GRID LEGENDS

• Thread starter Nacho Libre
  • 1,316 comments
I am a little disappinted in the new DLC. I was thinkng that it would be solely focused on endurance races. But in the story mode it veers from there right after the first race. i get they want to introduce us to the jumps in Dubai but they could have done that a different way

Man the ai in this game is crazy just look at how this first place car just flips over.

I won so many races cuase the ai in first place either flips or spins :boggled:

Also wished the career events had dynamic weather instead of fix cause there's no replayability with fix weather. And is there a way to turnoff those damn fireworks? Why is grid so obsessed with fireworks. :banghead:

So I went back to gold all the races in the main story that I hadn't yet... I guess Valentin Manzi held a grudge after me asking him to defend 2nd place all the time! :lol::lol:

Alright, got all Stories finished and now working on the Career mode. Didn't get much done in the GT Class, but it's a start.

Managed to nearly finish the season 2 Car-nage DLC except for the final event. Things got a lot easier once I realised your driver is granted three bars' worth of boost at the start of each lap.

For my money, Joimes the Seneca engineer has the most personality of the entire cast of characters. I don't know how Americans are going to understand what he's saying without the subtitles though.

Last edited:
Managed to nearly finish the season 2 Car-nage DLC except for the final event. Things got a lot easier once I realised your driver is granted three bars' worth of boost at t he start of each lap.

For my money, Joimes the Seneca engineer has the most personality of the entire cast of characters. I don't know how Americans are going to understand what he's saying without the subtitles though.
It's not hard just have listen 🤣 for me anyway

kjb
It's not hard just have listen 🤣 for me anyway
I guess a Birmingham accent isn't a million miles geographically from a Liverpool accent although completely different sounding and you guys had no problems with the Beatles. I was trying to think of someone from the same area who's done well over there but forgot about Cat Deeley. She seems to have dropped the twang though.

Last edited:
kjb
As long as it is a Cockney accent I'm good 🤣
Dick Van Dyke totally nailed that accent in Mary Poppins. Ask any Englishman. :lol:

Last edited:
Has anyone else had bits randomly fly off the Bentley Speed 8 even though you didnt crash or bump anything?

I'll start clipping it if it happens again, but more than a few times now I've been just racing along and then all of a sudden either the front end or the wing just snaps off and bounces down the track. It's most curious. :confused:

Just bought this as it's on sale on PSN and I'm getting bored with GT7. Went through the main story mode, half of Carnage DLC (more on that later) and finished the Enduro DLC. Haven't touched career or online.

Physics
Overall, the driving is an improvement over GRID 2019 (but still not as good as Autosport). The kerbs no longer spin you out for no reason, but I find the cars still feel too lifeless, with no sense of weight transfer of suspension movement. Also it feels like all cars grip the road like limpet now. Even with all aids off I struggle to get any sort of wheelspin or oversteer moments unless I really go full drift king mode. Autosport has more nuances, and more differences between cars. The weird thing is they simulated the asymmetric body roll on Trophy Trucks, so obviously there is a decently sophisticated suspension model under the hood. Why they chose to dumb down the rest of the cars, who knows?

FFB
FFB playing with T-GT, feels similar to 2019 and previous GRIDs. Typical floaty Codies feeling, even after turning on SAT forces & suspension to the max. Friction and tyre forces off (I find tyre forces only activate when you're standing still - it's that heavy feeling when you're trying to park your car IRL, not needed in racing situations). Not great, but it does the job for this kind of game.

AI
Playing with AI on Hard difficulty, it's your typical Codies racing game. I've played through every GRID game so I'm used to their sometimes OTT aggression. Beats GT's zombie AI for sure. The main problem is, the sticky collision physics that has plagued every Codies racing game makes side by side racing a pain sometimes.

Cars
Car selection is great, some pretty eclectic choices there like the AZ1 in addition to returning roster from 2019. Surprisingly I quite enjoyed the boost feature with electric cars. Some cars' relative performance are way off though and it's especially apparent in multi class racing. One of the enduro races has you in a Speed 8 against Group 5 cars, and they just blasted past you on the Fuji straight :lol: Oh dear. I know it's not a sim but come on. Also @PJTierney the AZ1 interior speedo is in km/h, but it's treated like mph in game. Might wanna fix that ;) Upgrade feature is ok but like previous GRID, probably not essential to win races. Car settings still very basic with combined front/rear settings unlike Autosport. Car sounds is where I feel they dropped the ball. It doesn't sound as good as previous games, and the volume is very muted, even after turning off music. What happened here?

