Grand Theft Auto V - Next Gen Thread

United States
Dallas, Texas
CBGAMING72
upload_2014-11-7_14-55-13.png

Photo Credit: BeAsTPkRIPPER

Good Information

Grand Theft Auto V is now available for an entire new generation of players on PlayStation 4. Players visiting Los Santos and Blaine County on PS4 will experience the all-new First Person Mode, support for up to 30-players in GTA Online, as well as a vast range of major visual and technical upgrades including new weapons, vehicles and activities, wildlife, denser traffic, enhanced damage and weather effects, a tremendous soundtrack update with over 100 additional new songs and much more.

In addition to the increased player count, Grand Theft Auto Online also includes all the existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since its launch on PS3. Existing players can transfer their GTA Online characters and progression to PlayStation 4, and also get access to exclusive new content in both GTAV and GTA Online.

13 New Details About New-Gen GTA V

By now, you'll almost certainly have read about Grand Theft Auto V's new first-person mode on new-gen consoles and PC. But it's not the only new detail that has emerged in the past 24 hours.

• On PS4, the light bar will flash red and blue when you're being chased by the cops.
  • Also on PS4, you can touch the touch pad to switch modes between first- and third-person. There will be a few options to control when the game's in first-person and when it switches back to third - you can have it so that shooting is in first-person but it snaps back to third-person when you're in cover, for instance.
  • The PC version is 4K compatible and PS4/Xbox One versions will run at 1080p/30fps. I mean, we knew that already, but now we know it's definitely true. It looks beautiful.
  • All the vehicles have had their interiors re-done to take advantage of first-person view. All the dials work!
  • Police radio and phone calls are now emitted by the Dual shock 4's speaker.
  • Swiping the touch panel now changes weapons and radio stations.
  • Los Santos is now filled with different animals; those monsters at CVG discovered that fluffy cats aren't bullet-proof :(
  • There are thousands of new first-person animations for reloading weapons, parachuting, and other activities.
  • The phone is now a 3D object, and selfie mode is even more creepily realistic than before.
  • You can create first-person-only missions in GTA Online. WHERE ARE THE HEISTS, THO
  • There's new pedestrian chatter to go with the 100s of new songs and radio shows.
  • Everybody loves the new rail gun.
  • You can see bullet-holes in your OWN BODY now

Comparison Pictures/ Video

Video of the Comparison

bbf808a72c173ee69bb33ec35a3fada5.jpg

1e0717f0f05c196d62926e95f0fcf3bb.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to see confirmation of 1080p on the One. After being thoroughly put off The Crew, this is the only game I'm getting for Christmas now. It's going to be great seeing the beauty of Los Santos and Blaine County in proper HD.

Not sure how reliable this is but thought I would post it.

Source:www.whatculture.com

How many times have you been stretching out a six star wanted level and just reaching the apex of enjoyment, only to get wasted as you attempt to drive away again? The older GTAs tret cars as total save havens, vehicles that regardless of damage done to them would be pretty hefty bullet shields should you be able to make that last ditch sprint to freedom. But all that changed when Rockstar started making breakable windows and the possibility of dying behind the wheel.

That’s why this tiny-yet-awesome inclusion is one of the best. Whenever you’re behind the wheel of any vehicle and under fire – or just fancy a lie down – simply hit the down direction on the on D-pad to hunker down under the wheel to make a slightly blind getaway.

Your best source of information is IGN and Rockstar. Don't trust websites that only post clickbait articles. Yes, the information is true that you can duck behind the steering wheel while driving. I hope that feature is only available in first person view. Kinda defeats the purpose if you can see where you're driving.

Your best source of information is IGN and Rockstar. Don't trust websites that only post clickbait articles. Yes, the information is true that you can duck behind the steering wheel while driving. I hope that feature is only available in first person view. Kinda defeats the purpose if you can see where you're driving.
I know this, but I checked the whole list and everything else matched whats in this thread.

What are the pre-order bonuses (If any)? I know that returning players have access to pretty much all of the stuff featured on that poster Rockstar put out a few weeks ago, but I want to know what I would miss out on if I didn't pre-order.

Is there any news about the updated radio stations yet? I'm considering getting a PS4 for Christmas.

What are the pre-order bonuses (If any)? I know that returning players have access to pretty much all of the stuff featured on that poster Rockstar put out a few weeks ago, but I want to know what I would miss out on if I didn't pre-order.
I think just a $1,000,000 combined from SP & MP.

I think just a $1,000,000 combined from SP & MP.

Ok. I don't need to pre-order, then.

It looks like you get a good bit of stuff if you played it on PS3/ X360.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com...clusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on

Interesting:

Rockstar Games
... Furthermore, if you missed out on your chance to buy a CE or SE the last time around, we will also make all of that content available for all players on PS4, Xbox One and PC to earn and acquire with in-game cash (original SE and CE owners will not have to spend any in-game cash to obtain them, they will automatically be accessible upon upgrade).

So I can finally get the Pistol .50, Khamelion, Carbon RS, and Hotknife?! Awesome!

I think I might need a fifth garage if there's more cool cars we can store online. O_O

Will the cars from the seasonal DLC's be available in PS4? I've always wanted the Albany Roosevelt but I can't get it because my PS3 was broken when it came out and it would be awesome if I could get it on PS4.

I'd love it but I don't know that it's worth shelling out a whole ton of money I just don't have laying around. Looks pretty though.

DK
Is there any news about the updated radio stations yet? I'm considering getting a PS4 for Christmas.

