Group B officially in the Daily Rotation

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 69 comments
  • 5,155 views

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Moderator
Messages
37,262
United States
Addison,Texas
Messages
GTP_RACECAR
Well I was under the impression this wouldn't happen, but it has:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180410020652.jpg

Yep, Group B in the Dailies.
 
Last edited:
I wonder if there will be rally tracks in the future. Really hard to see with the dirt coming from the front.
 
Does Gr.B even have a BoP? Iirc BoP always disabled itself when chaning to Gr.B in the lobbies :nervous:
 
Does Gr.B even have a BoP? Iirc BoP always disabled itself when chaning to Gr.B in the lobbies :nervous:
It doesn't. You can always set BOP to a car in Arcade Mode and Gr.B and Gr.X are the only classes with no BOP. I imagine tuning will just be turned off but that won't stop there being a car that is massively OP.
 
that'll be a penalty fest not worth the trouble.

Gonna be like sega rally (reboot 10 years ago). There would be carnage, but it would be fun.
 
I imagine tuning will just be turned off but that won't stop there being a car that is massively OP.
Tuning turned off however doesn't forbid boosting the car's power and lowering its weight :D
I can't be bothered to race that track tho, but I guess the Audi will be OP af :lol:
 
Tuning turned off however doesn't forbid boosting the car's power and lowering its weight :D
I can't be bothered to race that track tho, but I guess the Audi will be OP af :lol:
I would think they would also make it so that the "BOP" is just 100% power & weight for all cars, although you're right that the Audi would be the most OP car.
 
PD always try to give "fair" races. It's no sense if they don't apply BoP on GrB...
 
Maybe this is just PD letting the players know they are aware there is still rally in GTS?💡


And that (hopefully) improvements will be coming in the future. Though I’m probably be optimistic:indiff:
 
It´s for any Class B car or only for a certain one???
 
It´s for any Class B car or only for a certain one???
Seems like it’s for all of them. If it was just one specific Gr.B Car the it would’ve been advertised as a One Make.
 
Oe not going in there just back to S want to keep it......
 
Tuning turned off however doesn't forbid boosting the car's power and lowering its weight
I thought it did. Hmm. Will have to double check later!
 
I thought it did. Hmm. Will have to double check later!
Tuning the Power or lowering the weight is restricted. It’s bop so i‘d Say any gr.B should have a good chance of competing. I just did a few qualifying laps and the Leaderboards don’t seem to prefer a specific Car.At least not yet. I gave the NSX a try and it did pretty well.
 
Do you get to cut half the track in a rally car?

And for this reason I will never enter a race on this track until it's fixed.

How can PD release a new class daily race when the track is as exploitable as it is...
 
And for this reason I will never enter a race on this track until it's fixed.

How can PD release a new class daily race when the track is as exploitable as it is...

They probably think because it's now the reverse version you can't cut it but you likely can, just maybe not in the same place. :lol:
 
They probably think because it's now the reverse version you can't cut it but you likely can, just maybe not in the same place. :lol:

In all fairness I didnt even notice it was reverse!

Are the cheaters still out there in Willow Springs II?
 
For fun, I tried a stock VW Samba Bus on Fisherman's Ranch and that was pretty cool. Maybe have that as a primer to future dailies featuring rally courses?
 
Last edited:
Tuning the Power or lowering the weight is restricted. It’s bop so i‘d Say any gr.B should have a good chance of competing. I just did a few qualifying laps and the Leaderboards don’t seem to prefer a specific Car.At least not yet. I gave the NSX a try and it did pretty well.

So in reverse do you actually have to do a full lap or can you still cut half of it out?
 
So in reverse do you actually have to do a full lap or can you still cut half of it out?
Haha, you‘re asking this question the wrong one. I personally don’t even try these ridiculous cuts. Also the track limits seem to work very good here, and I didn’t notice any Leaderboard times being suspicious.
 
So in reverse do you actually have to do a full lap or can you still cut half of it out?
I don't think there are any cutting options here. In the most obvious place I think people would try, I braked a bit too late and went off track and was re-spawned back on track pretty fast in the same place.
 
Haha, you‘re asking this question the wrong one. I personally don’t even try these ridiculous cuts. Also the track limits seem to work very good here, and I didn’t notice any Leaderboard times being suspicious.

Haha I'd never accuse you of such cuts my friend. Just curious to see if its still taken place and if you had watched any top10 replays where it is taking place
 
I don't think there are any cutting options here. In the most obvious place I think people would try, I braked a bit too late and went off track and was re-spawned back on track pretty fast in the same place.

Haha have to admit I chuckled at your profile picture

EDIT: Sorry admin I've double posted :banghead:
 
Good to see Gr.B finally getting some love in Sport Mode, about time, should hopefully make for some fun racing.
 
I don't think there are any cutting options here. In the most obvious place I think people would try, I braked a bit too late and went off track and was re-spawned back on track pretty fast in the same place.
I hate that. I can collect it and get back on track safely and a hell of lot quicker than being plucked up and dropped and starting from a freakin' stand still.
 
Back