GRID, Haze, Bourne Conspiracy Demo Coming This Week!

• Thread starter Nitrof1
  • 88 comments
Just like to point out that GRID does support G25 H-shifter.

I find FFB weight needs to be turned way down & sensitivity way up in order to get a somewhat realistic wheel feeling.

This game ruins your GT5P driving!

It took me close to an hour of fiddle farting around with it to get my DFP to feel right in it. Now that its donme and I have the settings memorized I do wish my TOCA would let me adjust my saturation. For some reason my game will not let me adjust the deadzone or saturation for either pedals or the wheel. I have the option, but whenever I make the adjustment and I try to exit options I get the controls not set up properly warning and in order to get ack to the game I HAVE to set it ack to default:indiff:

GRID is a sore disappointment. I agree that the old TOCA fans were left behind. The controls and feel of driving are a lot like DiRT (extremely poor). Even fun arcade racing games have some degree of feel in the road. Cruisin' series had a better feel of being on a road. These games (DiRT + GRID) seem to be using the same mental physics engine making for cool replays and crashes but AWFUL gameplay and driving. I might be a bit more of a sim fan but I can appreciate a good arcade racer and this is not one of them.

Just like to point out that GRID does support G25 H-shifter.
How did you manage to do that? :confused:

In a previous post I said that GRID is 👍 but after playing GRID for a couples off days, I start to dislike GRID more and more. I prefer GT5p over GRID!

How did you manage to do that?

You just put the shifter selector in the H-shift position...

& it works!

I don't think you have to do anything else.

Am I right in thinking that every time you start up the GRID demo you have to reset all the driving options? This is a pain, because it takes a time to do.

I can't get over the feeling that the arcade feel of GRID & DiRT would make more sense, if you're using a controller & you're therefore not comparing it to real world physics.

GRID is a sore disappointment. I agree that the old TOCA fans were left behind. The controls and feel of driving are a lot like DiRT (extremely poor). Even fun arcade racing games have some degree of feel in the road. Cruisin' series had a better feel of being on a road. These games (DiRT + GRID) seem to be using the same mental physics engine making for cool replays and crashes but AWFUL gameplay and driving. I might be a bit more of a sim fan but I can appreciate a good arcade racer and this is not one of them.

After I read this post I had to go back and make sure I didn't post my original assessment of GRID. My original before I erased it was stating exactly this...that TOCA fans had been left behind and ignored as though we meant nothing to Codemasters. This was before I found the wheel adjutment options. I have to say that the default wheel settings bite the big thick green one. Once you get the saturation and deadzone set up to your liking its tons better than GT4 (I'm still giving GT5 the benifit of the doubt seeing as I have yet to play it) I think you feel the road just fine, the only unrealistic aspect that truly jumps out and grabs you is the super effortless way your car accellerates, but then...GT4 does this too so...

***************EDIT********************

I played TOCA for it tonight then dealt with the age old pro I have had with my game in that it will not let me adjust the Saturation or deadzone for the wheel, gas/brake. I must admit that I am waiting now for GRID to hit the stores I will buy it outright no matter what. I think it has everything to do withthe fact that I can adjust the sensitivity of the steering to perfection finally. TOCA is my favorite game right now so I see this one kind of taking its place. I need to go down ands rent GT5P to try it out, bbut because of the problems I had with 3&4 I have been slow ot doing so. I just need to know now if Codemasters has continued to surpass PD in the overall feel of the game.

I would like to know if anyone else has had the same problem with TOCA as I have with not being able to adjust the saettings ofthe wheel and if so were you able to get past it or not.

After I read this post I had to go back and make sure I didn't post my original assessment of GRID. My original before I erased it was stating exactly this...that TOCA fans had been left behind and ignored as though we meant nothing to Codemasters. This was before I found the wheel adjutment options. I have to say that the default wheel settings bite the big thick green one. Once you get the saturation and deadzone set up to your liking its tons better than GT4 (I'm still giving GT5 the benifit of the doubt seeing as I have yet to play it) I think you feel the road just fine, the only unrealistic aspect that truly jumps out and grabs you is the super effortless way your car accellerates, but then...GT4 does this too so...

