Group b rally cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeltaS4
  • 82 comments
  • 9,195 views
Ooooh. RS200s as far as the eye can see. But my ideal group B garage would be a RS200 + Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 and a Metro 6R4. Oh, and a Lancia 037 :drool: .
 
Dew
Not quite sure - but it's got the big roof intakes. It broke down outside my old man's house on the way to a track day.


lol. Kinda like what happened to them all the time on the courses. Junk then, junk now.

*Speaking in father advice voice*
"Remember kids, 700 bhp is REAL nice...........but 150 horses and not broken is better!"
 
you can really tell where the budget was small with the rs200 what a variety of colours
 
Some one mentioned the 037 earlier. Has it been seen in game? I've been waiting for it.
 
No trhe 037 is not in GT4, neither is the Quattro S1 👎.
 
live4speed
No trhe 037 is not in GT4, neither is the Quattro S1 👎.

Damn!!!!!

Well here is a permanent host for climb dance. It is the file listed as "Ari Vatanen with Peugeot 405T16 on Pikes Peak Hillclimb". Eventually the yousendit will expire.

edit: whoops forgot to drop the link look down
 
Ive always been a GrpB nut since I was a kid. The Delta S4 is my favorite machine ever. I would have liked to have seen the GrpS version in action.
 
I have Peugeot 205 T16 evo 2, and when I compared it to a group b rally vid, it sounded identical. 👍 this car is quite hard to handle on tarmac.. especially when it goes way over 240mph when fully tuned!

I also have Ford RS200, that is great to drive on tarmac, it turns easily and accelerates like it would have rocket up in its boot, but so does T16. I don't have Delta S4 yet, , but I intend to have it soon.

btw, please, someone tell me where I can get 205 T16 road car? it doesn't appear on any prize car lists and it can't be bought.. I tried it in arcade mode, it's wonderful to drive.. :drool: I need this car badly. :nervous: help me, Oh-Be One, you're my only hope.. :lol:
 
Leonidae
btw, please, someone tell me where I can get 205 T16 road car? it doesn't appear on any prize car lists and it can't be bought..


205 T16 road car appeared in the Used car section on day 569 for me, the only time I've seen it... hope that helps
 
HermS
205 T16 road car appeared in the Used car section on day 569 for me, the only time I've seen it... hope that helps

WHAA?! :eek: oh no.. :guilty: I'm way past day 700..... :( well, I guess I have to wait till day 1138 arrives.. :nervous: :banghead:
 
hellnback
Well a road car 205, 1st evolution of it as rally, then 'the beast', the 205 T16 Evolution 2 :D

All good...

RS200 good too, probably on par with 205 T16 E2 as my favourite Group B...

Can't wait to see a pic of Audi Quattro Sport S1...
I saw the audi in at the start of the second special event, I say the start cos I smashed it.
 
film Climb Dance is greit flick wasnt vatanen driving on that movie?
 
Hemmo
film Climb Dance is greit flick wasnt vatanen driving on that movie?

yes he was. I also have "ordinary" T16 group b rally-vid, where T16 just flies past porsche :lol: there's also evo2 version in it too. blimey, it's a fast car.. :eek:
 
If you are looking for a great group b experience in GT4 then I think you are gonna be dissapointed. At least I was. Not that I was expecting any from PD in the 1st place. What good is a group b or any rally car if rally experience isn't there to begin with. IE no co-driver or long winding stages. All there is are circuits that happen to have dirt and snow on them. Your car is locked down on the course and cannot go off road and your car cannot get damaged. I remember one time I was going sideways with my audi Q on a racing line and I clipped the invisible wall in the side of the road spinning my car and making me face the opposite direction. I was pissed.

IMG0078.jpg








But ah yeah, I'll let you know about the delta when I get it. :)
 
Hmm you guys all seem to have missed out the Nissan 240RS as one of the Group B cars in GT4. Although one of the lesser-known competitiors, it qualified for Group B since 200 road cars were homologated (the road car is also in GT4) but wasn't very successful at the time because it was rear wheel drive.

240rs_WEB.jpg


Also have you noticed that you are unable to buy a supercharger for the Delta S4, only the turbo upgrades. Shame really as the duel supercharger-turbocharger engine was the unique feature of this car.
 
What race do i need to do to win the road going rs200? i have always loved this car....................long live reliant engineering!! god saying that just seems wrong
 
My experiences of group B cars in GT4 this far:

Peugeot 205 T16: excellent to drive on asphalt, if driver assists are off. it's able to do stabile, short awd-drifts in corners, and it has enough power to leave few cars who has bit more power/gears. try it out in arcade mode. :dopey: 👍 :O :lol:

T16 evo 1/2 fast, nimble, and unstable at high speed. exellent on gravel, not so good in tarmac. :nervous: I wish it would handle better.. I need still adjust it's suspension and such..

Ford RS200: doesn't belong onto gravel, doesn't turn no matter what you do, but is excellent on tarmack. increase body rigitity and it blasts corners like a go-kart. this applies for both models. 👍 :dopey: :D

Lancia delta: well, I haven't tried out that '92 rally car yet.. and i still haven't been able to get S4. but I'll keep trying. :grumpy: :mad: :irked: :banghead:
 
Watch my signature videos, you get image of real Delta S4's chargersound..... :) :) The white ones are tuned.
 
DeltaS4
Someone who has the game please drive two cars: Lancia Delta S4 and Audi Quattro Sport S1 and then tell me:

Who realistic engine sounds are?

Can you hear well supercharger sound in delta especially when lifting gas?

Who fast those cars are?

Are they hard to drive?

Specs in game?

Does Audi do lots of backfire?

Picture of Audi (no matter how bad quality)?

And some other questions:


Banking system?

MG Metro 6r4 or Lancia rally 037?

Group b events?

Again please answer or put link. :rolleyes:

Well, i got the delta S4 finally but i'm not liking how it sounds when compared to other S4s in other games like Colin Mcrae and Rallisport Challenge 2. The s4 really has no distinct sound and sounds exactly like the 205 or the RS200. From what I remember, all three cars are supposed to sound different.

The b cars don't have superchargers I think... They have turbo and thats what you hear. Sounds like tttttsssssuuuu or like compressed air when you release the throttle.

They are not hard to drive when compared to RSC2 or CMR05

Don't have any pix of the Audi but I have these.

IMG0099.jpg


IMG0103.jpg


IMG0100.jpg
 
Back