This is something I'm wanting to know too! I'm also wondering if the songs that were on the radio stations on PS3/X360 have been replaced or have new songs been added alongside these.

Will the cars from the seasonal DLC's be available in PS4? I've always wanted the Albany Roosevelt but I can't get it because my PS3 was broken when it came out and it would be awesome if I could get it on PS4.

I believe those updates are available at launch on PS4/Xbone/PC.

I'll try and find a source.

I'd love it but I don't know that it's worth shelling out a whole ton of money I just don't have laying around. Looks pretty though.

It was worth it for the exclusivity at the time - I think if it became freely available it would just lose all its rarity and become one of those cars you just buy for looks (which isn't a bad thing, I love the Bagger for a reason)

I was thinking about this last night when I was typing about the special edition cars and weapons. I was like, "I hope this means KingJosh can finally get a Roosevelt." :lol:

It must be more on the Xbox One? Mine went from 212gb to 156?!

It's been on since 3pm and is only 40% done, but after 11pm it should speed up.

VXR
It must be more on the Xbox One? Mine went from 212gb to 156?!

It's been on since 3pm and is only 40% done, but after 11pm it should speed up.
Weird, the store definitely says 42 GB. I'll check mine tomorrow, see how much it actually takes up.

They put Flash Gordon & Danger Zone on Los Santos Rock Radio (the whole station actually got a ton of classic hits). #Sold. :P
Well, I lost my day searching for songs in the radios when I got the game this Thursday, but here are the songs of some radios so far

Non Stop Pop
•Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
•Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy
•Duran Duran - Serious
•Estelle ft. Kanye West - American Boy
•Hall & Oates - I Can't Go For That
•Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off
•Michael Jackson - Money
•Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me (Single Mix)
•Sly Fox - Let's Go All the Way
•The Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway

Los Santos Rock Radio
•ABBA- Mamma Mia
•Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight
•Genesis - Land of Confusion
•Golden Earring - Radar Love
•Huey Lewis & The News - Hip To Be Square
•Joan Armatrading - Drop The Pilot
•Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
•Pat Benatar - Shadows of the Night
•Pink Floyd - Money
•Queen - Flash Gordon
•Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World

Channel X
•A.F.I - Totalimmortal
•Agent Orange - Bloodstains
•Alice In Chains - Social Parasite
•Dead Kennedys- California Uber Alles
•D.R.I. - I Don't Need Society
•Green Day - Welcome To Paradise
•NOFX - Linoleum
•Pennywise - **** Authority
•Red Kross - Linda Blair
•X - Los Angeles

Radio Los Santos
•A$AP Rocky feat. Drake, 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar - ****in' Problems
•Bo Kane feat. Gucci Mane - Break It Down
•Chuck Inglish feat. Ab-Soul & Mac Miller - Came Thru/Easily
•Danny Brown feat. Action Bronson - Bad News
•Freddie Gibbs - Show Us Everything *****
•French Montana feat. Rick Ross, Drake & Lil Wayne - Pop That
•Gangrene - Immortality
•Skeme - Millions
•Skeme - Oversick
•T.I. feat. Trae tha Truth - Check This, Dig That

West Coast Classics
•2Pac - So Many Tears
•DJ Pooh feat. Kam - Whoop Whoop
•Eazy-E - Real Muthaphukkin' G'z
•Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day
•N.W.A - **** tha Police
•N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton
•Snoop Dogg - Who Am I (Whats My Name)?
•South Central Cartel - Servin' 'Em Heat
•The Conscious Daughters - We Roll Deep
•Warren G feat. Nate Dogg - Regulate

The Lowdown
•Johnny "Guitar" Watson - Superman Lover
•Marvin Gaye - I Want You (Vocal)
•Silver Convention - Magic Mountain
•Smokey Robinson - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
•Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed
•The Delfonics - Funny Feeling
•The Dramatics - Whatcha See is Whatcha Get
•The Meters - Cissy Strut
•The Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can Can
•War - Slippin' Into Darkness

Space
•Carl Carlton - She's a Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked)
•Con Funk Shun - Ffun
•George Duke - Reach For It
•Kleer - Intimate Connection
•Ohio Players - Fopp
•Parliament - Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof off the Sucker)
•Teena Marie - Lovergirl
•The Fatback Band - Gotta Get My Hands On Some (Money)
•The Kay-Gees - Master Plan •Zapp - Be Alright (LP Version)

Rebel Radio
•Charley Pride - Crystal Chandeliers
•Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
•Don Gibson - Blue Blue Day
•Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
•Johnny Paycheck - She's All I Got
•Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
•Loretta Lynn - Coal Miner's Daughter
•Ronnie Milsap - Pure Love
•The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
•The Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira

Vinewood Boulevard Radio
•Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry
•DIIV - Doused
•Hanni El Khatib - Head In the Dirt
•Nobunny - Gone For Good
•No Age - Eraser
•Psychic Ills - I Get By
•Sweethead - The Great Disruptors
•Tame Impala - Solitude Is Bliss
•The Soft Pack - Answer to Yourself
•Wavves - King Of The Beach

According to some watching leaked live streams, the traffic density is still the same; some are happy feeling it was fine to begin with, some are mad Rockstar "lied". However, there is reportedly more variety which was always the main culprit.

Mamma mia. :lol:

Non-stop Pop is looking like an increasingly bizarre mix though. Relatively new stuff alongside some of the cheesiest 80's there is. A lot of these songs seem to be the ones that were supposedly cut too.

Latest Posts

Back