[GSCC] GT Global Sports Car Championship | S2 Finished! Miata13b and Ares 85 are you series champs!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 270 comments
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
Welcome to Season 2 of the
Global Sports Car Championship!

The Concept
Welcome to the Season 2 thread for the Gran Turismo Global Sports Car Championship! This will be a multi - class, sports car endurance series. There will be no prototypes, only two classes of sports cars. Group A will be made of GT3 racers, and Group B will be a one make class.

We currently run on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights, Eastern Standard Time in the US (GMT -4). Tuesdays and Wednesdays are dedicated to practice and tuning, while Thursday is race day! Rooms on all 3 days open up at 11:30 pm (EST). Please see the series specifications for more details below.

**Racing will begin in July. The month of June will be used for final testing and discussions. We are still preseason, so everything is still subject to change.

Find our club in GT6!
Group #: 1007109

The Classes

We will be running with two classes on track at the same time. The two classes are GT3 and GT Challenge. GT3 really needs no introduction if you're familiar with this iteration of Gran Turismo. They are fantastic race cars to drive from some of the world's top brands. Please see our regulations down below for all information.

GT Challenge (GTC for short) will be a one - make spec category. These cars will be slower than GT3 (depending on the track, it's about 10 seconds a lap.) But the upside is that the vehicle is very easy to drive, which will allow for great racing for both new and experience drivers. The car for this category will be the TVR Tamora '02.
Base tunes will be provided for this category once we get rolling.

Please scroll to Post #2 for full information of cars.

Important Posts
Links below.

CARS: Post 2
DRIVER SIGN UPS: Post 3
SCHEDULE: Post 4
RESULTS/POINTS: Post 5

Race Format

For Tuesday & Wednesday nights:

Practice/testing/tuning free for all! All drivers will be allowed for both practice sessions. Showing up to both sessions will not be mandatory, although we'd love to see you!
Rooms will open at about 11:30pm EST USA, and last until about 1:00am.

For Thursday nights:
  1. 11:30pm -- Room opens up for warm up.
  2. 11:40pm -- Systems check to make sure everyone can see each other on track. This will consist of us as a group rolling out to some point on the track after the pits to confirm all players are on track for everyone (it's been an issue for us in the past). This will give people time to exit and rejoin, if need be.
  3. 11:45pm -- Qualifying. The open session will last for 15 minutes. Qualifying will be on Racing Hard tires ONLY for both classes.
  4. Main Race immediately after qualifying. Grid will be set by qualifying order, with a false start check. Race will be 90 minutes in length.
  5. Tire Rules: This goes for both classes. For all events, drivers will be allowed to race with the Racing Hard and the Racing Medium tires only. As stated above, qualifying MUST be on the hard tire, which means that you must also start the race on the Hard tire. After the start of the race, you will be allowed to change to the Mediums whenever you feel. All 4 tires MUST be the same compound at all times. There are no requirements to change tire compounds. They're there if you want them. There will also be no minimum number of pit stops to complete. Get to the end of 90 minutes on whatever strategy you come up with.
**You will not be allowed to change tires during qualifying. Part of the rooms check will be to ensure that every driver is starting on the Hard tire. We will also be able to check the replay as see what tires everyone starts the race on. A driver who starts the race on the Medium tire will be automatically disqualified for that round, and dropped to last place in class for that round.

Points System (for both classes)

1st – 10 pts.
2nd – 9 pts.
3rd – 8 pts.
4th – 7 pts.
5th – 6 pts.
6th – 5 pts.
7th – 4 pts.
8th – 3 pts.
9th - 2 pts.
10th - 1 pt.

Classes will be capped at 10 drivers max.

In the event of a disconnect, that disconnected driver will receive last place points, based on the number of drivers in that class that day. For instance, if there are 6 drivers in your class, and you DC, you will receive 6th place points.

Racing Etiquette

A good guide line to always follow is the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules. To be direct, race smart and race clean. All drivers will be expected to keep two wheels on the track at all times. This certainly includes overtaking. But hey, we're all racers. We know that accidents can happen, even to the best racers. If you feel like you cut the track to make a pass, or rammed into someone to gain a position, you will be expected to give the position back. If you feel there was an incident that should be reviewed, let me (Flip55 on GTP) know through a private massage with the lap number (and if you can provide the corner, that would also help), and the incident will be reviewed. Point penalties may result.

