Grand Theft Auto 3: Record Book

• Thread starter Blake
  • 388 comments
Nice job 👍 Are our routes much different? Also just curious which car you're using (same goes for everyone)? A guy over at cyberscore.net has a 130 with the Infernus.

Good luck with the sub 130, guys :)

i was using Infernus. And my run was basically the same as yours, though i didnt hit as many cars and tryed to carry better lines and such for some corners. Outside apex, outside etc.

Time of Death
What will it take to bother you guys? Somebody has to get under 130 :)

Here's a video of Turismo in 131 seconds. There are surely some shortcuts that I'm missing and I lost some speed after sliding over a bloody corpse :lol:, so I'm going to keep playing and see what happens.

WOW:crazy: awsome

nice one 👍

i really enjoyed watching it:)

Small_Fryz
i was using Infernus. And my run was basically the same as yours, though i didnt hit as many cars and tryed to carry better lines and such for some corners. Outside apex, outside etc.
Have to be lucky to get a run without a head-on colision if you’re taking full racing lines! :crazy:

Well I got a 1:30 again.. with a spin :indiff:

I had a great run but missed a checkpoint just 👎, i continued the run as i was near the end and i got a 123 :indiff:

Just a matter of time...

Damn, that's fast! Keep it up, man 👍
Any chance of seeing a video? Not for proof purposes but just for seeing such a great run.
I managed to bring my Bomb Defusal time down to 89 with a different technique while driving to the Infernus. That tunnel traffic sure is hell sometimes.
Glad you liked the video appie.

Best time in Turismo - 125 - Small_Fryz

Video will be edited in soon.

BTW i made a few mistakes which cost me probably about 3 - 4 seconds. I think a 121 may even be possible :crazy:

i have to drive with the radio off otherwise the game wont even load buildings and roadk :lol:.

I guess i drive too fast for the game to load traffic :cool:

:lol: or maybe my disc is on its way out..

You sure didn't slide around much-- was that car "special"??

I know there is a perfect handling car (cheetah) available early in the game...

You know take the cheetah parked out side in "chauffeur" or what ever(the mission were you take Maria to a party in Atlantic quays) take that cheetah and stash it in your garage then finish that mission, after that then do El burro's "turismo" mission get your cheetah off your garage and go to the start grid the cheetah has perfect handling and speed and increases your chances of winning the race if you can drive well.

Not that it shouldn't be allowed to be used.. just curious...

Nice run--- I don't know how much can be shaved off that...

It didnt slide because i was driving good :lol: nothing special about that car at all. Trust me, the stupid ****er slides, i can put together some outakes for you? :lol:

I will try for a low 12x tommorow.

Yep, nice vid 👍 Did a good job at keeping your speed up while keeping a tight racing line.

Here's a vid for Rigged to Blow: 89 seconds
I think I need to work on my Infernus handling in Portland, so I'll keep working on it before I officially submit. Surely someone will improve on this time soon anyway :)

Nice video. As you said, though, there’s a lot of time to be gained in Portland. Nice run through the tunnel, though. 👍

Yeah Blake, I was lucky with the tunnel traffic. Thankfully there weren't two cars blocking both lanes at one time 👍
You know, I just realized that it's probably faster to take the second street on the left when you get into Portland and just drive all the way up the hill. Would you guys agree? The only reason I've been taking the first street on the left was because I thought it was the only turn-off before that street just past Amunation. :dunce:

Rigged to Blow is the first phone mission in Shoreside Vale, and once you've finished all of the phone missions in that city then you can play Rigged over and over just like Turismo and Bling Bling Scramble. I can't remember exactly, but I think the phone missions in Shoreside Vale might become available after doing the Grand Theft Aero mission for Donald in Staunton Island? Anyway, once those phone missions are available make sure to check the Witchita Gardens area for those gangsters with the purple jackets. If there are aren't any of those guys around, and you save after completing Rigged to Blow, then I don't think it's possible to play that mission again because you'll be stuck on the Uzi Money mission. Or am I wrong?

