GRID 2019

I am reading about this game, and started to get worried. When I heard about new GRID I've got super excited, even planned to make pre-order, but information about content, dlc plans etc started to kill the expectation. It is like bucket of cold water. I understand that this game will be probably very good in terms of quality (it is Codemasters after all) but i personally hate their dlc plans. Codies should give us complete product and then make an DLC updates.

I am reading about this game, and started to get worried. When I heard about new GRID I've got super excited, even planned to make pre-order, but information about content, dlc plans etc started to kill the expectation. It is like bucket of cold water. I understand that this game will be probably very good in terms of quality (it is Codemasters after all) but i personally hate their dlc plans. Codies should give us complete product and then make an DLC updates.

I feel the same here to be honest.

Tracks have to be the most disappointing 12??? When most racing games are 20+ this is pretty pathetic.

I got excited that grid is going back to part 1 but the content and the dlc plans has now said to me not to get this game full priced.

As much as I'm hyped about this game, the 3 seasons should be included in the base game. After all those years just 12 trucks doesn't cut it. Especially when it is already known what is prepared for the "DLCs". After DR 2.0 dlcs this really doesn't look good (all rally dlc tracks are from DR 1).

Probably we will see the same here, each pack being mostly reused content + maybe some new addition. :boggled:

I was really looking forward to another Grid game but not like this.

Where are all the tracks from GAS ?
Where are the V8 Supercars ?
Why have they left it so late in the generation to release the latest installment ?

This seems just like Dirt Rally 2 ie complete lack of content.

Why can't they release a game with all of the previous content & a load of new stuff as well ?
They have all the assets & skill to do this, so frustrating.

I loved Race Driver Grid & Autosport but already the feeling of being ripped off is ever present.

A wait & see approach from me for sure.

+1

GAS had 22 Locations at release and GRID comes with 12... It´s a shame...

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/06/grid-autosport-track-list/

And also no drift mode listed in the official facts sheet... And i bet car setup and customization and the GAS livery editor are also gone -.-

Tbh everything except the boring F1 game goes downhill since Paul Coleman left the company last year. He was Chef Game Designer for 10 years and i liked all games that came out under his direction.

screenshot_6jejw4.jpg

screenshot_75jjtg.jpg

screenshot_8gvkfb.jpg

+1

GAS had 22 Locations at release and GRID comes with 12... It´s a shame...

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/06/grid-autosport-track-list/

And also no drift mode listed in the official facts sheet... And i bet car setup and customization and the GAS livery editor are also gone -.-

Tbh everything except the boring F1 game goes downhill since Paul Coleman left the company last year. He was Chef Game Designer for 10 years and i liked all games that came out under his direction.

screenshot_6jejw4.jpg

screenshot_75jjtg.jpg

screenshot_8gvkfb.jpg

Google Stadia? Interesting 💡

+1

GAS had 22 Locations at release and GRID comes with 12... It´s a shame... And also no drift mode listed in the official facts sheet... And i bet car setup and customization and the GAS livery editor are also gone -.-

I would say that drifting isn't my cup of tea at all but I found it surprisingly fun in GAS.

As for Paul Coleman I think your absolutely right, it goes to show that a few people can make the difference. I was late to the party last gen so played Dirt 2, Grid & Dirt 3 pretty much one after the other, these games were amazing & I thought CM were on top of the world, its been so sad to witness what has happened since..

I wish to see these cars on GRID.

2018 Audi RS 5 Coupe
2017 BMW M6 GTLM
2019 Audi R8 V10 Performance
Toyota TS050 Hybrid
Toyota GR Supra
Nissan GT-R 2017
Acura NSX 2017
Honda Civic Type-R (FK8)
Indycar
Ford GT 2017
Dodge Viper ACR
2018 BMW M8 GTE
2019 BMW M5 Competition
2018 Mclaren Senna
Porsche 911 GT2 RS 2018
2019 BMW M2 Competition
2017 BMW M2

Last edited:
I wonder if they plan to add more tracks, or these "Track Day Packs" are cars only?

It would be much more acceptable if tracks where free but I don't believe it.

I wonder if they plan to add more tracks, or these "Track Day Packs" are cars only?

After DR2.0 season pass it's better to not expect anything for free from Codies. I wouldn't expect any free tracks in Grid.

Only hope is that at least those packs would contain 1-2 tracks + some cars.

Its 2019 and the multiplayer still only holds 16 people ala PS3 era.

Also it spun off qualifying as its own race types and calls it "Hot Lap". Racing in ovals as Oval Racing. And 2 time trial modes which only difference is if the opponent is also on track or not.

For the record I enjoy Grid Autosport. I'll lower my expectations for this.

Its 2019 and the multiplayer still only holds 16 people ala PS3 era.

For the record I enjoy Grid Autosport. I'll lower my expectations for this.

16 players for multiplayer?

Yep just saw the fact sheet this is pathetic!!!

I wonder what excuses Codemasters had this time.

From that fact sheet, it does looks like they got rid of the stock road cars from previous games (hot hatch, coupe and supercars) and put them in DLC.

Also what is super trucks? I hope it is stadium super trucks, those might be fun.

Project Cars 2 also have 16 players
Assetto Corsa also have 16 players.

GT Sport in custom game also 16 players (more only in Daily races)

I think this is still standard in this generation mainly because of Peer 2 Peer system... PC2 on PC has 32 players.