Lapping Slower Drivers / Being Lapped

**GT CHALLENGE DRIVERS AT NO POINT EVER HAVE TO 'JUMP' OUT OF THE WAY OF GT3 DRIVERS COMING TO LAP THEM. It is the responsibility of the faster car to safely make the move. I will leave moves up to the driver's discretion, but in general, you are not required to pull over for the faster class.

**For drivers about to lose a lap to the leader WITHIN THEIR OWN CLASS, you are expected to give way to lead drivers in the safest way possible, or at least not give them a hard time about it. It is also the responsibility of the lead driver to complete the pass in the safest way possible, as in the above case.

**Please remember that we will not run with penalties on for this series. Reason why is because lapped cars ghost, which sort of defeats the purpose of having a multi class series.

How to Join In

Those interested in joining should either reply to the thread or send @flip55 a PM with the following information:

***GT3 has hit its maximum driver cap. We are not taking GT3 sign ups at the moment. Only reserves are available.***
GTC is still open.

For Group A
PSN ID:
Group A
Car:
Car Number:

For Group B
PSN ID:
Group B
Car Number:

**FOR CAR NUMBERS:
Please refrain from selecting the following numbers, as not to cause confusion:
#1 (BMW M3 GT)
#3 (Phoenix Racing Audi R8 LMS)
#5 (Playstation Audi R8 LMS)
#79 (BMW ALMS Colors)

Even if you can't put a number on your car, include one anyway for ID purposes. Cars that cannot have numbers put on are all Audi R8s (don't know why), the BMW Motorsport liveried M3s (listed above), the N24 Schulze Motorsport Nissan GTR (#123), and the GT Academy Nissan GTR. However, all cars with special liveries are playable, but limited to one driver. We'll keep track of this as it develops.

You may change your mind on both car and class up until your first race. You will be expected and required to race in the class that you have sign up for. There will be no switching of cars and classes mid season.

Signs ups for drivers & teams will be updated in post #3.
As mentioned above, both classes will be capped at 10 drivers maximum.

GT Challenge Tunes (Group B ONLY)

Base tunes for GT Challenge will be available soon!

If you would like submit your own, PM flip55 here on the site. This list will be constantly updated as the series continues!

Important Dates

See post #2 for details on next event.

Flip157 will be the room host for whatever we do.

Additional Information
  • Tire/fuel -- Normal
  • Slipstream set to real.
  • Grip reduction set to real.
  • Mechanical damage -- Heavy
  • ABS and driving line will be optional
This thread will be continuously updated as we progress. If you're interested in running, feel free to comment below. Any input will be greatly appreciated. We thank you for taking time to read this and we hope to see you on the track!

Last edited:
Car Specs

For GT3, a maximum of 3 of each car will be allowed.
Keep watching this list, as it will probably change up until our first race.

Audi specs are below. All cars shout be 554 hp and 1300 kg, with red entries being the exception.

Audi - 1/3 Available

BMW - 3/3 Available
#1 BMW Motorsports livery - 1 Available
#79 BMW Motorsports livery - 1 Available

Corvette - 2/3 Available

Ford - 2/3 Available

Mercedes - 0/3 Available

Nissan - 0/3 Available
#123 Schutz Motorsports livery - 1 Available
GT Acadamy livery - Unlimited

GTC will be a one make category featuring the TVR Tamora!

The numbers above include an oil change for the TVR. Also, please install full aero upgrades to your vehicle.
If you would like to install a carbon fiber hood on for the look of it, this will be allowed. However, you must add the 5kg back to your car. The room settings will be set for a 1060 minimum weight limit (stock weight of the car).
All cars in this category must have a number plate, as well.