Tracks
While mostly returning roster from previous games, it's a great selection so can't complain. Wish all point to point tracks were included though (Big Sur, Hong Kong and Cote d'Azur). My main complaint from 2019 was that the new city tracks are lacking in character compared to the older ones (e.g. San Fran, Dubai, Chicago), and it's the same here. Honestly they're all same 90 degree turns with only the trackside buildings changed. Weather effects have been improved but it would be nice if every second race isn't at night during monsoon season. Bloom is overdone like most Codies game. Trackside eye candy - this is acquired taste but I prefer the cleaner look of GT/AC instead of the OTT firework/spectators/balloons/confetti of GRID/Shift series. It's just way too distracting and contributes to every track looking the same. You need to let the environment and landscape "breathe", not oversaturated with common assets. One more thing: Bathurst is shocking in this game. So wide and flat. In previous games it wasn't 100% but at least it captures the feel. Now it feels like The Crew's Laguna Seca (youtube it if you don't know).

Story
I enjoyed the story more than I thought I would, so kudos to Codies for that. I'm not liking Carnage DLC. The sticky collision physics being the main cause, and I find it hard to deal enough damage within the race period. Demo derbies in previous GRID were fun with no objectives, this is just stressful. Enduro DLC is ok but sorely missing tyre wear from Autosport (notice a pattern?). Haven't tried career mode yet but at first glance it seems basic and repetitive like 2019. Also I can already see sponsor objectives being a massive grind (would be nice to know the rewards for completing each too). Proper team building also seems lacking? I can't see anywhere to select a teammate (even 2019 had this). And you can't set a livery for your team that automatically applies to all cars (unless I missed the option).

Conclusion & Future
That's all for now. Honestly I really enjoyed progressing thru the main story but now that's over, the rest of the game just feels like an expansion pack to 2019. Race Driver GRID still has a better career mode and Autosport still has the best handling, so Legends still falls short of what Codies should be capable of. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this. It meets expectations, but mostly because those expectations weren't that high to begin with.

I'll just leave this article here. @PJTierney maybe you could email it to every employee working on the next game. You guys really should revisit the oldest title in the series to understand what makes it great.

So I just found a bug that resets your progress if you switch between wheel/controller.
  • All sponsor progress wiped (even those that have been fully completed).
  • % progress in career wiped (but the trophies for races you've won stayed).
  • Story mode progress seems unaffected (the objective checkmarks are wiped, but trophies stay and you can replay any event).
  • Car upgrades, mechanic perks and team banner unlocks unaffected.

@PJTierney how did this get through QA and what's the ETA for a fix? Also will the fix be retrospective (i.e. will the completed sponsor objectives be returned or do I have to grind all over again?)

Last edited:
So I just found a bug that resets your progress if you switch between wheel/controller.
  • Story mode progress seems unaffected.

@PJTierney how did this get through QA and what's the ETA for a fix? Also will the fix be retrospective (i.e. will the completed sponsor objectives be returned or do I have to grind all over again?)
Can you post it on EA Answers forum (assuming there isn’t a thread already) please?

I know sponsor objectives have been tricky in the past so I’m sure this will be a priority.

Can you post it on EA Answers forum (assuming there isn’t a thread already) please?

I know sponsor objectives have been tricky in the past so I’m sure this will be a priority.
Just done that. Doubtful if things will get fixed.

A quick search shows numerous people having similar issues as far back as April, with lots of different triggers. No resolution offered so far so doesn't seem like a priority to me...

My patience with the series has been on thin ice since the last game and just like GT7, this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. It's just too much to expect a game to be working normally nowadays.

• Story mode progress seems unaffected (the objective checkmarks are wiped, but trophies stay and you can replay any event).
  • Car upgrades, mechanic perks and team banner unlocks unaffected.

Good thing I don't use a wheel.

Managed to nearly finish the season 2 Car-nage DLC except for the final event. Things got a lot easier once I realised your driver is granted three bars' worth of boost at t he start of each lap.
That’s news to me. Was that from an update? I might have to go revisit that content.

Good thing I don't use a wheel.
These are the guys that released the game with broken wheel face buttons if you had the nerve to leave your H-shifter connected. The recommended workaround was to dismount the wheel from the rig and unplug the shifter in order to play Grid. It took over a month to fix it.

That’s news to me. Was that from an update? I might have to go revisit that content.
I dunno. I only just started playing in earnest a few days ago. It still seems pretty hard to damage opponents so completing the final stage objective is tricky. I still haven't managed to score 6000 or whatever damage they require. Especially as flashbacks seemed to be disabled in Destruction Derby mode for me so it's difficult to find cars which present themselves to you side-on until you’ve rocketed past them.

Last edited:
Just done that. Doubtful if things will get fixed.

A quick search shows numerous people having similar issues as far back as April, with lots of different triggers. No resolution offered so far so doesn't seem like a priority to me...

My patience with the series has been on thin ice since the last game and just like GT7, this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. It's just too much to expect a game to be working normally nowadays.
This was posted elsewhere, may be of note:

1668528760851.png

Meanwhile:

Bring back Vintage Warmer.
(I know they won't bring back Vintage Warmer)

Last edited:
If people want the classic “Codies filter” look, fire up any recent F1 game, go to Photo Mode, and select the 2010 filter 😏

Might even be in Legends too since its Photo Mode is based on F1’s

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back