***************EDIT********************

I played TOCA for it tonight then dealt with the age old pro I have had with my game in that it will not let me adjust the Saturation or deadzone for the wheel, gas/brake. I must admit that I am waiting now for GRID to hit the stores I will buy it outright no matter what. I think it has everything to do withthe fact that I can adjust the sensitivity of the steering to perfection finally. TOCA is my favorite game right now so I see this one kind of taking its place. I need to go down ands rent GT5P to try it out, bbut because of the problems I had with 3&4 I have been slow ot doing so. I just need to know now if Codemasters has continued to surpass PD in the overall feel of the game.

I would like to know if anyone else has had the same problem with TOCA as I have with not being able to adjust the saettings ofthe wheel and if so were you able to get past it or not.

You should realize that the physics in GT5P (in Professional mode) are massively improved from GT4, the AI & collision physics not so much, which means the driving is excellent, but the actual racing still isn't that great.

If you enjoy Toca 3 & want a good racing game for the PS3, try F1:CE. You will like it. 👍

Just tried GRID now....... i'll reserve my judgement until i drag the G25 out to really get a feel, but it obviously felt terrible with the sixxaxis.....

You should realize that the physics in GT5P (in Professional mode) are massively improved from GT4, the AI & collision physics not so much, which means the driving is excellent, but the actual racing still isn't that great.

If you enjoy Toca 3 & want a good racing game for the PS3, try F1:CE. You will like it. 👍

I downloaded the Demo for F1 CE and honestly I didn't like it. IT felt very arcadey and the graphics sucked. Is the game better than the demo? Well, I mean the game is oviously going to beetter than the demo but I mean does the game show marked improvements in graphics and feel over the demo?

I played the GRID demo and didn't like it. The physics are very laughable and really plays a lot like DIRT. The damage modeling sucks too and so far, I'm very disappointed with Codemasters for ruining the franchise. I'm not even thinking of renting it for once. GRID is a disgrace to the Codemasters name.

If someone expected GRiD to be a game as sim like as Gran Turismo, then I can certainly understand their disappointment, but I seriously doubt that was the intention of Codemasters.

It's closer to PGR4 in terms of arcade style driving physics, with the focus not necessarily on simulation as much as over the top action. The sounds have been exaggerated, the crashes have been exaggerated, the driving has been exaggerated... and for those who enjoy simcade style games, it succeeds for all of these reasons.

Frankly, I suspect there are more fans of simcade style driving games than pure simulation games, so I'll be very surprised if this game doesn't sell extremely well. In fact, I can almost guarantee it will far out sell PGR4 and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it out sold both GT5P and possibly even Forza 2.

That isn't to say many people won't like it, but I don't think it will because of any obvious flaws in the game. It's just a matter of personal preference, and whether or not you like that type of game.

Exactly what I'm saying, GRiD has really been a great thing for me, finally a game I won't have to invest hundreds of hours in to beat, and I can mess up and I don't have to worry for the rest of the lap if I'll be okay because I slid there. This game has even convinced me to buy a wheel (maybe it's an old DFP, but it still did) to play, and I'm looking forward to getting it.

TBH, before GRiD, I was getting bored with PS3 racers in general, or lack thereof, but this game has made itself the most popular game on my PS3 right now - even though it's a demo - and has passed CoD4 on that list.

But anyway, it is all up to personal preference, and the game does grow on you, I hated it at first but gave it a second shot, and now I love it.

From,
Chris.

I played the GRID demo and didn't like it. The physics are very laughable and really plays a lot like DIRT. The damage modeling sucks too and so far, I'm very disappointed with Codemasters for ruining the franchise. I'm not even thinking of renting it for once. GRID is a disgrace to the Codemasters name.