Last edited:

GT3
(PSN ID | CAR | DRIVER NUMBER)

1. flip157 | Audi R8 LMS Ultra | #3
2. draqua_fresh | Ford GT | #99
3. socalspeedfreak | Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 | #69
4. kgffy | Audi R8 LMS Ultra | #49
TNR_FILO | Nissan GT - R NISMO GT3 | #65
6. WanganGhost | Nissan GT - R NISMO GT3 | #17
Somebodyshotme | Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 | #68
8. TNR_Oreca | Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 | #7
9. LITTLEBLACKO932 | Nissan GT - R NISMO GT3 | #14

GT Challenge
(PSN ID | DRIVER NUMBER)

1. d4rizob | #34
2. ares118785 | #18
3. BC_BOYZZ | #6
4. Smith1001 | #50
5. VELOCI_2NR | #13
6. livetiludye | #11
7. Titus-Taylor | #16
8. slater1 | #88

Reserves

Last edited:
2015 Calender

Tuesday and Wednesday nights will be open practice nights, starting at 11:30 pm EST USA. Race day will be on Thursdays!

Last edited:
Count me in. Not sure which class (maybe B because I love spec racing and havent run the slower class in a while, but we'll see)
You know the rest.

I'm not sure if I'll have time to take part in this championship because of the holiday period in my work, but sing me in for class B.

I'm in! car #69 and I believe it will be GT3 and the merc. is there a deadline to choose?

My general rule of thumb is the car you use in your first race is the one you're stuck with. So you'll have up until then to decide on both a car and class.

A room will be up tonight for the Group B test event. Grab whatever cars you can and drop by! 11:30pm EST USA as always.

Have a room going right now for testing whatever you wanna bring! It's a public club room. Drop by if you can!

Room ID: 1472 - 6118 - 3787 - 3246 - 0774

Got an idea of what to look for. Alot more concentration than touring car! he he

Thanks Flip.

We confirmed one or two things I saw in testing by myself, that the Audi and the Corvette don't seem have the straight line as some of the others. When in toe behind the Merc, you were pulling me down the straights. Then again, I haven't played around with anything other than the stock downforce settings for these cars, so that can change things.

From what I saw, I believe the Ford and BMW can match the Merc for straightaway speed.

And the Nissan might be a lost cause. That, or I can't figure out how to make it go fast.

In other news, I would like to try and talk about Group B cars tonight, I'll post the room when it goes up tonight.

I had no tuning at all of the bmw and the merc just a little but it was good see where the car and I were. should be good times. gotta start doing the marketing to get a full grid! :dopey:

I had no tuning at all of the bmw and the merc just a little but it was good see where the car and I were. should be good times. gotta start doing the marketing to get a full grid! :dopey:

Yep, same for me! Have some people who raced with us last year, got some messages to send out.

Room will be up in about an hour's time. It may just be a night of us messing around with the cars, but hopefully we can walk away with some sort of consensus on a car to use for Group B.

Thank you guys for joining in tonight! Had fun, learned some things...

My choices would be between the TVR or the Audi.

The Renault was fun, but I'm not sure it's a great car for the 90 minutes we have planned. It would make fore a fantastic sprint series car, though. (don't worry, I'll stash that one away for later ;))
And what I'd say about the VW is that it's a little too easy to drive. It feels like it's bolted to the ground at all times.

But those are just my suggestions. The guys who are in the spec class have a greater say than I do, so I'd like to know what you guys thought.

I thought in terms of fun to drive, but still manageable for more novice drivers, the TVR is the way to go. It feels relatively planted but can step out a tad sometimes; however when it does it is extremely easy to correct and continue on. It has a tendency to understeer which is safer for newer drivers but can be tuned to accept many different driving styles.

I thought in terms of fun to drive, but still manageable for more novice drivers, the TVR is the way to go. It feels relatively planted but can step out a tad sometimes; however when it does it is extremely easy to correct and continue on. It has a tendency to understeer which is safer for newer drivers but can be tuned to accept many different driving styles.

Those were my thoughts. If for nothing else, the TVR is a great looking car in race trim. But I'd say it's the bast balance of handling and ease of use, so to speak. The Audi isn't bad, but I think that the TVR will appeal to more people, just because it's a bit exotic. Final decision will be made on Monday so we can move ahead with promo stuff.

Latest Posts

Back