GRID 2019

I certainly appreciate the visual tweaks which come with seasonal updates :)
full

Any point to the levels? i'm on level 23 and the only thing i see the levels are doing is just unlocking those custom livery :(

Also any time stamp to when season 3 will be announce?

Any point to the levels? i'm on level 23 and the only thing i see the levels are doing is just unlocking those custom livery :(

Also any time stamp to when season 3 will be announce?

Nothing else. These levels do nearly nothing :)

game launched at october
Season One was around 25 November (and released on December)
Season Two was announced at the end of January (and was released on 12 February )
So i predict we will see Season Three reveal somewhere in March with April release date...

Just bought the Ultimate Ed 74% off the AU PSN store. Don't think it's gonna get cheaper than that anytime soon so it's a pretty good deal. Getting a bit bored with NFS Heat recently so good timing as well :D

Just bought the Ultimate Ed 74% off the AU PSN store. Don't think it's gonna get cheaper than that anytime soon so it's a pretty good deal. Getting a bit bored with NFS Heat recently so good timing as well :D

just bought it now, so even if it’s as average as all the reviews say then at least it was only £20 wasted... hoping to be pleasantly surprised

I got back into Grid yesterday as I wanted to try out the new content and features. Took me a while to get used to the physics again but overall it was great fun. I mostly did the Super Hatch events in the Lancia Delta Integrale and was instantly reminded of why I like the game soo much. The racing feels so authentic and brutal. Some of the AI wanted to kill me. One of my biggest gripes with this game was that the races were too short. I'm soo happy that Codemasters addressed this, as I don't have to barge my way through the field as much. I changed the race length multiplier to 5 times, and I think it's way more enjoyable. Feels like a proper race, not some stupid showcase that's over before you know it.

OK, finally got to fire up this game. Intro reminded me of NFS Shift with all the slow mo crashing and rewinding. Presentation looks slick as always with Codies. Menu music is ok but not especially memorable compared to previous Grid games. Couldn't care less about all that reality TV WSR stuff that they've recycled from Grid 2. Did the first race with C7R at Shanghai and first impression of the handling (with a pad, turned TC/SC off, ABS 1) are they've managed to go backwards again :banghead: Why, Codies, why? GAS wasn't perfect but it was a step in the right direction.

In Grid 4, the cars behave like they have solid suspension. Absolutely no sensation of weight transfer whatsoever. Under braking a GT3 car should feel rock solid but it lurches from side to side like a 60s muscle car with drum brakes. Cornering wise it's still as floaty and vague as ever, not helped by the fact that there is barely any controller vibration/feedback of what the tyres are doing (and remember, zero suspension movement to tell you any weight transfer info). Feeding the throttle is just an exercise of trial and error because of this. No warning whatsoever of wheelspin and instant spin when the grip threshold is exceeded. I just resorted to pumping the gas for now. I see there is an adjustment for steering linearity but not throttle/brake. Why? Instead they have 10 different spectator viewing options. Talk about priorities.

Next race the stock car at Indy oval. Tracing a smooth line through the corner is so counterintuitive and I wiped out after 3 turns. Thankfully there's flashback. Next touring cars at Brands in the rain. Now this one felt ok-ish. Probably I've gotten a bit used to the handling a bit more. Car just plows everywhere though and braking locks up way too easily so increased ABS to 2. From corner apex to exit is ok, but I just can't get any semblance of consistency under brakes.

Anyway, tutorials done. Explored the menus a bit. Pretty simplistic style just like Driveclub so it's easy to read and navigate. The team aspect is nestled way deep in the options though. I wonder how many people missed it and did a huge chunk of career without even realising it's there. Bought my first car (Subaru TC). A bit disappointed that we can't have a static team livery (there only 1 default, and the rest are pre-designed shapes and you can just choose the colour like Driveclub). I like that they have quali option. Car tuning is quite simplistic (even simpler than GAS that we can't adjust front/rear setups separately and no diff/downforce settings). I made everything super stiff and dialed a bit of front brake bias (my baseline setup in GAS). Car drives a bit better now. Got pole and win quite easily but man, my teammate is useless :lol: Thankfully only your finishing position counts for game progression since my team is only 3rd. Anyway, got loads of cash even from the first race so I can see economy isn't going to be a problem here. Also unlocked a whole bunch of objectives but I'm not sure what's the point of them. I see some player cards/banners are locked so maybe it counts towards those. Anyway, they're just filler.

