GRID Legends to Launch February 25 2022, First Gameplay Video Revealed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 37 comments
One week before GT7 and one week after Horizon FW, my god maybe later in 2022 or 2023 in a discount for me :indiff:

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there, in effective, an exclusivity arrangement with Ginetta and SMS that had the lion's share of modern Ginetta vehicles in their games only? Seems like that has broken considering the G55 GT4 is a pre-order car and confirmed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there, in effective, an exclusivity arrangement with Ginetta and SMS that had the lion's share of modern Ginetta vehicles in their games only? Seems like that has broken considering the G55 GT4 is a pre-order car and confirmed.
I've never heard of that. Is there an article somewhere that elaborates on that?

Last edited:
I have no idea how correct that is, but even if it is, this is a Codemasters game published by EA. They own SMS.

(and the camera anchoring is very, very Project CARSy)

I have no idea how correct that is, but even if it is, this is a Codemasters game published by EA. They own SMS.

(and the camera anchoring is very, very Project CARSy)
I know that. I'm wondering if it means that, for the moment, Codemasters (and by extension, EA) games are allowed to use Ginetta cars by way of prior agreements with SMS.

I've never heard of that. Is there an article somewhere that elaborates on that?
https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/project-cars-and-ginetta-cars-launch-esports-cup/

The growing relationship with British-based Ginetta Cars further strengthens Project CARS’ market-leading Esports program, and solidifies the reality of simulated racing as an affordable entry-point into the exciting world of motor-sport.
"Ginetta exists to provide accessible racing for all levels of driver and our unique motorsport ladder has taken drivers from their first race aged 14 all the way to international racing stardom. Sim racing is a new and increasingly popular entry-point into this world and we take it seriously as a discipline in its own right, so we are very excited to announce this partnership and look forward to seeing what the competitors can do.”
https://wmdportal.com/projectnews/three-ginettas-to-join-project-cars/

Considering the fact that no other Ginettas have been present in games since Ginetta started the partnership with SMS with PCARS 1, until now, I'd be safe in saying that it was an exclusivity agreement that probably now shifted to being across the Codemasters/EA range.

I'm wondering if it means that, for the moment, Codemasters (and by extension, EA) games are allowed to use Ginetta cars by way of prior agreements with SMS.
As EA bought Codies and Codies bought SMS, lock & stock in both cases, the rights would transfer. It would have been part of the valuation.

This comes out right after ACC next gen update and a month before GT7? It looks like a fun arcade racer. It seems like they borrowed the elimination race from Real Racing 3 it will be interesting to see what else they have to offer. The race creator looks like it would be fun. I would if they have a livery editor. I will more than likely get this after it has been out for awhile and on sale

Quite enjoyed grid 2019 it had just enough about it to make it fun to snack on. Im slightly wary of EA churn-ware though, I hope Codies dont succumb to the worst EA practices (they have been mercenary with Dirt2.0 dlc). Much like grid 2019 it will be well worth picking up later in a sale I defo got my £12 worth lol

It appears my two biggest grips with GRID 2019 have been resolved; the drab sense of speed and lack of event variety (return of drift mode is a big plus). I'll be keeping tabs on this one! 👍

I hope it is better than Grid 2019, the AI in that one is weirdly slow when I tried it through game pass.

The 90s Nascar looks identical to the one in pCARS 1.

Last edited:
Sounds like they were reading the posts in gtplanet. I swear everything that’s been discussed about custom races, having choices and wish lists, seem to have been brought up word for word in that video.

It appears my two biggest grips with GRID 2019 have been resolved; the drab sense of speed and lack of event variety (return of drift mode is a big plus). I'll be keeping tabs on this one! 👍

Yeah definately that were the biggest issues. It should be much better than 2019 entry. Also it seems it will have much more content (i hope so)

Looks ok at best, it's crazy that we will have 3 major racing games releasing so close to one another in February/March

I am past the age where I buy anything at full price, however the references to a deep career and variety are music to my ears. 100 cars can be enough if there is enough variety in the cars, a sufficient number of tracks and enough variety in events

I'm a bit concerned, as with any game tbh nowadays, how much of the content will be yanked out of the base game for paid DLC, but as long as the base game has sufficient included, this looks promising to me.

Get the handling right and this could be lots of fun 👍 (no more floaty boats please cough Grid Autosport cough)

They shared a small glimpse at the current car list - https://www.ea.com/games/grid/grid-legends/news/car-list?isLocalized=true

• Ariel Atom 3.5
  • Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro Concept
  • Aston Martin Vantage GT4
  • Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro
  • Audi A4 quattro
  • Audi RS 3 LMS
  • Audi R8 1:1
  • Beltra Enduro 24 T*
  • Beltra FZ – 73 FAF*
  • Beltra Icon Mk3*
  • Beltra Open Wheel*
  • Brabham BT62
  • Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
  • Dumont Colossus*
  • Dumont T36 Brawler Sport*
  • Dumont T37 Wolf*
  • Ford Focus TC-2
  • Ginetta G40 GT5
  • Ginetta G55 GT3
  • Ginetta G55 GT4
  • Jaguar I-PACE eTrophy
  • Jupiter Formula X*
  • Jupiter San Marino*
  • Koenigsegg Jesko
  • KTM X-BOW R
  • Lotus Evija
  • Lotus GT1
  • Mazda 787B
  • Mazda RX-7 FD3S Drift-Tuned
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Drift-Tuned
  • Pagani Zonda Revolucion
  • Panoz Esperante GTR-1
  • Porsche 911 GT1
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991.1)
  • Porsche 962C
  • Renault Clio Cup
  • Shelby Cobra 289 FIA CSX-Series 7000
  • Subaru WRX STI TC-2
  • Volkswagen Cup Car
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI

Looks ok at best, it's crazy that we will have 3 major racing games releasing so close to one another in February/March
This. It's sales suicide releasing this so close to GT7. I predict one week before online is a ghost town :lol:

What's the third game btw?

Back