Sounds good, once i get my GTA 3 disk cleaned at my local shop i will get 3 saves. One for turismo, one for bling blang scramble and 1 for Rigged to blow 👍

Time of Death
If there are aren't any of those guys around, and you save after completing Rigged to Blow, then I don't think it's possible to play that mission again because you'll be stuck on the Uzi Money mission. Or am I wrong?
Correct... thats the purple nines glitch...

A way to prevent this glitch is to do the following when starting a new game...

Remove your memory card, power down your PS2, and restart it... let it start a new game, when you go to save, insert your memory card back in and then save it....

What causes it... if you have a save loaded that either has the glitch or in which you already completed the purple nines mission (where you kill them all)-- the game removes them from the game (they won't spawn anymore)-- now when you start a new game from pause menu, without dumping this from memory, the new game will restart but the part of them not spawning is not reset to make them spawn... the result is they will never spawn in your new game.

There is a similar glitch in SA.. regarding girlfriend rewards... they will carry over to a new game if you start it from the pause menu from a save in which you completed the girlfriends... very good glitch in this case as you can die or get busted and keep your weapons if you dated katie and barbara previously.

Turismo - 121 - Small_Fryz

Done with the Infernus, still made a slight mistake after easy credit autos :indiff:

Video

I recorded the video with my digitial camera (max 60seconds in a row) then i put them together to benice and smooth. I then used my dads laptop to record the sound then matched the sound and video!, took me aaaaggggeeess!!!

So if you like the vid please give us some rep and comments 👍

Nice vids guys. :) 👍 :drool:

I still have yet to get my videos online(its happening soon, i swear), but you guys should be pleased with my Patriot Playground 121 seconds vid. Its pretty good imo, i could see 119 at best, but that would be crashing into the water, and thus dieing. (which i didn't want a death on my stats) I prolly will try and see if radix will host them at sda, if he won't, expect it through aim at least.💡

get yours hosted at filefront 👍

Ive use about 25gb of b/w so far and its been totally free.

Filefront accepts any game videos 👍

Small_Fryz
Turismo - 121 - Small_Fryz

Done with the Infernus, still made a slight mistake after easy credit autos :indiff:

Video

I recorded the video with my digitial camera (max 60seconds in a row) then i put them together to benice and smooth. I then used my dads laptop to record the sound then matched the sound and video!, took me aaaaggggeeess!!!

So if you like the vid please give us some rep and comments 👍

that sound is off about 8 milliseconds from the vid-- redo it please ;)

How long til you revisit the VC street races???

Spuds725
that sound is off about 8 milliseconds from the vid-- redo it please ;)

How long til you revisit the VC street races???

:mad:

:lol:

As for the VC street races, well like i said a while ago, i need to get myself a Super angel as the the hotring racer just doesnt cut it :(.

But i would like to have a crack at the 2 remaining street races in GTA3 1st. Maybe even patriot playground and the other one with the landstalker.

today i will put GTA3 in the CD tray and do some Stauton island stuff so i can get to bling blang scramble 👍

I would ultimatly like a sub 120 in Turismo, but i dont think i will try it again until someone beats it or ive already done a good job in Bling Blang and Bomb defusal.

Plus i dont think i can beat KM's VC times, they are very fast :drool:, but then again i havnt tried super angel.....

Yeah, do gripped, i never bothered finding a good strat for that. 198 is the best at cyberscore.

I forgot about my Multistory Mayhem 65seconds, its pretty good too. :)

Ride in the Park is fairly gay, bobcat sucks. Someone at cyberscore claims 54 seconds on that.

I just relized we both have 121 seconds on those nearly maxed levels.:cheers: :)

If you want to get 15 on bling blang scramble, use the tank.:cool:

Nice job there Small_Fryz 👍 Nice vid.
You've created quite the lead.

Looking forward to seeing the videos bcks :)
I was never any good at those car missions like gripped and ride in the park, etc.

If you guys need a place to host your videos then I wouldn't mind giving you FTP access to my webspace to upload to. Feel free to let me know if you're interested.

Great videos, guys. Great to watch. Keep 'em coming!

And Dion, we would love to see some of the outtakes from Turismo if you still have some. :D

Updated—I only added Small_fryz Turismo record. If there were others I couldn’t see them, or they weren’t officially submitted.

Latest Posts

Back