That's my experience so far. Have yet to try using the wheel but like with all Codies games dialing in the settings will take another hour or so I'm leaving that next time. Needless to say, I'm glad I bought this on sale. It's impossible to comprehend the thought process at Codemasters honestly. They've been criticised for bad handling before in Grid 2, improved it for GAS, and now gone backwards again. This game made Driveclub feel like Gran Turismo. I can look past thin content somewhat, but the core of any racing game is always the driving. I'm not expecting it to be a sim, but something close to GAS would be more than adequate. Instead they tried to reinvent the wheel again (and failed). Without a solid core it's just an empty shell. Looks good on the outside, totally unsatisfying to play. I'm sure I'll get used to it with time, but I defo won't be recommending this game to anyone who loves driving.

The game is a wee bit better than my expectations and looks good running on a PS4 Pro, have to say the handling is a bit vague though, I’m using a G29 and it feels really floaty through the corners and can’t find anywhere in the settings to tighten it up a bit

Just finished career mode and my favorite class of car to drive was the GTE class, lease favorite was the stock class especially that stock truck :yuck:

Now for Season 1 :gtpflag:

Just finished career mode and my favorite class of car to drive was the GTE class, lease favorite was the stock class especially that stock truck :yuck:

Now for Season 1 :gtpflag:

Yeah whole Stock Cars are awful. Only Muscle Cars are fine.

I personally love all touring car classes.

Community Update - Patch Notes (25/02/2020)

As discussed last week, we have been working hard on some community-requested features in GRID. As always, thank you for your feedback and ongoing support. We hope you enjoy these changes - after all, you asked for them!

Bugs

• Fix for Hot lap joining issue grid placement.
  • Rain on the window screen is working correctly again with all vehicles.
Features

• Added the ability to tune vehicle in the pause menu in Skirmish (Once in Skirmish mode: Pause > Vehicle Tuning > Tune to what you like > Apply)
  • Added the ability to remove scratches and dirt when changing liveries or changing vehicles
Once you have driven with a vehicle it will have built up scratches and dirt, changing your livery will automatically clean your vehicle, entering into the garage and finding the vehicle you were using will give you the option ‘Clean and Respray’ in the tooltips at the bottom of the screen, press the right trigger button and this will clean your vehicle. This can also be done in the vehicle select menu screen as well. Note – The vehicle can only be cleaned if you own it

• Added a stats screen (To access the stats screen: Main Menu > Player Profile > Edit Profile > Statistics)
This will give you stats for the following:

- Distance Driven
- Career Events Completed
- Total Drafting Time
- Cars Overtaken
- Distance on Racing Line
- Good Corners Taken
- Total Gear Shifts
- Total Air Time
- Distance Driven on Two Wheels
- Total Drift Distance

Update is now available across Xbox One, PS4, and PC. For Stadia, these changes will be included with the release of Season 2.

Stats is a particularly welcome feature. Should've been in it from the start really.

A couple more things:
- The lack of ability to choose sponsor decals is quite disappointing. Instead we get to choose accolades on our player card. Talk about priorities.
- Anyone knows if racenet integration does anything? The website says it's under construction currently.
- Does changing AI difficulty, aids and flashback add bonuses to your winnings like in previous games?
- Teammate commands still does precisely nothing. At least my current guy can hold his own in the midfield instead of constantly finishing last.
- In free race, does the tournament name affect anything or is it just a way to save lots of different championship presets? If so, a bit weird that they don't just let us type whatever name we want.

The more I play the more glaringly obvious how little effort they put in this game apart from the graphics. So embarrassing :boggled:

I lost count of the things that are missing from the previous games...

Even game modes:

Grid 2: 10

Grid 2019: 2

Thank God I did not buy this game. What a shame to be honest its so piss poor on content it makes it more sad than laughable.

Codemasters thought they could get away with the bare minimum.

For me it´s mostly about the missing game modes, features, functions and options... Maybe when i have a day free time i can write a list of all the missing things :D

Been playing this game for the past few days since I got the Ultimate Edition for like 75% off on the PSN Store.

Definitely a hard agree on the missing game modes being one of the main things that kills this game. Multi-class endurance shouldn't be locked to the absolute train-wreck that is Stadia. Stuff like Checkpoints, Overtake and Elimination from GRID 2 as well as Drifting from the last three would definitely have lessened the monotony of the current game. A huge lack of tracks especially compared to the previous games is a massive detriment to the game too.

That being said I do still enjoy the racing experience of the game on the difficulty I'm at. Hard difficulty + 2x Race Length seems to do the trick for me personally, but like I said my issue with GRID 2019 is that the lack of tracks and gamemodes hurts it, which in turn feeds into the already repetitive Career mode.

I have no idea why but when driving on a long straight the car wobbles from left to right without any input from my wheel, anyone got a way of stopping this ?

