Greater Sense of Speed?

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 35 comments
Holy Thread Revival Batman!!!

So I actually went and popped GT4 in ye olde PS2 the other day. I managed to get component cables because crispness.

Anyways, I bought a 99 Impreza WRX STI and took it for a spin on a few tracks. Goodness, I actually felt the speed quite nicely! 150kmh on the windy El Capitan roads was pretty fun. I wonder why in GT6 it feels dumbed down.... PS3 couldn't handle it maybe?

Well GT4 runs at a steady 60fps which GT6 doesnt really. Aswell as the FOV in GT4 is wider and the body roll of the cars is visually way more noticeable. Like when you do a hard break in bumper cam you see the cars nose goes down the asphalt. While in GT6 you get a strange shake effect...

I actually like the sense of speed in GT6. I also like how the car view is affected by bumps and shadows. I would love to see the option to adjust the view of the interior view, I think this would make everyone happy!

Well GT4 runs at a steady 60fps which GT6 doesnt really. Aswell as the FOV in GT4 is wider and the body roll of the cars is visually way more noticeable. Like when you do a hard break in bumper cam you see the cars nose goes down the asphalt. While in GT6 you get a strange shake effect...

I liked that bumper cam from GT4, I wish they brought it back. And that sound of wind when driving fast.

I'd say the exact opposite.

I'd say the exact opposite.

Not in chasecam, in the first person view and roof cam. The camera would tilt towards the asphalt, in GT6 it does only quiet a bit and being just shaky. I didnt mean the actual body roll of the car. I meant the camera view movements. GT6's are extreme steady except for the strange shake effect. GT4 would lean back and foward especially at acceleration and breaking,

Back