From that fact sheet, it does looks like they got rid of the stock road cars from previous games (hot hatch, coupe and supercars) and put them in DLC.

Also what is super trucks? I hope it is stadium super trucks, those might be fun.

Yeah I think the same. That base GRID will be heavili race car focused, and they will add more street car series via DLC.

It isn't too bad for me actually, i prefer GRID to be more about race cars, but it is very bad info for road cars fans.

I really liked the first Grid back in the day and Grid 2 was kinda ok as well (IIRC, it was free on PS+ at some point?) but this looks like a waste of everybodys time and money and a good franchise name.

Stuffing cars together that dont belong (sort of new vs vintage Camaro) due to a shortage of content? Check.
Hilariously limited track selection (3 ovals at best, if the fictional tracks have some) but including tracks that have been done to death in other racing games (Brands, Silverstone) or look like out of place, over the top fictional stuff? Check.
Flying cars that shouldnt be flying one and a half meters in the air? Check.
Pointless marketing tie in? Sorry Fernando, but: Check.

Besides the Alfa 155, there really isnt much to write home about in this announcement. Everything else is either standard racing game or seems like a bad decision. To me, it seems like they are just going the entirely wrong way with this franchise (akin to Dirt 4) and most racing game fans would want instead would be TOCA Race Driver 4. A good, accessible but challenging mix of sim and arcade with some interesting content that isnt in every other circuit racing game. There are actually several interesting racing series out that that have not yet or at least not recently been properly portrayed in such a game, like Formula E, Super GT, Continental Sports Car Challenge, Supercars, WTCC etc. Such a game, I would buy in a heartbeat if it was any good. This mess that Grid has become, I am not on board with.

I highly doubt they'll give tracks out for free. If anything, they'll slot within the Seasonal content like they do with DiRT Rally 2.0; Every 4 weeks could introduce a new track.

Having 12 environments in total isn't a complete deal breaker (at least some of them are original courses), but given how many tracks Codemasters already have in the F1 games and GRID Autosport, it would be a wasted opportunity for some of those not to appear in this game.

I will wait for first opinions... I like this more movie/arcade concept of racing game. But the lack of content is concerning mainly the lack of tracks which is baffling. 70 cars are "okeyish" first GRID had less.

I highly doubt they'll give tracks out for free. If anything, they'll slot within the Seasonal content like they do with DiRT Rally 2.0; Every 4 weeks could introduce a new track.

Having 12 environments in total isn't a complete deal breaker (at least some of them are original courses), but given how many tracks Codemasters already have in the F1 games and GRID Autosport, it would be a wasted opportunity for some of those not to appear in this game.

Yeah probably it will work that way. I think this game should at least have 20 locations. For now it looks like very small game.

Yeah I think the same. That base GRID will be heavili race car focused, and they will add more street car series via DLC.

It isn't too bad for me actually, i prefer GRID to be more about race cars, but it is very bad info for road cars fans.

I will wait for first opinions... I like this more movie/arcade concept of racing game. But the lack of content is concerning mainly the lack of tracks which is baffling. 70 cars are "okeyish" first GRID had less.

I don't mind it being more focused on race cars when we have games like Forza and GT seem to care more about road cars but the 70-ish cars will probably end up with 3-4 cars per class which is pretty much the same car count per class compared to the older games.

I would prefer to have a bigger car count per class than having so damn many car classes.

I don't mind it being more focused on race cars when we have games like Forza and GT seem to care more about road cars but the 70-ish cars will probably end up with 3-4 cars per class which is pretty much the same car count per class compared to the older games.

I would prefer to have a bigger car count per class than having so damn many car classes.

I would definitely prefer more tracks than cars. I guess some classes will be more "varied" than others. GTE class for example: We already saw 3 different cars for this class: 911 RSR, 488 GTE and C7R i guess one more will come (my guess will be Ford GT-LM) and i hope we will get BMW M6 GTE and this would be ok. But some car classes will be probably "one make" this is my guess.

I will see if the game is good. If gameplay is solid i will buy it if not... well..

I would definitely prefer more tracks than cars. I guess some classes will be more "varied" than others. GTE class for example: We already saw 3 different cars for this class: 911 RSR, 488 GTE and C7R i guess one more will come (my guess will be Ford GT-LM) and i hope we will get BMW M6 GTE and this would be ok. But some car classes will be probably "one make" this is my guess.

I will see if the game is good. If gameplay is solid i will buy it if not... well..

More tracks is always better for a racing game but the confirmed track count is disappointing but if the fictional street routes are fun and has enough varied layouts I think it might be okay.

I did thought of some of them as single make classes like the Pro Trucks, Prototype and Formula J, that should get around 4-5 cars per class but overall it just feels weird that we are getting lesser content for a sequel.

Project Cars 2 also have 16 players
Assetto Corsa also have 16 players.

GT Sport in custom game also 16 players (more only in Daily races)

I think this is still standard in this generation mainly because of Peer 2 Peer system... PC2 on PC has 32 players.

I just realised that thanks for the heads up but the tracks for me are a deal breaker even if Spa or Monza are not in because 12 is pretty pathetic i dont mind tracks that were barely featured i videogames like Istanbul Park, Estoril, Macau, Brno and Enna Pergusa.

Back