Grand Theft Auto: Sin City

What game would look cool if fused with Grand Theft Auto?

• Grand Turismo

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Hitman

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Mortal Kombat

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • The Simpson's

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Rockstar Games announces Grand Theft Auto: Sin City
4/1/2003 5:45:32 PM | Posted by AgentDark006

Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., proudly announces Grand Theft Auto: Sin City, the follow-up to the global blockbuster title Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Grand Theft Auto: Sin City is the latest installment in the gaming franchise that has exceeded 30 million units in total sales to-date. It will be available exclusively for PlayStation2 and is expected to hit retail shelves in the United States on October 21st.

Grand Theft Auto: Sin City will surpass the unprecedented gameplay, cinematic graphics and immersive audio experience that gamers associate with Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, which was released in October 2002 and has rapidly become the fastest selling, highest grossing game for PlayStation2 computer entertainment system to-date, with global sales exceeding 6 million units. Rockstar Games will release additional information about the game’s content at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles this may, however today Rockstar is announcing that this game melds the pitch-perfect gameplay of the Grand Theft Auto franchise with world-renowed artist Frank Miller's Sin City universe.

Sam Houser, the executive producer of the Grand Theft Auto franchise and president of Rockstar Games, commented, "With Grand Theft Auto 3 and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, we really raised the bar on what people have come to expect from a PlayStation2 title. With source material as rich and fleshed out as Frank Miller's comic series Sin City, we know we're on track to raise that bar all over again."

Les Benzies, the producer of Grand Theft Auto games, noted, "Fans will be absolutely blown away by Grand Theft Auto: Sin City. With Vice City, Rockstar created a living, breathing city of the 80s. With Sin City, it's a whole different ball game."

Sin City creator Frank Miller remarked, "I've been a fan of Rockstar since the first Grand Theft Auto game. It was clear to me that they have the right attitude, and with Grand Theft Auto 3 they created a modern crime masterpiece. I felt honored when they approached me to collaborate on Grand Theft Auto: Sin City, and I am positive that fans of comics and games alike will agree that this is a match made in heaven."

Kelly Sumner, Take-Two Interactive Software’s Chief Executive Officer added, "The Booze, Broads and Bullets' atmosphere of Sin City was an absolute perfect match for the Grand Theft Auto franchise. Fans of the series will be thrilled when they encounter Marv, Hartigan, and the lovely Nancy Callahan, all lovingly rendered in stunning 3D. And of course, Lazlow will be on the radio, having shipped over from Liberty City."

There has been some confusion if the name will include “Sin city” or take place in San Andreas, it’s most likely to take place in the glimmering streets of Heartbreak City. Some argument over what time period it will take place as rumbled over gamers as well; as everyone is guessing, the 70’s (perhaps early 70’s) will probably be the new period of time, complete with afros, bellbottoms, twangy guitars and shaft. Let’s just hope John Travolta a la “Saturday Night Fever” is one of the bad guys we have to take out.
It was only .003 seconds after “Vice City” hit the shelves when someone first asked “when will be the next one?” In the past, games always loved to toss out a few screenshots and teasers to build suspense and anticipation, but time has shown a distinct trend; as anticipation goes up, so does expectations. The previous two titles, GTA3 and GTAVC sold very well, and the producers are doing nothing to spoil that trend. This is why Half-Life 2 was in production since 1998 but wasn’t revealed until a short while ago. Thusly, almost no information is revealed about this game except what we got from our undercover spy vans. GTA4 (and yes it is four, Vice City was a side story not following the previous storyline) finds the roots of the original games, such as how the mobsters in GTA2 and 3 came to be so big. However, your character is still unknown as of the moment, but one thing can be betted on for sure; some even bigger names could be in the works here. I’m not saying Joe Peshi could be doing the voice over for “Stabby McStab”, but the chain of events could yield some big brass names from some famous Mafioso movies. However, I think we would all be content as long as the voices are believable and well done.

