Grand Prix de Monaco 2017Formula 1 

Valencia was terrible, but it did at least redeem itself with an awesome last race in 2012. 2008-11 were unmemorable, apart from Webber's backflip.

Just watching Ted's Notebook, he apologised for the lack of organisation at Monaco over the weekend, earlier there was supposed to be a minutes silence before the national anthem for the Manchester bombing victims but it never really happen as people weren't told, so some people observed it but others didn't, plus the anthem came on late, this comes after the shambles that was the post qualifying interviews yesterday with the faulty microphone, and the whole podium ceremony was a bit of mess today as well.

Go-karts is the answer. Make Monaco a one-off 'back to roots' event for the F1 calendar.

Have McLaren design a frame/chassis (at the expense of the FIA). Add a bit of suspension for those bumps and some kind of power boost for Sainte Devote/Beau Rivage (uphill section). Weight out the karts so all drivers are equal. Beef up the barriers, run half the laps and make it that the points scored attributes to the overall F1 standings.

The result? Proper wheel to wheel racing on what's arguably F1's most iconic track. The teams themselves won't have to do much apart from set up the karts and change tyres, so a fairly relaxed and fun weekend for them.

I don't remember what year it was — perhaps it was that one — but the race literally put me sleep. I don't remember a single moment from any of the events held at that circuit.
For what it's worth, the 2012 race was easily the most enjoyable for Valencia. So if you fell asleep during that one it says a lot about the racing for the rest of the years :lol:
There's hardly anywhere to overtake, and any lead up to doing so is immediately neutralized for fear of cooking the brakes going into the corner. Perhaps I am in a minority but I like Monaco especially because it's different than everything else on the calendar and wouldn't be on the calendar period if it weren't already established.
Oh yes, the track itself of Monaco is awesome both to watch and to drive virtually. I guess I just feel sometimes it gets a 'free pass' when people talk about uninteresting races, simply because it's so established and one of the few GP's that are essentially fixed into the calendar. It's probably an important event to have, but from a racing for 78 laps perspective, I'm not very fond of it.

I couldn't care less about the glitz nor the glamour and the same holds true for every venue. I yell at my TV every single time something other than what's happening on the track is being shown. :P
I seem to remember last year, pretty sure it was the USGP, where either Serena or Venus Williams were at the track during the race and the live feed was cutting to them for no reason at random points of the race. I get they're celebs and everything but come on, we're here to watch cars go round! :P

Go-karts is the answer. Make Monaco a one-off 'back to roots' event for the F1 calendar.

Have McLaren design a frame/chassis (at the expense of the FIA). Add a bit of suspension for those bumps and some kind of power boost for Sainte Devote/Beau Rivage (uphill section). Weight out the karts so all drivers are equal. Beef up the barriers, run half the laps and make it that the points scored attributes to the overall F1 standings.

The result? Proper wheel to wheel racing on what's arguably F1's most iconic track. The teams themselves won't have to do much apart from set up the karts and change tyres, so a fairly relaxed and fun weekend for them.

That is one of the greatest ideas I have ever read!! Put them on shifter karts for the matter.

But lots of speculation about team orders that didnt happen.:boggled:

The truth is that you don't know that. You think it didn't, some think it did. The only way you could know is to be in the Ferrari prat-perch wearing a headset.

Personally I think that Ferrari would have engineered it without shame but ultimately they didn't need to, Raikkonnen simply wasn't putting the required times in.

You just need to look at the gap Kimi had over Seb at the pitstops, and then the gaps Seb had before the first safety car, and then the flag. Kimi was slower, and is proving himself to be not worth another season yet again.

You just need to look at the gap Kimi had over Seb at the pitstops, and then the gaps Seb had before the first safety car, and then the flag. Kimi was slower, and is proving himself to be not worth another season yet again.

Agreed, I think they would've have tried the switch eventually but Seb gave himself the lead.

The FIA did have to penalise him for the incident. So what if it does mean nothing, the FIA do have to be consistent.
When Button retired, he certainly didn't plan on coming back - but the Alonso decided to do Indy, and Button got the call-up. What's to say that can't or won't happen again? Alonso has already said that he wants to have another crack at Indy.

When Button retired, he certainly didn't plan on coming back - but the Alonso decided to do Indy, and Button got the call-up. What's to say that can't or won't happen again? Alonso has already said that he wants to have another crack at Indy.

In addition who's to say that Vandoorne or Alonso might not be incapacitated through accident/illness?

The truth is that you don't know that. You think it didn't, some think it did. The only way you could know is to be in the Ferrari prat-perch wearing a headset.

Personally I think that Ferrari would have engineered it without shame but ultimately they didn't need to, Raikkonnen simply wasn't putting the required times in.
No, but my BS detector works just fine and it stinks of #skyfakenews to me.

Just my two cents but the fair thing for Kimi was to have Vettel pit the lap after him. Instead, Vettel stayed out five more laps on a day when it was better to extend that first stint as long as possible. Drivers like Ricciardo and Hamilton gained positions that way.

For me, I get the impression that Ferrari simply went with the wrong strategy for Kimi. More of a mistake than intentional but either way, I can't really blame Kimi for being upset.

I'm just upset there weren't more shots of Hamilton fighting his way through the field. Did he overtake anyone or did they just pit in front of him?

Back