GRID 2019

No sens of turining off damage. It is actually very hard to damage any of components of the car. Which is bad in my opinion. It is no way near damage from original GRID.

I agree about damage, but its a arcade racer not a sim in any way, and as such is better played "wreckfest style" given the pure cheek monster of the AI, each to their own though... I would also recommend cranking up the games difficulty, or you will be leading the pack after the first lap of every race in this game...

I agree about damage, but its a arcade racer not a sim in any way, and as such is better played "wreckfest style" given the pure cheek monster of the AI, each to their own though... I would also recommend cranking up the games difficulty, or you will be leading the pack after the first lap of every race in this game...

Original GRID was also arcade and i think damage in that game was one of the best :D

Original GRID was also arcade and i think damage in that game was one of the best :D

I like wreckfest and dirt 2 best for damage this gen... the bent chasis when it crabs in wreckfest is awesome, and trying to finish a stage on three wheels in dirt 2 is complete madness... I hope they sequel grid for the new generation and improve its physics / damage its fun for a bit but not long lasting because its too simplistic... just a late night, low concentration kinda game...

Just picked this up for €9,99 in the PSN. Ready tot give it another try. Wasn't to fond on the démo 1,5 years ago but hey for a small price it must be worth it
it's a good game for that price. you'll get hours of fun out of it. But it will become quite boring after a while, as there are only two game modes.

it's a good game for that price. you'll get hours of fun out of it. But it will become quite boring after a while, as there are only two game modes.

this is true. The base and setting of the game is very solid. Even driving model is very enjoyable in my opinion. The bighedt flaw and fun killer is just barebones content. Even with all DLCs this game is getting repetitive very quickly.

for 10 bucks it is a great game although the ultimate version is recommended for more content. .

Just finished the main career and all of the 3DLCS last week on Hard difficulty. It becomes really challenging at the end with the faster cars on really tight tracks and the need to finish 1st.

In terms of racing the AI I think it is the best racing game out there at the moment.

In terms of racing the AI I think it is the best racing game out there at the moment.

yeah I also love AI in this game. It feels very real, they are some times a little bit too agresive but it still feels natural with all mistakes they make.

yeah I also love AI in this game. It feels very real, they are some times a little bit too agresive but it still feels natural with all mistakes they make.

Did you play Grid Autosport ? How does the AI compare ? I thought it was great in GAS, always attacking, lungeing & diving for last minute braking attempts, getting it wrong, driving off the road crashing etc. It felt like I was in a true fight most of the time...

Did you play Grid Autosport ? How does the AI compare ? I thought it was great in GAS, always attacking, lungeing & diving for last minute braking attempts, getting it wrong, driving off the road crashing etc. It felt like I was in a true fight most of the time...

I think it is very similar + it have random situations like tyre blow/crash/spin-off etc. Some times those actions are scripted, but they add a lot of atmosphere and excitement to race.

I would love to see simplified directed Pit-Stops in next GRID games with this "race director" imagine seeing AI car having pit problems or something.

I've seen the tracks are free DLC for the standard version and the 12 extra cars aren't really worth it.
The cars are pretty good and it adds 3 seasons of SP content. It gives you more purpose as a player.

Of course every person has to decide for himself if its worth the extra money.

There are some nice cars there, if there is chance to take ultimate edition for with discount then why not?

The cars are pretty good and it adds 3 seasons of SP content. It gives you more purpose as a player.

Of course every person has to decide for himself if its worth the extra money.

I've seen the DLC but for me it isn't worth it. The Stratos and some old US Muscle will provide €10 fun :lol:

I bought the game in the PS Store for US$12, i just played some hours and the first impression is not the best.
Looks it have a very repetitive career and this thing make me lazy.
Choce category - choose a car - win 2 races against suicide IA and that's it, repeat this 300 times.

I bought the game in the PS Store for US$12, i just played some hours and the first impression is not the best.
Looks it have a very repetitive career and this thing make me lazy.
Choce category - choose a car - win 2 races against suicide IA and that's it, repeat this 300 times.
That's a fair representation of Grid. Later events can have 3 or 4 races, and sometimes there are 2,3 or 4 time trials. In the dlc there is even the odd 'endurance race.'

£6 in the summer sale on PSN. Tried the trial and it was quite enjoyable, what do we reckon? Is it worth £6 and then £3/£4 (can't remember which) for the ultimate edition upgrade?

I've only done about a half dozen series. It's OK fun, but I haven't played it in months. Probably worth the price on sale rather than full price.

Recently downloaded the demo after scrolling through PSN.

One of three videos going up today as I tackle the three races seperately on slightly increased difficulty:

Edit: And here's Video #2:

Video #3 coming at 6:00 PM CST

Last edited:
Please note that GRID 2019 is being withdrawn from EA Play via Gamepass Ultimate on Xbox before end of November.

GRID Legends remains though.

I've long since bought the game outright anyway.
UPDATE: Grid was delisted on 30 November and is no longer available for purchase on Xbox store :(

(presume this is due to expiring licences - 2019 release, so it's now 4 years old, this was also the timeframe for Forza games being withdrawn until recently).

Back