[GRO] Le Mans 1000km Race- Race Finished, congratulations to the Class Winners, Trevor and Fred!Finished 

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 53 comments
I will race with the 787B if i got the time
Yes, but you can't race with number #63, since the Group C numbers must be from #1 to #9. 👍

@Harsk100, might move to GT1. So I might make either Gr. C or GT1 sessions.
Well Trevor, if you move to GT1 Class, then you are able to attend only qualifying sessions 2 and 4. And the number of GT1 Class must be from #10 to #19. 👍

I'm going to have to pull out. My job clearly doesn't like me racing on weekends sadly.

I'm going to have to pull out. My job clearly doesn't like me racing on weekends sadly.
That's a shame, Sinyster, but have a nice work!

Anyways, today is Qualifying Sessions 1 and 2. Live Timing is enabled...

Sorry for 3rd post in a row, but here are the results for Qualification Session 1 and 2 of today.

Group C.JPG
GT1.JPG
mixed.JPG

Sorry for 4th post in a row, but it's officially confirmed that the Grid will be based in the their best lap times. Here are the following results of Qualifying Sessions 3 and 4!

Group C.JPG
GT1.JPG
mixed.JPG
order.JPG

Good luck for the race tommorrow. :cheers:

#77 please! :)

Name to add to the Grid list is Dan King by the way. ;)

Also, how does a 3:47.430 compare in GT1? Its my first lap with the car with no tune.

#77 please! :)

Name to add to the Grid list is Dan King by the way. ;)

Also, how does a 3:47.430 compare in GT1? Its my first lap with the car with no tune.
Sorry Storm, but the numbers for GT1 Class racing numbers (#) must be from #10 to #19.

I will be going with Clockwork Motorsports, yes.

Can I confirm tuning is allowed please? I just feel I may accidentally be handicapping myself.
Yes, tuning is allowed.

And please join the Global Racing Organisation Club, since the lobby will be set to "Club Only". 👍

Harsk, practice your damn restarts! I had NO time to react to you crapping your pants at a guy that weaved miles away from you because you bogged down like an idiot...

Don't ever, EVER use 4th gear on a restart either! 2nd or 3rd is MOOORE than adequate... christ dude.

Last edited:
Harsk, practice your damn restarts! I had NO time to react to you crapping your pants at a guy that weaved miles away from you because you bogged down like an idiot...

Don't ever, EVER use 4th gear on a restart either! 2nd or 3rd is MOOORE than adequate... christ dude.
Sorry if my restart was bad. I will try better next time...

Another thing, I went just over a second faster in the McLaren after a few practice laps, compared to my fastest race lap in the Panoz.

Clincher is I was running 610 bhp and 1060 kg and not the 640 / 1050 spec you did have. Ran a 3:38.708 after 4 laps of practice.

I like the variety, but if 3 of how ever many drivers are flocking towards one particular car straight away, it probably means it is super OP and needs massive fixing.

Another thing, I went just over a second faster in the McLaren after a few practice laps, compared to my fastest race lap in the Panoz.

Clincher is I was running 610 bhp and 1060 kg and not the 640 / 1050 spec you did have. Ran a 3:38.708 after 4 laps of practice.

I like the variety, but if 3 of how ever many drivers are flocking towards one particular car straight away, it probably means it is super OP and needs massive fixing.

That is partially my fault. We had one racer that requested the Panoz, problem was is that the car was not included in the original list for GT1, we used the BOP and car list from a previous event done on GTP.

I knew the Panoz could potentially be faster leaving it alone, but in testing I was running equal lap times with a stock hp and weight as the rest of the cars with BOP applied, what I really should have done was overhaul the entire GT1 BOP for the inclusion of the Panoz. Learning experience for the future, of what little we have left for GT6 before the new one comes out.

That is partially my fault. We had one racer that requested the Panoz, problem was is that the car was not included in the original list for GT1, we used the BOP and car list from a previous event done on GTP.

I knew the Panoz could potentially be faster leaving it alone, but in testing I was running equal lap times with a stock hp and weight as the rest of the cars with BOP applied, what I really should have done was overhaul the entire GT1 BOP for the inclusion of the Panoz. Learning experience for the future, of what little we have left for GT6 before the new one comes out.
I appreciate the honesty damon.

I like (very much) that the car was included. It's downfall I always knew would be the weight distribution and the power/weight combination... braking distances were long and turning was a bit of a tough one despite fantastic straightline speed.

Probably could have thrown an extra 50-100 kg on some of the GT1s as a precautionary... but as you stated its all learning for how to approach BoPing.

After several decisions for the penalties on Racing 2, we have decided that:

@Harsk100 has been awarded with a 30 second penalty due to a bad restart. So, the results are the following as it follows:

Congratulations for the class winners, Fred and Trevor!

Thanks for your participation on the GRO 2017 Le Mans 1000km Race and see you for the next endurance Race, which is set to be in Laguna Seca 200 Miles, 90 Laps. :cheers:

Back