GRID LEGENDS

• Thread starter Nacho Libre
  • 1,316 comments

So given the way the main story ended, I see three possibilities:

-This is a prequel to the events of the story

-Ryan served his time / paid his debt

-Ryan got out of any imprisonment or punishment because he's rich

As for Nate, a quote from the original Toca Race Driver comes to mind, "Luckily the wheels of justice turned swiftly, and my appeal was successful"

Bring back Vintage Warmer.
(I know they won't bring back Vintage Warmer)
It just clicked that you're the guy who requested the extended version of Vintage Warmer on YouTube; thank you, you did God's work. I have that playing in the background when working on stuff all the time!

It just clicked that you're the guy who requested the extended version of Vintage Warmer on YouTube; thank you, you did God's work. I have that playing in the background when working on stuff all the time!
No problem @NAWZZZ.

Last edited:
Update is 5.55gb on Series S.

Also, game is discounted in the new Xbox sale.

Standard edition £11.99
Deluxe Edition £15.99! (cheaper than just buying the deluxe upgrade).

Perfect timing to pick up the Deluxe and get the DLC 👍

Ok, so I opened the game this morning and the update was already there (silent update I guess). I played the first gauntlet of events and I'm really loving the "You are playing the greatest looking PS3/Xbox 360 game ever in 480p filter but on a 1080p/120 hz monitor and this is 2022" filter! :lol: I really think this is the best SIMCADE racer available today in the truest sense of the word (no derision at all).

That is…. Fast! Wasn’t DLC 2 released only a few weeks ago? And the gap between DLC 1 and 2 felt like half a year 😅

:)
1668726646186.jpeg

So, I'm planning on getting this but I heard there's a progression bug ? Is that fixed already ?

and the sound seems muted when I watch the gameplay videos, are they still muted now ?

Update is 5.55gb on Series S.

Also, game is discounted in the new Xbox sale.

Standard edition £11.99
Deluxe Edition £15.99! (cheaper than just buying the deluxe upgrade).

Perfect timing to pick up the Deluxe and get the DLC 👍
Not quite as good a deal on the PS side, but the deluxe edition is back on sale in the Black Friday offerings:

Grid Legends Deluxe Edition PS4 & PS5 £26.39

So, I'm planning on getting this but I heard there's a progression bug ? Is that fixed already ?

and the sound seems muted when I watch the gameplay videos, are they still muted now ?
I can only answer the question about sound. I think the sound is great. I don't find it muted.

I can only answer the question about sound. I think the sound is great. I don't find it muted.
I switched to Microsoft surround in the options and Claire and Inel are a lot easier to hear during races. Those with access to Dolby Atmos or whatever the other option is may end up getting an even clearer mix.

Last edited:
I switched to Microsoft surround in the options and Claire and Inel are a lot easier to hear during races. Those with access to Dolby Atmos or whatever the other option is may end up getting an even clearer mix.
Oh, he was talking about sound from characters? My mistake. I thought he was talking about overall sound of the game, like the cars and collisions and things like that.

So I found a neat glitch with those fancy filters in the new content.

I just smacked the wall hard enough to trigger the “hard hit” filter and when it stopped, it didn’t go back to the sepia filter from the story event.

Has anyone else seen that?

Pulled the trigger and bought the Deluxe Edition.

Love it so far but I found some of the dialogues are silent. The subtitles shows the announcer talking but no sound. Car sounds also seems to be a bit too quiet.

Overall I love the game though.

Last edited:
The Rise of Ravenwest is definitely my favourite story DLC for the game so far and feels like the one with the most effort put into it.

I know Ryan and Nathan are supposed to be the villains, but their dynamic was entertaining and surprisingly wholesome. Couldn't help but think it was a Max / Jos Verstappen relationship simulator at times. :P

I definitely appreciate there being more cutscenes and dialogue this time around. The HUD tweaks and filters were also a nice touch. Hope the next DLC is able to deliver more of the same kind of entertainment! :)

I heard there were going to be 3, but I guess I heard wrong...
[EDIT] Although I guess even Famine's sceptical about his own article judging by his 🤔 emoji... :lol:

Last edited:
Four DLC were announced, and since they have revolved around the main story characters, I would not be surprised if the last features Ajeet Singh or (why not?) Marcus Ado.

Four DLC were announced, and since they have revolved around the main story characters, I would not be surprised if the last features Ajeet Singh or (why not?) Marcus Ado.
While GRID Legends is delivering the nostalgia by the bucket load, I'd love to see this guy stage some kind of a return... maybe even see if Tom Cotcher would be willing to reprise the role.

images (4).jpeg

I still find myself repeating of his pre-race quips heading onto the track.

"There's the top team, and there's losertown. And we don't like losertown!"

"It's a jungle out there with some fierce cats! Good hunting!"

"Right, you know the name of the game. Have fun, score high, and don't do anything stupid!"

While GRID Legends is delivering the nostalgia by the bucket load, I'd love to see this guy stage some kind of a return... maybe even see if Tom Cotcher would be willing to reprise the role.

View attachment 1209281

I still find myself repeating of his pre-race quips heading onto the track.

"There's the top team, and there's losertown. And we don't like losertown!"

"It's a jungle out there with some fierce cats! Good hunting!"

"Right, you know the name of the game. Have fun, score high, and don't do anything stupid!"
Hahaha

This guy is a legend!!

Really made toca race driver 3 so enjoyable.

I’m playing through the story mode on medium difficulty and am finding the final mission to be an absolute killer. Just can’t complete it atm, too difficult for me!

Pulled the trigger and bought the Deluxe Edition.

Love it so far but I found some of the dialogues are silent. The subtitles shows the announcer talking but no sound. Car sounds also seems to be a bit too quiet.

Overall I love the game though.
I had the same complaint about the sound mix when I switched from GRID 2019. It’s much quieter and lacks the dramatic distortion from the earlier one that simulates being deafened by the inside of a race car really well.

I eventually realized the sounds were still all there. I just needed to turn the music way down and the car sounds and main volume way up, then crank the volume in the speakers more. It gets most of the intensity without deafening you but still sounds cleaner.

They also seem to be doing things with the sound like simulate the cabin and helmet muffling outside sounds. If they were doing that in 2019 I never noticed it.

Ok, so... I recently bought this game because It was on sale and I must say that I'm enjoying It so far; but I can't figure it out if there's a offline quickplay mode or something (since I want to get the hang of its driving physics, it's been a while since I've player a GRID game); the only option I've found is the online quickplay...

Ok, so... I recently bought this game because It was on sale and I must say that I'm enjoying It so far; but I can't figure it out if there's a offline quickplay mode or something (since I want to get the hang of its driving physics, it's been a while since I've player a GRID game); the only option I've found is the online quickplay...
There is an option called Race Creator; from there you can set stuff up to however you like.

Latest Posts

Back