Group B officially in the Daily Rotation

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 69 comments
  • 5,155 views
I would love a Group B race on a "big circuit" like Lake Maggiore GP, Dragon Trail or Suzuka.
 
Which is the best car?? The Audi Pike´s Peaks??
 
I tried it, and it's an SR killer. I started last without qualifying and ended up 4th because most everyone quit. The reverse layout is one of the worst choices for Gr.B. It has no flow to it, is way too narrow for the rally cars, and we're stuck with sports soft tires.
 
Which is the best car?? The Audi Pike´s Peaks??
I don‘t think there‘s a certain best Car for this specific track. It’s a very technical track with a comparably short start/finish straight. So i‘d say just jump in any Car and give it a try.
Like I always say, it’s not so much about a specific Car, it’s about the driver behind the Wheel :)
 
That went terrible.

S/S to A/B. Some incidents were my fault but it mostly went wrong when I got punted on Lap 1, ended up in mid-field. Unpredictable drivers braking on the racing line etc from then on. Then got purposely taken out on final lap. Great.
 
This is a bad idea, I guess PD threw it in there for those who were clamoring for it just to prove a point. This type of racing cannot work with the current penalty system in place, and PD should have made it more like time trial or something but racing together on such a tight track with people who have no fear of crashing is a recipe for disaster. I wouldn't touch a race like this with a ten foot pole. Based on how folks race with race built machines with grippy tires on wide courses, this can only mean chaos on such a narrow course with bad sight lines for upcoming corners.
 
I don‘t think there‘s a certain best Car for this specific track. It’s a very technical track with a comparably short start/finish straight. So i‘d say just jump in any Car and give it a try.
Like I always say, it’s not so much about a specific Car, it’s about the driver behind the Wheel :)

Thanks!! :) This version of the track is the reverse version from the original Willow Springs - Streets of Willow Springs race???
 
I don’t know exactly what its Name is, but it’s the one that looks like a love toy for the lonely Man :D
 
I don’t know exactly what its Name is, but it’s the one that looks like a love toy for the lonely Man :D


For some... Lonely man... not for all... and maybe also some lonely girls... possibly.... not??

upload_2018-4-10_18-23-29.png
 
Group B with sport soft tires :odd:
 
I hate that. I can collect it and get back on track safely and a hell of lot quicker than being plucked up and dropped and starting from a freakin' stand still.
THHHHHHHAAAAAAANNNNNKKKKK YOU! especially in tracks with escape road's (Cough Monza) & in reck fest races (Cough GR.1 Cough).
 
I definitely won't be lonely enough to use that certain phallic object. Looks like it would hurt.
This hurts.. much more...


Footage of race today... All finished with red dot...


 
So in reverse do you actually have to do a full lap or can you still cut half of it out?

I've been on it all afternoon and not seen anyone do any cutting.
 
This hurts.. much more...


Footage of race today... All finished with red dot...

Yeah hurt more than getting hit over the head with that "willow" object.

 
Should I even try the race, I slide a bit.
 
One of the most fun dailies ive participated in in a long while, even managed a penalty free race (no red dot) and the cars are a ton of fun as well, loving my NSX GrB, feels at home here :D
 
Just watched #1 on Leaderboard and that pitiful Dude found an exploit on the track. I just laughed so much after I saw his honorless track cutting, just ridiculous. And once again, it seems like an awesome track has been ruined for the dailies by some Clown :boggled:. I honestly ask myself how and why some Folks decide to even try looking for these kind of stuff. It’s these kind of People that disrespect the Drivers with integrity. Shame on them.
 
Just watched #1 on Leaderboard and that pitiful Dude found an exploit on the track. I just laughed so much after I saw his honorless track cutting, just ridiculous. And once again, it seems like an awesome track has been ruined for the dailies by some Clown :boggled:. I honestly ask myself how and why some Folks decide to even try looking for these kind of stuff. It’s these kind of People that disrespect the Drivers with integrity. Shame on them.

I knew they'd be one, just shocked it took so long for someone to find it. They should be banned for it really but likely nothing will happen and next time this track appears the entire top ten will cut the track.
 
All that cutting for less than 2 seconds gain? Jeez, and from a S/S driver too.

Surely a system of 'you are off the track, invalid lap' is possible. I'd prefer a strict system for qualifying lap, as opposed to this nonsense.

I also wouldn't mind a one lap qualifying system before daily races, in place of warm-up. It would provide variation and truly test people. Rather than the system of 'how far can you push the track limits'. Where the current qualifying just is 'practice'.
 
I assumed that the rally cars would be used on rally tracks. How wrong I was. :( :lol:
 
All that cutting for less than 2 seconds gain? Jeez, and from a S/S driver too.

Surely a system of 'you are off the track, invalid lap' is possible. I'd prefer a strict system for qualifying lap, as opposed to this nonsense.

I also wouldn't mind a one lap qualifying system before daily races, in place of warm-up. It would provide variation and truly test people. Rather than the system of 'how far can you push the track limits'

Yes and the best part is in general the race system for track limits is stricter than qualifying, makes sense doesn't it. :lol:
 
I tried one race in today's Gr.B daily, I got the clean race bonus money but every other car in the race had the red dot for a time penalty, how much of that you can blame on the car I'm not sure, Micky Mouse tracks like that just don't encourage clean racing.
 
Ran a couple races last night in the Pikes Peak, it wasn't too bad if you start near the front. Should have won a race but 2nd place decided he wanted a win and punted me off on last lap. Switched to the 86 and lowered my Q time to 1:15:105. I think I will try some more tonight in this car. I seem to remember another daily with the GrB cars awhile back. It was Big Willow I believe, that was a fun drive.
 
Gr.B has already been in daily races.

 
Last edited:
One of the most fun dailies ive participated in in a long while, even managed a penalty free race (no red dot) and the cars are a ton of fun as well, loving my NSX GrB, feels at home here :D

That was a great daily! Nice to switch things up a bit every once in a while.
 
Gr. B in Sport Mode? Oh Cool! ... streets of willow... ehhhh no thanks! :lol:
 
Yes, good ol‘ times. It was during the GT Beta Phase short before it’s official Launch in October 17th. All the Dailies had larger grids back than. I liked it more, especially the One Make Grids with At least 16-20 Drivers, Gr3 and 4 even had 24 Car Grids. Sadly, Pd decided to decrease the amount of Cars, maybe because of Server issues, idk :confused:
 
Back