Now that we can assume that it is set in Las Vegas (don’t blame me if the designers do a last minute change and set the game in Ohio), the fans from the series will find that interactivity will boom during this new title. We saw a few cheep additions in Vice City that included select buildings and stores, but it was nothing like the “60% of the buildings” that we were promised. In this title the city will feature the ability to enter even normal looking buildings and perhaps even feature more interactivity. However, I don’t believe that the same ol’ renderware can be used especially for the effects needed. This means an engine is needed for even more pedestrians, enough cars that simulate real traffic and graphics that deliver realistic damage without sacrificing speed. The new engine’s name will be called TROGDOR! Well, no, that’s just something I watched on homestarrunner.com. But the engine will be better than anything you ever seen!

No story details for now, but you can bet the disco bar that because Vice City entered into the world of drugs (without the use of “Spank”) that you will be pretty much up to your gold medallions in trouble. There is also talk about having one “permanent” weapon on you other than your fists of fury, like a pocketknife or your very own SCUD missile launcher that fits into your pocket protector. Also, there is speak of having lockers in which you can store weapons and ammo once you buy the weapon, instead of losing it every time you get wasted or busted. It’s about time!

Multiplayer! Yes, there will be multiplayer. You can put every robbed dollar on it. Because this game will be out in time for the Internet connections or the broadband connections, you can play a kid from Canada in cops and robbers. It looks like one day we can achieve unanimous peace by all participating in high speed chases with pixilated police that shot WAV. files at us. You can also play with a friend in a number of games, such as “Who got the cheese?” In which one of you steals the cheese supply at Fort Baxter 2. Anyway, I guess us brainless fools will just keep buying up GTAs just for the same things: great story, awesome gameplay, above par graphics and evolving interactivity. As long as its coming out i dont care if its in ethioia i just wanna play the sequal!!!

Originally posted by AgentDark006
im getting these from online there rumers its not my fault i copy and paste :rolleyes:

I'm not accusing you. The source is telling us bull****. It's NOT your fault. :P ;)

yeah i guess your right the dates do sound a little crazy right? well ne way does ne one now the actuall realease date i thought it was november 15, 2003???

Originally posted by AgentDark006
im getting these from online there rumers its not my fault i copy and paste :rolleyes:

How is it not your fault that these are ending up on this board-- you are pasting them.

Originally posted by vat_man
Let me make this clear:

THE ROCKSTAR ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT GTA SIN CITY WAS AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE

Ok? Why would Rockstar lie? I don't get it. There will be another GTA? right?

Yes, there will. I imagine the wonderful forces of profit and commerce alone will ensure that.

It wasn't really a lie - it was a prank. Goes right along with the humour of the games, when you think about it.

Originally posted by F1man
Ok? Why would Rockstar lie? I don't get it. There will be another GTA? right?

Rockstar Didnt Lie, it was an April Fools Joke, which means that it wasnt an announcment/press relese made by Rockstar. :rolleyes:
and yes there will be another gta, only no real info is out othere than there is another gta

why sin city why not san antonio or chicago or somewhere else and it wouldnt be out in 2013 it ill be out late 2003 or early 2004

Originally posted by Acidman
There is no imformation released on the next GTA.

Pfft. The next GTA game is called "Grand Theft Auto 4 or 5 : Sin City/San Andreas" and is going to be set in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas simultaneously. It will be set both before and after all the other GTA games.

Everything you have heard about it is true.

KM.

Originally posted by KieranMurphy
Pfft. The next GTA game is called "Grand Theft Auto 4 or 5 : Sin City/San Andreas" and is going to be set in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas simultaneously. It will be set both before and after all the other GTA games.

KM.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard its gonna take place in the old west and be called Grand Theft Horse.

Originally posted by KieranMurphy

KM.

Oh sorry man, i forgot about all that :lol: :dunce:

Back