5, 12th to 8th were within a couple of seconds as we all slipstreamed into T1. Those ahead started to fall over each other, and I somehow managed to pick the safest path through to find myself P8 in a matter of 2 corners.

Strategy wise, I went 10M/10M electing not to change tyres. As to be honest, my plucky Beetle was looking after both tyres and fuel quite well. The recent break in BoP it received has noticeably helped it across the board, as it's not as slow down the straights either.

After everyone pitted, I was 6th with a gap to those around, a position I'd hold until the end. Just holding off a hard charging Z4 behind for 166pts. Thankfully with no track limit pens to boot, a rare feat for me.

18fa1e373ff10-screenshotUrl.png
18fa1e3854650-screenshotUrl.png

Whether I do Fuji or not I don't know, but I at least wanted to try one race this season to remember why GTWS events, and racing in general can be fun and enjoyed, without the frustration :) .

Last edited:
GT1 slot 1 in the Americas - 161 points up for grabs. I was in door #14, driving for Dodge. I needed to finish P7 or better to improve my point total.

Having been at the bottom of my friends list all week, I wasn't expecting much from qualifying, but I managed to post a decent (for me) time of 1:46.395, which put me in Q4, behind a Ford GT LM, Corvette, and Porsche. There were a couple of 650Ss behind me.

gtws-mc-rd5-start.jpg

The race got off to a fine start. I survived turn one, with a nice cushion of space around me. And then I settled in for an entertaining lap 1 show.

Going into the first hairpin, the Porsche in P3 braked late and ran into the back of the Corvette, picking up some front aero damage along with P2, without giving it back. Going into the second hairpin, the Corvette, perhaps not so unintentionally, bumped into the back of Porsche, giving the Porsche rear aero damage, too -- but not P2 back to the Corvette. That would come later, when the Corvette pushed the Porsche into the wall on the way to the bus stop.

gtws-mc-rd5-fight.jpg

With all the damage, the Porsche was a sitting duck. I easily picked up P3 from them on the back end of the oval.

And then, nothing else happened. The cars ahead pulled away. The cars behind fell back. I turned another 19 laps without any hassles, pitting on lap 12 for fuel and tires. A boring race, perhaps, but I'll take that any day.

P3 for 147 points. Way better than I was expecting, and a nice boost to my point total and DR.

Next stop, Fuji.

Last edited:
My second attempt at this round went better, but still a bad result. I entered the 8pm GT2 Americas slot and hope for the best. Once again, my qualifying is not good as I get stuck behind a driver and I can't get by. I start P10 this time and I take myself out in the bus stop this time on lap 1. Yep, not my night tonight. I do finish P11 this time due to a driver messing up the bus stop and a driver running out of fuel so I'll take what I can get.

I really don't want to run Fuji as I think it stinks. But, I'll probably need to get some amount of points for a payout bump at the end of the season.

Man that race was fun but also crazy Intense… one thing I will take from this ManuCup my qualifying has been garbage. 🗑️ Took P10 during Qualifying had P3 in the bag and drop the lap at the bus stop… I was so upset my team of 5 was watching so it just sucks when I do dumb mistakes. The race was an absolute blast and very intense… Nobody worked together though so it made it tough to get away from anyone.

The Ferrari was a pleasure to drive in the infield I loved every-bit of it!! The oval part was a different story… I have no speed… that’s all I kept telling my guys back in the pits… I was getting caught or gapped.. what a terrible feeling. I Finished P6(210 points) and could have had P5, but he start weaving and I didn’t want to get hit and finish worst than 6th.

Last edited:
Oh what should've been but I can't get mad at myself for trying.

After bettering my TT to a 44.7 I ended up Q6 with a 45.2 (yea, I know the cars are weighted a bit different) so I can't be super upset with that. I was on pace to tie that on the second as I approached the bus stop, so it was full send cuz why not? Didn't work.

Get away pretty well and it only took a couple laps to find my click. Nice thing was, all three of the other drivers I've had good races with before which is comforting. It was really intense as basically the whole race it was the four of us all bunched up: P4-P7. A couple passes, some bump drafting, but for the most part we were a pack. Lap 11, led by the Peugeot VGT we all pitted: Peugeot, Aston, me, Porsche. Came out Aston, me, Porsche, Peugeot (he needed way more gas).

