GRID 2019

On the Steam page, getting the Ultimate Edition gets you seasons 1 to 3. Seeing as how that's what the Dirt games are doing for DLC, I think it's safe to assume this game will have the same set up for future DLCs

On the Steam page, getting the Ultimate Edition gets you seasons 1 to 3. Seeing as how that's what the Dirt games are doing for DLC, I think it's safe to assume this game will have the same set up for future DLCs

Man, only 650 pe in Argentina. I really wish Microsoft and Sony would implement similar policies as Steam. With the dollar at 45 pesos PS4 games are just ridiculously expensive for most people. Codies has lost a lot of sales just from the majority of people in my DiRT Rally league not being able to scrape together $4500 for DR 2.0.

Grid Autosport was brilliantly fun. Someday in a distant future, Polyphony will have AI (and damage - to add a grain of salt) to match the (solo) RACING experience.
That being said, NO VR, NO BUY (can even condescend with a shaded/oversimplified cockpit/interior).

The graphics look kinda nice but my word do those track layouts look weak and totally out of place with actual GT3 cars ramming... err, racing on them.

MotoGamesTV is definitely a great channel
Just looks like a higher quality version of Grid 1 without the Yellow-Brown Deus Ex Piss filter
Sounds, content and tracks however are looking pretty damn good
As one guy said, reboot of one of the best Arcade Racing Series In The world and some great sounds, how can it fail?

Sydney Motorsport Park made me get closer to the screen. With that and the TC cars, I'd buy it alone. However, doesn't look like the same standards as their F1 game. To add, all CM need to do, is remake ToCA, the V8 Supercar games and all can be forgiven.

Never played the first one but this looks like a remaster or something.
Not something I'd play with a wheel but rather, with a pad.

However, doesn't look like the same standards as their F1 game.
This^^
I know that we've seen barely nothing more than development footage, but if i must judge this game just by that video and the factsheet shared here before, it's just your run of the mill arcadeish racing game with unlicensed cars and series. I can already picture it on steam with a 80% off sale icon. This might be ok for an indie developer, not for a brand known for making racing games for more than 20 years tbh. From a "gamer" viewpoint, we can say that not every racing game offers the same thing: F1 for the exclusivity, GT for variety, NFS for the "action" and customization and Assetto Corsa for realism (take everything with a grain of salt) and while the first Grid was a cool concept, to "feel" like a racing driver taking gigs racing for other teams or representing your own colours in different categories and managing your teammate, this reboot struck me with how plain it looks: excels at nothing yet it's not "bad". Even that nemesis feature looks "scrawny"; i seem to notice that you can have only one nemesis at a time. I wish to be wrong but until we see more of the game there's not much to talk about.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a little disappointing to see the GTE Porsche being used in so much of the pre-release material, I think there will be a lot of people annoyed when they buy the game and find it's not included unless they've bought the DLC.

I just notice the fact sheet mention point-to-point races, so either the street tracks going to have a point to point variant or this is a piece of cut content:
Ow214qy.png

Some of my thoughts after watching the gameplay.

• San Fran has really gotten some mileage in the GRID games, but I'm kinda ok with it since it's my favorite street circuit, though I do miss Detroit from GRID 1.
  • While the graphics have improved considerably, I'm not a fan of the overall aesthetic. San Fran at sunset doesn't look good imo, and the track lacks the larger feeling of scale that the GRID 1 version had. I really, really hate the black/yellow barriers that line most of the Shanghai street circuit, they just look totally out of place on a street course. The nightime lighting looks a bit bland as well.
  • The nemesis system is nowhere near as annoying as I though it would be, thankfully. I like that the AI seems to wait for an opportunity to take you out, rather than go guns blazing right away. It seems to also open up room for you as a player to avoid those incidents if you're attentive.
  • Glad to see AI making mistakes again, makes the racing feel a bit more real.
  • The cars look like they have way too much grip. I get that the 911 RSR is a borderline prototype car as far as overall setup, but it looks like it has the handling model of GAS's F3 cars, but with more downforce and less oversteer. I'm curious if any driver assists were activated here.
  • Muscle car handling looks a bit...odd. The seem to have too much grip, but they also seem prone to understeer and in general just seem way too slow, despite being modified for circuit racing. I have a hard time believing that highly-modified, 500+ HP muscle cars just barely pass 180 KPH going uphill on San Fran. The fact that the modern Challenger and Camaro SSX seemed to keep this slow pace is also tough to swallow.
  • The Classic Muscle cars present should be buffed to have better acceleration and top speed, but be more prone to oversteer, which may be needed at times to rotate the cars around corners. The modern muscle cars should have moderate-high accel and top speed, but more agile and can hold a slide better. That way muscle cars are adequately faster, but there's a challenge to them, and a certain degree of dynamics involved when picking a car.
  • AAR Cuda is back, which makes me immensely happy.
  • I'm curious about this in-race point system, but it already looks like a distraction.
Overall, not really impressed with GRID, but I don't hate it either. Hopefully there's more improvements to be made between now and September, but as it stands, it's definitely not a day 1 purchase. Looks like it would be something to wait for reviews on and pick up during its first round of sales.

