Group b rally cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeltaS4
  • 82 comments
  • 9,195 views
NEO-EP3R
I think I saw that very same RS200 at Castle Combe race circuit 2 years ago. It was a Rally Super Car day event. That thing was absolute monster on track.

Yeah I saw it on it's first competitive outing in Queenstown's GoldRush (as it was called then, now called Race To The Sky) in 1999. The thing was a beast then and hit 127mph (or was it 137...) down the 500m short straight about 2-3km into the 15km, 137 corner course that went from about 1400ft to just over 5000ft... Unfortunately it caught fire on one of the qualifying/practice runs and the damage it sustained meant it couldn't be fixed in time for Race Day.

Since then it's been developed abit more...

It'd be good to have more Pikes Peak machinery in GT4... this RS200, Rod Millens Celica & Tacoma, Vatanen's Peugeot 405 T16 and Audi Quattro's Sport S1 Pikes Peak for instance...
 
Mercedes SLR, it was rumoured to be in GT4 before it's release, but as of yet remains unseen, so don't hold your breath...
 
:odd: Try to put extra wing to Delta S4 and I will come to your house and... :mad:

Just kidding.

Official names are:
Lancia Delta S4 (Delta written as Greek alpha you see it on the back of car)
Audi Quattro SPORT S1

Peugeot would be better to handle because:
It's short 👍
Engine in the middle of car 👍
Wheels in the corners 👍

Delta HF Integrale (Group A)
Short too 👍
Engine in the front 👎

But in real life Delta HF Integrale would have better suspensions so...

justin_tyme, drive your S4 soon as you can and tell all your experiences!!!

Tell me is Delta S4's sound close to real (very loud supercharger etc.)

Audi S1 would be hard to drive if it's same kind that it is real life, you must turn it with power... It has longitunar front engine wheels are not in the corners etc.

What about that driving, does it feel like real rallying, is ice slipery etc. ?

Somewhere was told that every car feels different, is it so?

Almost all Group b cars are listed in my home page.
P.S Autot = Cars
 
hellnback
Mercedes SLR, it was rumoured to be in GT4 before it's release, but as of yet remains unseen, so don't hold your breath...

Errr... The McLaren Mercedes SLR IS in GT4. It'll cost you 61,000,000cr.


Samberto.... Ooooooooh, Samberto.... *orders airstrike*
 
First of all: the jumping screenshot of the RS200 is amaaaaazing!!!!! :D

Second: an RS200 with an extra wing is CRAPPY UGLY (the real an GT4 one), it's DESECRATION!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :sick:

Third: When I was a young boy (5years old), I saw cars like lancia 037 and of course the Ford RS200 (Belga). It think it's the one of the nicest motorsport memento's in my life, I love those cars!!!! :dopey: :dopey:

Greetz,
HaCo

PS.: Hope the sounds will be good-real in the game...
 
Famine
Errr... The McLaren Mercedes SLR IS in GT4. It'll cost you 61,000,000cr.

Samberto.... Ooooooooh, Samberto.... *orders airstrike*

Re-read, the chap’s name is SLR. He was asking about the Quattro rally car. I’m off to paint something brown…
 
Quite right. See the mess incorrect punctuation can cause? :D
 
hellnback
Yeah I saw it on it's first competitive outing in Queenstown's GoldRush (as it was called then, now called Race To The Sky) in 1999. The thing was a beast then and hit 127mph (or was it 137...) down the 500m short straight about 2-3km into the 15km, 137 corner course that went from about 1400ft to just over 5000ft... Unfortunately it caught fire on one of the qualifying/practice runs and the damage it sustained meant it couldn't be fixed in time for Race Day.

Since then it's been developed abit more...

In the October '04 issue of Evo they tested Stig Blomqvist's 900bhp RS200 Evolution.

Here are the acceleration figures:

RacyBacy-RS200001.jpg


Check out the 60 - 80 time in 3rd! :scared:
 
Yeah RacyBacy I read that article, they said it quite simply was the fastest car that they'd ever tested, period. (Obviously in terms of acceleration...). Where it set the speed trap time at the hillclimb was the only section with a slight downhill gradient. It'd be awesome if Pikes Peak cars like this were modelled afterall we have the Escudo...

Famine: Sorry to confuse you with an earlier post... (Actually I'm not :P )
 
The Audi Quattro Sport S1 Rally Car ('85) is not in Gran Turismo 4. I haven't seen it on any of the confirmed car lists.

There is an Audi Quattro '82 road car though.
 
Mercedes SLR
Is the race tuning body's still in like in GT1/2 where you could buying a full body upgrade to look like a race car? If it is, maybe someone could try it with the stock Audi Quattro and see if you can turn it into the S1 rally car.



nope it c'ant be done because the S1 has a shorter weel-base than the the '82 quattro, its a different car
 
audi quatti
nope it c'ant be done because the S1 has a shorter weel-base than the the '82 quattro, its a different car

Yes and original quattro also has a bigger engine. Not much but...

Damn those replicas were real looking! Maybe too good replicas... Exhaust place is different. That's only difference I noticed fast.
 
Good to see a couple of kiwi's in the forum. Seems that I am not the only one who wants to play gt4 for the group b's.

I have been a fan of the B's since the early 80's ... infact the Audi Quattro was the first car I really wanted but I can't remember them driving past my gate on a road section during the annual Rally of New Zealand. However I have been fortunate to see a Metro R64 and a 205 t16 in action in the Targa of New Zealand.