Eventually I'd get a move done on the Aston so now I am 'leading' the pack in P4. We keep lapping and I am able to keep the gap to the Aston. Eventually the Aston and Porsche fight a little so the gap opens up to ~1.5s as I am reeling in P3. As we cross the line for lap 20 I have a run and am in front, but as we go into T1 his front right fender touches my left rear and I go a little wide into T1. It wasn't malicious, just one of those things. Well, now I am back within striking distance of the Aston and since I went all four off the run off area I have dirty tires. Go a little deep into Horseshoe cuz the car don't want to stop or turn and the Aston gets by.

Now under pressure by the other Porsche and VGT we come out of the infield and the VGT has a run. THat thing is wicked fast so by the time we made it to the bus stop he was passed with the other Porsche right behind. Of the three of us I took the bus stop the best but there was nothing I could do about the VGT's top end. Despite gaining on him through the oval, he defended that inside line and my car died when it hit the wall of air as I tried to go around his right side.

Came home P6 for 254 points. In hindsight I should've bumped drafted the Porsche in P3 and tried again on the last lap. I just had such a run I decided to go for it. From a for sure P4 to a potential podium to P6 in one lap is hard to get excited about, but so it is.

4186ac724c89393a804989541fe97cfd_photo.webp

ae07b25704c349b0ccb965222f1d1985_photo.webp

Never mind the missing paint on the front of the car... it's from bump-drafting... I swear! Kinda annoyed because I forgot to look at my overall time and P1 points (330ish?), but we were having a pretty big thunderstorm and I wanted to turn off the PS5 just in case we lost power. Speaking of storms, onward to Fuji; I hope it rains the whole time!

Last edited:
I had the Corvette up to only the high-1:48s in practice, so my expectations weren't high for the 9 pm CDT GT3 slot I had. My #3 car needed to finish 7th to improve upon my low-counting finish of 14 points, while 20 was up for the win.

Somebody left the pits on intermediates and stuck with them on their flying qualifying lap. Somebody else dropped out during qualifying to leave me with the 15th starting position (the only car to not take a time and start), with pole at 1:48.6 from a McLaren.

It was a boring race, with another pair of dropouts. I was the last of the late-pitters, coming in for fuel on lap 12. That got me back out 7th, and nervous me let 2 cars by. One of them got a penalty on the last lap, while I couldn't quite get by the other, which gave me a clean 8th and 14 points for the third time.

18fa34ddd2992-screenshotUrl~3.jpg
18fa335557f64-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Slot 1 was a good, but forgettable race. Had a fun battle with Grove, but that was it.
Decided to do slot 2 because this will probably be the last combo this season I really enjoyed (even though I'm not particularly fasat around Daytona, I kinda like it. Well, I like it a lot more than Fuji at least).

Slot 2 was an epic race. I qualified somewhere in the back, but managed to finish P7 for 263 points and successfully defending my position against a Ferrarri. As we crosse the line, I was ahead by 0.021s. That felt nice.

Beating Ferraris is ALWAYS nice, even if its for P7.

GT1 NA slot 1.
Qualified q10 as door 14 in the lobby. Race was going okay and holding my own by gaining a few places just after the pit. Up to p8 and on about lap 17 I spin coming out of t2 and the 911 that I had been swapping places with hits me and was taken out. I waited forever until he got going and then bump drafted him around for the final few laps making sure he finished in front of me. I was shocked to see that I only list 500 DR for p14 only ahead of quitters.

Still A+ with 50500 I went for slot 2.

Much faster lobby but same points available and me sporting door 16 😅

Qualified .1 slower than my first race but only good enough for q15. Q1-Q9 were all in the 1:45s.

Took some free places on lap 4 when 4 cars tangled into a big mess on t2 and kept trying to find the next car that might work together to make some time. Ran out of help around lap 16 and just kept my head down and maintained the gap behind me to finish p9. I definitely don’t have pace for these rankings and it shows.
Figured I’d be dropping back to an A after this performance but I haven’t served my full sentence yet because I was given equal status and still at 50500 with a p9 finish 🤣
Great racing and all but just not able to finish in the top half of the grid in the gtsw series so it will correct itself in time 🍻

IMG_7039.jpeg
IMG_7034.jpegIMG_7038.jpegIMG_7036.jpeg

Back