OK, I don't want to sound like a n00b, but using ABS and TCS maximum is like a grip hack in this game. You can just plant your foot down coming in and out of corners, no consequence whatsoever. Maybe it's easier to modulate with a wheel but I can't see how turning them lower will make you faster with a pad.

Secondly, I'm getting the feeling that Havana is just Barcelona with the buildings changed a bit. Same thing with Shanghai - some sections of the track are reminiscent of Dubai from G2/GAS. So pretty much apart from a couple of new cars, the only real new content is Zhejiang. Not great.

I have no idea why but when driving on a long straight the car wobbles from left to right without any input from my wheel, anyone got a way of stopping this ?

I still haven't tried with a wheel yet. Try fiddling with the controller settings: deadzone, steering sensitivity, linearity. Never heard of this issue with previous Grid games though, very weird.

A few things

First i'm super excited for the reveal content of season 3 will my beloved p1 gtr be one of the cars?

EDIT - Nevermind found the option

Last edited:
Seeing that this on sale atm for PS, worth getting the deluxe or still a pass on this game? currently going through campaign and LH challenge in GTSport as well as waiting for the update for NFS Heat since I've "completed" it

OK, I found out why throttle control was all over the place. Turns out my R2 trigger had a HUGE deadzone (up to the first 50% travel is literally nothing, and then instantly 50% throttle :crazy:). The last 10% of travel also doesn't do much (you hit 100% throttle at only 90% travel and stays there). Adjusted the controls and now can manage throttle a lot better.

My current config if anyone wants to try:
Steering: deadzone 5%, saturation 100%
Throttle: deadzone 50%, saturation 90%
Brake: deadzone 0%, saturation 100%
Steering sensitivity: mid bar (forget the exact number)
Steering linearity: 0
ABS 5, TCS 0, ASM 0
Car setup: gearing track dependent, spring/damper/ARB max hard, brakes mid bar

Seeing that this on sale atm for PS, worth getting the deluxe or still a pass on this game? currently going through campaign and LH challenge in GTSport as well as waiting for the update for NFS Heat since I've "completed" it

Just get the deluxe. It's not much price difference and this game needs all the extra content it can get. I reckon this will be the cheapest we'll see it for a while, so if you're on the fence just get it. Just temper your expectations and it's a passable "side dish" if you're bored with GTS.

Last edited:
Just get the deluxe. It's not much price difference and this game needs all the extra content it can get. I reckon this will be the cheapest we'll see it for a while, so if you're on the fence just get it. Just temper your expectations and it's a passable "side dish" if you're bored with GTS.

Gone and bought it, only going to get a chance to try it out this weekend

OK, I found out why throttle control was all over the place. Turns out my R2 trigger had a HUGE deadzone (up to the first 50% travel is literally nothing, and then instantly 50% throttle :crazy:). The last 10% of travel also doesn't do much (you hit 100% throttle at only 90% travel and stays there). Adjusted the controls and now can manage throttle a lot better.

My current config if anyone wants to try:
Steering: deadzone 5%, saturation 100%
Throttle: deadzone 50%, saturation 90%
Brake: deadzone 0%, saturation 100%
Steering sensitivity: mid bar (forget the exact number)
Steering linearity: 0
ABS 5, TCS 0, ASM 0
Car setup: gearing track dependent, spring/damper/ARB max hard, brakes mid bar
I didn't know that these settings could be changed. This would definitely solve the issues I'm having with the handling model.

Why is this game so silly sometimes? :boggled:

Stock cars at night in the rain ???? when these cars don't even have rain wipers :lol:

Granted they would never run a road course at night since most of them don't have lighting systems... but still. :P

That said, I've only picked at the game a bit since the first DLC update but it definitely feels like most of the cars are handling somewhat better since then. Not more realistic per se, but much less like they're weightless plastic toys skidding all over the place.

Last edited:
Why is this game so silly sometimes? :boggled:

Stock cars at night in the rain ???? when these cars don't even have rain wipers :lol:
They really need to put wipers on all cars they make you race in the rain, forces you to an outside cam instead of cockpit view.

On the subject of racing at night, I've just done the V8 Supercar night race at Okutama, and the headlights didn't turn on during the race :odd: It was on in quali, and you can flash it during the race but it doesn't stay on all the time. The AI all has headlights on so it can't be a performance issue with the console.

Ok this game is definitely a filler for waiting on other games to update,

The way the cars drive feels odd like there's a ton of oversteer when first turning to understeer, and Di they describe Brands hatch over the phone to the developers?

Latest Posts

Back