GT4 was awesome when I first started playing it. After a while I started laughing at the thought of GranTurismo eing a driving simulator. There is a lot in the physics when considering how the game feels when you try and turn a car or accelerate that are just as unreal as GRID. Not to mention that the game constantly cheats to stay ahead, and makes it hard for you to cheat
. Grid has a fun feel, and supports 900degree steering. Fun enough for me!

I downloaded the Demo for F1 CE and honestly I didn't like it. IT felt very arcadey and the graphics sucked. Is the game better than the demo? Well, I mean the game is oviously going to beetter than the demo but I mean does the game show marked improvements in graphics and feel over the demo?

Yes!

I felt the exactly the same way when I tried the F1:CE demo. However, I trusted some of the GTP posters who praised the game & went ahead & bought it. I'm now 180 hours into the game & still just starting to get truly competitive on the "Hard" level. There are some weaknesses in the game but overall it's a fantastic racing experience.

The graphics are not up to the standard of GT5P (particularly in the replays), but they are actually quite attractive when you are racing. I can tell you that the handling is significantly better than the F2007 in GT5P - very good FFB (not originally in the game) with a wheel gives it a very realistic feeling. It also has good AI, collision physics & damage, which makes the racing very intense.

If you like a challenging sim-style racer, & have the patience to get beyond the initial level of difficulty, you will love this game. 👍

+1

The audio and sound effects are top notch as well. Beware the oil slick though, always beware.

+1

The audio and sound effects are top notch as well. Beware the oil slick though, always beware.

+2 - I thought the same after playing the F1:CE demo and got the full game on the recommendation of other (and it should be nice and cheap by now as well). Did not regret it one bit, excellent game and a real challenge as well. In addition, given that Codemasters now have the F1 licence, I'm keeping hold of my copy, it could be that last good F1 sim in quite a while.

Regards

Scaff

I'll look into getting F1-CE then, I just sent off the Money Order for GT5P. I got a brand new Japanese NTSC version for $19 So I'll atleast be able to give it a chance . I just couldn't see paying more than that for a version of the game thats not complete. ''Last night I went in and fiddled around with the FFB options in GRID and found the perfect medicine to make the game feel nice and real. I put the steering at 5% deadzone and 15%saturation, the gas at 10%deadzone and 80% saturation, brakes at 15%dead and 80 % saturation , the FFB at 100%strength.80%weightwith 100%effects strength. The experience was real enough to have a lot of fun with, I mean you feel the road, and the wheel shakes every time your change a gear, I love the fact that you can slam it into a four wheel drift through a corner and then nail the throttle to suck it up and line it up with the new trajectory and WHAM, ram rod out of the corner. JUST LIKE A REAL CAR, as anyone would know who has ever built and ran fast powerful cars.

The game is real enough in its own right to have me wanting to rush out and pay full price for it when it comes out beginning of next month. And I'm not one willing to put $60 down on a game at all, ut I'd rather pay that and e racing the full version sooner than waiting a few months for the price to go down. I'm pretty critical of racing games and this one has my endorsement. Its een kind of fun being able to slam a car around a roadway the way I used to my old '71 Datsun 510 I built to race GP back in the early 90s. I put a 2.0L in place of the stock 1.6L and the 5 speed out of a 200SX. A feind built me a tube manifold for a set of matched downdraft webers and cam that just thumped. When I was 18 I built a 1966 Corvair with a vertical fan and 3.0litre jugs to boost it from a 2.5 to 3.3 litre with Turbo force feeding a Holley 4bbl. MAn that thing was fast, and having driven that car for a few years I have to say that the way PolyDigital and CodeMasters portray the handling of rear engine cars is WAY OFF BASE. They handle a hell of a lot better than the games make out to. That old Vair used to EAT 911s FOR BREAKFAST.