Becasue GT4 will be released in NZ late Feb 2005 I have been preparing watching dvd's like "Worlds Greatest Rally Cars" and "Too Fast to Race". "Still Too Fast to Race" is enroute to my house as we speak!

I look forward to seeing some more GT 4 screen shots and videos!
 
Famine
Sure, if you want me to come round your house and beat the living **** out of you.

A wing on a Ford RS200? I ask you. What next? A brown F40?

Do you want Stig Blomqvest address?
 

Attachments

  • Pikes Peak RS200e (840bhp) Rear.JPG
    Pikes Peak RS200e (840bhp) Rear.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Pikes Peak RS200e (840bhp) Front.JPG
    Pikes Peak RS200e (840bhp) Front.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 87
HaCo
Stig or not... it's damn ugly! :D

It may be ugly, but it wasn't designed for looks. The wing is needed - it's not for show like you see on every other boy racer puddle jumper.
 
Scaff
Do you want Stig Blomqvest address?

Yeah, monster machine doesn't begin to describe that thing. Stig is one fearless bloke. EVO magazine drove a few issues back, great read if you can find it.
 
pinball1973
Yeah, monster machine doesn't begin to describe that thing. Stig is one fearless bloke. EVO magazine drove a few issues back, great read if you can find it.

Have that issue of EVo (excellent piece) but I was also lucky enough to see the car at Castle Coombe Rally supercar day a few years ago (those pictures are mine).

As you can see from the picture below, they also took weight reduction on the interior to a new level; who needs a dash at Pikes Peak, you won't have time to look at it so why bother.

Anything that can spin the wheels in the first four gears on a dry race track is a monster.
 

Attachments

  • Pikes Peak RS200e (840bhp) Interior.JPG
    Pikes Peak RS200e (840bhp) Interior.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Programme.JPG
    Programme.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 90
That really dont look good but I think its needs all those wings to stay in track. I still like to normal B group cars more,a lot more. Couple days ago I was close to get a Lancia Rally 037 evo2 by pretty cheap but then it was sell to someone else who offered a lot more and I decided to give up so still looking a B group car to buy. There is damn many MG metros available but I am not intrested to them,now I collect more money and will then buy a car I really want(my favs).

Anyway the B group cars deffinately was one of the best rally cars ever done. This days WRC cars have better tyres and parts what makes them to go faster. I have just always thinked how fast a B group car could be with new tyres and with other new things what would be find to WRC car. One of my friend have 600 hp Toyota Corolla WRC and its totally an insane vehicle,he hasnt got it to work well as he says it has too much power and everytime some parts broke.
 
Any new experiences????? Please someone drive Delta S4!!!
 
jezwold
Good to see a couple of kiwi's in the forum. Seems that I am not the only one who wants to play gt4 for the group b's.

I have been a fan of the B's since the early 80's ... infact the Audi Quattro was the first car I really wanted but I can't remember them driving past my gate on a road section during the annual Rally of New Zealand. However I have been fortunate to see a Metro R64 and a 205 t16 in action in the Targa of New Zealand.

Yea that Peugeot is an incredible car. I don't think it has ever finished the Targa though :lol: .
 
Yeah you've got to love the old Group B cars and it's a shame there isn't an unlimited class today. It's kind of hard to pick a favourite Groub B car as they were all so good but If I had to it would be the Audi as the were the pioneers of 4wd rallying.

That Pikes Peak RS200 is ill the Evo magazine artice on it was great and I'm suprised that the Pikes Peak isn't an even on the WRC calender becasue that would be great to see!.

BTW Pikes Peak fans please tell me you have all seen the short film Climb Dance with the Peugot 405 T16?

Where's Pikes Peak in GT4? I thought all the tracks from previous games were in GT4?
 
i saw the film Climb Dance and it is great !!!!!!! that 405 pikes peak is realy fast !! and the sound is superb
but it is sat that the car isnt in the game :guilty:
 
Mercedes SLR
Can it be done on any other cars?


i dont think so because group B rally cars are all totally different than stock production cars, there is 1 who lookes verry much on its stock version and that is the S1 but he has a shorter weel-base and has a smaller 20 valve engine, some otther group B cars are based on mid-engined tupe-chassis like the T16 and the S4 thej have nothing in commin with normal cars
 
Gilly
BTW Pikes Peak fans please tell me you have all seen the short film Climb Dance with the Peugot 405 T16?
Yep, if ayone hasn't I'd happily upload the vid to yousendit.com and post the download link here.
 
Yep I'd like to see that video. The Race modifications were a nice addition in GT1 & 2 but I'm not going to lose sleep over it!
 
If you want to make replicas, take of course 205 for 205 T16 and for S4 replica you need FIAT Ritmo because S4 is originally based on that car!!!! I saw Ritmo some time ago and it really have little bit same shapes. Of course engine etc is the other thing, Delta
S4 has 1759cc engine and I think Fiat doesn't have many 1,7 litre engines from 80s. (I'm not sure) Audi is a bit harder because Audi Quattro Sport is own model and there's only ~200 of them...

But back to the game, has anyone already drove S4?? :rolleyes:

And I want to ask, those who say that rallying is not good in GT4, is it because you can't enter to the hairpins 200 km/h any more?!? :lol: I gave Prologue to Finnish rally driver Jari-Matti Latvala and I hope he tells how realistic it is!
 
Back