Last edited:
This has been a very very welcome surprise and I cannot wait to check this out when it drops.

FIA GTE Pro as a GT class is something different from the norm and a good inclusion.

Have been playing the original GRID on and off but now I've been getting into pretty hard this week. Nothing like painting up your car and entering the Le Mans Series in a Saleen to take the GT1 crown. That's what I really enjoyed about the first game and the second and third games didnt really hit the spot like the first one did. I hope they bring back the sponsorship mechanics from the first one as well as the ability to choose your own branding on your car.

happy to see the VW Gti TCR-hopefully we get a few TCR cars in a touring car class.

The presser releases describe Brands as a staple of the series and yet it wasnt in the first one...

Did someone mention the inclusion of Sydney Motorsport Park (otherwise known to Aussies as Eastern Creek)??

I was thinking. Grid 2019 had a lot of flaws... But the lack of Arcade racing games in this generation makes me still hyped about it.

What other options do we have? I like simulation games but they can be tiring sometimes. It is nice to have "less serious" racing game to relax. On PS4 we only have Driveclub (which is old now) Need For Speed series and The Crew series and that is about it, and both are completely different. Xbox users have better situation because of Forza Horizon but it is still something different. Grid fits perfectly now because there is no similar current generation game like that. I think I will buy it anyway. It will be good game definitely but with smaller content. Maybe DLC pack will get nice discounts :)

12 locations is just nowhere near enough, especially when half of them are fictional (and four of them street tracks too, which I generally can't stand). Pretty uninspiring car list so far as well.

This is looking a lot like a pass for me.

I was thinking. Grid 2019 had a lot of flaws... But the lack of Arcade racing games in this generation makes me still hyped about it.

What other options do we have? I like simulation games but they can be tiring sometimes. It is nice to have "less serious" racing game to relax. On PS4 we only have Driveclub (which is old now) Need For Speed series and The Crew series and that is about it, and both are completely different. Xbox users have better situation because of Forza Horizon but it is still something different. Grid fits perfectly now because there is no similar current generation game like that. I think I will buy it anyway. It will be good game definitely but with smaller content. Maybe DLC pack will get nice discounts :)

Exactly, arcade racing games are sparse enough as it is this generation and it is really disappointing to see constant criticism from those who have not played the game yet.

Like I said, I'm pretty much sold on this game already. I still would be if it ended up being a remaster of any of the previous instalments anyway! :D

Exactly, arcade racing games are sparse enough as it is this generation and it is really disappointing to see constant criticism from those who have not played the game yet.

Like I said, I'm pretty much sold on this game already. I still would be if it ended up being a remaster of any of the previous instalments anyway! :D

I also thought about this as Grid Remaster for current gen. I can play older titels on my old laptop, but I always wanted to play GRID on PS4 on big TV with 1080p resolution and 60 FPS... I only hope it will be good like the first one.

Visually it looks very dated, like early Xbox 360 overuse bloom and random flares, the shaders are very obviously not PBR compliant so it looks flat as hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it's shaky 30 fps on console as well, seems very ill-conceived in general, most of the original talent from those left a long time ago, so this a different team altogether, and 12 tracks is a joke any way you look at it.

Latest Posts

Back