Gran Turismo World Series "Bonus Campaign" Gives In-Game Credits for Esports Predictions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 79 comments
Well i think nobody knows who is a favorite this year. Who was dedicated the most at the time. You could maybe put there wins up to now in relation to their age (still young, dedicated and with good reactions). But i dont think it would help a lot.

Looking at the track, BMW and Genesis could be in with a shout, if the last Nations Cup race was anything to go by, but that's just the car advantage, the driver could be difference as well

i think Gallo being an option, despite him most recently saying he wasn't playing the game anymore, is perfect.

i can't think of a better way to illustrate how up-to-date the developers are with their players.

Put my "Money" on Miyazono/Subaru for Manufacturers, and my man Fraga for Nations. Hoping Fraga can step back up to the top.

This seems perilously close to sports betting, especially since in-game credits have a direct conversion to real monetary value, and sports betting is very illegal in many places in the US. There are ongoing legal issues in the US concerning this. I imagine PD wants to get in before their entire random lootbox system and this blatant sports betting system get banned.

This seems perilously close to sports betting, especially since in-game credits have a direct conversion to real monetary value, and sports betting is very illegal in many places in the US. There are ongoing legal issues in the US concerning this. I imagine PD wants to get in before their entire random lootbox system and this blatant sports betting system get banned.
Yeah... no. Key difference: no ante.

It's just fantasy football. Pick your team - one Nations, one Manufacturer - and if your team is the best you get prizes.

Well I picked a different Driver and Manufacturer on all four accounts and probably still won't win. :lol:

Good Luck everyone. :gtpflag:

:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
If you can't lose anything, it's nowhere near close to sports betting.

In GT Sport you got Cr. if a player in your country won the regional finals. You get to pick now.

I prefer the old system. Because the Bank of Brooks paid out on a regular basis. But that probably wasn't great for Americans.

The term you are looking is daily fantasy sports, itself mostly legal within US/Canada after Murphy v. NCAA was struck down. (Also in-game credits cannot be cashed out.)
In GT Sport you got Cr. if a player in your country won the regional finals. You get to pick now.

I prefer the old system. Because the Bank of Brooks paid out on a regular basis. But that probably wasn't great for Americans.
That seems to be a problem in the Asian region because the money almost always go to the Japanese players.

Last edited:
Yes, they have. Which was a mild concern to me when I was writing it...
I will refrain from posting the rumored winner(s), because I can't confirm the info is accurate.
My source is pretty damn solid, though.

Hold on, they've seriously done them already? I thought the broadcast was a live event lol. That takes some hype out.

Last edited:
Hold on, they've seriously done them already? I thought the broadcast was a live event lol. That takes some hype out.
The online events are never live broadcast. The live events are though.

Back