Griffith 500 Understeer???? What?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TurboRegal
  • 66 comments
  • 5,555 views
An Fr car drifting? wierd,try hardening the rear spring rate , and when u go into settings go on driving aids and turn the tcs off and put the asm (understeer) up to about 15 (this makes the car oversteer a bit more.
 
I agree with the keeing the car stock. I remember the Griffith license test in GT3 on SS11. What a pig that was, but I kept at it and golded it. Amazing the improvement I managed with practise.

You should be careful comparing TVR models. I have a Tamora (similar to the T350), which is really great to drive, the Tuscan is much harder, more floaty suspension and more understeer. The Griffith is a monster.

The Griff has a big V8 with lots of low down torque. The Tam/T350 & Tuscan have the Speed6 with progressive torque. My car scares me when the rev counter goes past 5K, it seems to suddenly get even more acceleration.

Steven
 
live4speed
Just keep the car stock and drive it with better throttle control
Tried that last night and there's way too much body roll.. Increasing the Spring Rate above 10kg/m helped heaps..

I also needed another approach to gearing as traction is so easily broken at around 5k rpm. I had to add 10-20km/h over each gear to improve throttle control..

There is still the power down issue, though..
 
I think it handles great stock, put some N2 tyre's on set it to 0 ASM and 0 TCS and just watch your control inputs and the car's a rocket for something with 340bhp.
 
RXGem
I must use Sport Hard tyres as it's part of the formula my friends and I use to produce close battles and the car must also be able to lap Grand Valley Speedway in the 1:58's or 59 range..
Stock is not an option..
 
It would be cool if someone could try to make a setup for this car on Sport Hard tyres, any weight (0-3 weight reduction, and either 427 (stage 1 NA) or 387 HP.. I'll keep on trying tonight..
 
Like I said, keep the mechanicals stock, put N2's on and use good throtle control and racing lines and the car fly's.
 
Back