I'll look into getting F1-CE then, I just sent off the Money Order for GT5P. I got a brand new Japanese NTSC version for $19 So I'll atleast be able to give it a chance . I just couldn't see paying more than that for a version of the game thats not complete. ''Last night I went in and fiddled around with the FFB options in GRID and found the perfect medicine to make the game feel nice and real. I put the steering at 5% deadzone and 15%saturation, the gas at 10%deadzone and 80% saturation, brakes at 15%dead and 80 % saturation , the FFB at 100%strength.80%weightwith 100%effects strength. The experience was real enough to have a lot of fun with, I mean you feel the road, and the wheel shakes every time your change a gear, I love the fact that you can slam it into a four wheel drift through a corner and then nail the throttle to suck it up and line it up with the new trajectory and WHAM, ram rod out of the corner. JUST LIKE A REAL CAR, as anyone would know who has ever built and ran fast powerful cars.

The game is real enough in its own right to have me wanting to rush out and pay full price for it when it comes out beginning of next month. And I'm not one willing to put $60 down on a game at all, ut I'd rather pay that and e racing the full version sooner than waiting a few months for the price to go down. I'm pretty critical of racing games and this one has my endorsement. Its een kind of fun being able to slam a car around a roadway the way I used to my old '71 Datsun 510 I built to race GP back in the early 90s. I put a 2.0L in place of the stock 1.6L and the 5 speed out of a 200SX. A feind built me a tube manifold for a set of matched downdraft webers and cam that just thumped. When I was 18 I built a 1966 Corvair with a vertical fan and 3.0litre jugs to boost it from a 2.5 to 3.3 litre with Turbo force feeding a Holley 4bbl. MAn that thing was fast, and having driven that car for a few years I have to say that the way PolyDigital and CodeMasters portray the handling of rear engine cars is WAY OFF BASE. They handle a hell of a lot better than the games make out to. That old Vair used to EAT 911s FOR BREAKFAST.

Er...

Bear in mind that F1:CE (like actual) F1 racing, is a form of racing that requires patience & finesse - it doesn't reward a "Dukes of Hazard" style! ;)

Er...

Bear in mind that F1:CE (like actual) F1 racing, is a form of racing that requires patience & finesse - it doesn't reward a "Dukes of Hazard" style! ;)

I know, one has to bbe really smooth and precise with movements. Turning too sharp results in spin outs, and the like. Then again your also racing in a very fragile car, I mean, if you run over a bug on the track it'll knock a wheel off!

GT4 was awesome when I first started playing it. After a while I started laughing at the thought of GranTurismo eing a driving simulator. There is a lot in the physics when considering how the game feels when you try and turn a car or accelerate that are just as unreal as GRID. Not to mention that the game constantly cheats to stay ahead, and makes it hard for you to cheat
. Grid has a fun feel, and supports 900degree steering. Fun enough for me!

Yeah, we'll see about it when the game comes out. When the reviews for GRID come along, I'll decide if I can rent it or not.

Did you find a way to save the replay or did you do like I did and set up your digig camera on record and filmed the replay with a camera?

I used my Fuji S9000 on a tripod and made a movie of my replay of an awesome race the other day. What was so awesome aout it is I came in second in a car that was so adly damaged the last lap that it was nearly impossile to keep it driving a straight line. Right off the bat the the whole front clip and oth fenders were knocked clean off the car! As soon as I figure out how to upload movies I'll post it.

I used my Fuji S9000 on a tripod and made a movie of my replay of an awesome race the other day. What was so awesome aout it is I came in second in a car that was so adly damaged the last lap that it was nearly impossile to keep it driving a straight line. Right off the bat the the whole front clip and oth fenders were knocked clean off the car! As soon as I figure out how to upload movies I'll post it.
I use the same camera for my videos. 👍

Do you have Windows Movie Maker installed? I'll be glad to go through the process with you to upload it to Youtube. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested 👍

No doubt about buying this one the day it comes out. I didn't even know it has destruction derby :). only 1 week i think.

I'll give it a shot. Iron Man demo was ok(not even close to being good), it feels exactly as you would expect. A rushed buggy poor controlling movie game. But I thinks its ok only because I've played maybe a 1000 games in my life time one thing I've always wanted to do was play as iron man in a modern 3d game. The only other game like it is Armored core, but whats more fun? Being a giant robot or man in an armored suit? Well maybe the one thats better put together(Armored Core).

I wish it would get a proper game release.

Back