GranStand Sim Racing Cockpit Review

My only issue with this cockpit is storage and the gear shift mount location - feels like your driving a 18-wheeler.

GranStand-Review-02-800x450.jpg

Should be right at home when used with Euro Truck Simulator though :P

My only issue with this cockpit is storage and the gear shift mount location - feels like your driving a 18-wheeler.

[Pic removed. Scroll up to see image. - Dopplegagger]

The 80/20 that the shifter is mounted to, cannot be lowered?

The shifter location can be moved, but for the review, I was limited by a cord's length. That's being fixed though. :D

Besides, I like to think of it as more of touring car, Civic Type R approach.

Nice review! Will any bottom mount seat work with this rig?

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure it would. The base's mounting points can be altered to fit just about anything, I believe.

The 80/20 that the shifter is mounted to, cannot be lowered?

It can, yes. It can also be moved back towards the driver too.

I have owned a GrandStand Cockpit for several years. It has been the key to my complete mental immersion in SIM Racing.

Completely solid, never a problem in any regard. As in all racing, it is a logical routine to check & retighten periodically.

Thanks to the Design and Manufacturing Team for excellent work.

Anyone know if these are still available? Don't see a website. Any info is appreciated.
I think they are no longer making them. Bought a Cockpit model several years ago, tried to reconnect without success.

Back