GT Academy 2011 - General Discussion

• Thread starter Synwraith
  • 1,141 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you know me too well. It on tomorrow morning 7.25am on channel 4. Wake up or set your sky boxes lol.
I'll be training for Dubai.

Im a bit confused with the entry list?

It shows Jann and Brian in 2 different teams? (Both in 2 teams)

RJN Motorsport and RJN Motorsport 2 unless I've missed a piece of news or reading it wrong.

Anyhow Good Luck all the GT Academy drivers :)!

Last edited:
It was explained by Jann in a Radio Le Mans interview last night. He's listed on both cars in case the first car breaks down so that he gets some racing done.

It was explained by Jann in a Radio Le Mans interview last night. He's listed on both cars in case the first car breaks down so that he gets some racing done.

I just figured that they were letting both drivers get some practice at the same time. But your explanation is better. :)

2012 GT Academy coming in August according to Nissan. During an interview at the 24 Hours of Dubai it was asked what's happening with GT Academy in 2012, and Nissan said that they were in the planning stages and the competition would begin in August.

Did they shed any light on whether that was US (Which I Presume), EU or both, or even perhaps a combined?

Nope. They didn't say if it was US or EU or whatever. They just said they're planning for August and in the planning stages.

I think from Nissan's view point that would be the start of the track finals, rather than the PS3 time trial.

hmmmm I'm not sure, the pattern has been dubai 24 hour, GT4 season, Dubai 24 hour hasn't it? Similarly wasn't the second GT Academy during Summer?

Ahh Mark I don't have much more :), only competed properly in 1 :), just had a fun go at the others but I guess all will come to light soon enough :D!

hi guys! I have just a question. I m practicing for the next gt academy and I' d like to know which tyres I must use with the nissan fayrlady... which tyres do u use in the national finals (2^ phase of gt academy)???

Hey man. You should practice with all the major Nissan cars with every tire combination. The main ones are the 370z and GT-R, but they used Tuned 370z and Calsonic GT-R (Super GT) at nationals last year as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about practicing with every car right now though. Just focus on the stock 370z with Sports Hard as that is the most likely combination for the Time Trials, although they may change it up this year. Take it for a few laps of the Ring and you'll find it great fun, but also a very forgiving way to improve your car control in the long run.

Cant wait for the time trials to start hopefully I can make the cut for the second round this time. Im eagerly awaiting official announcement of the competition though, hopefully we will hear something by the end of this month.

thank u Dessy for the tips...
i can t wait for the next gt academy because this year i m 18 and i can finally approach to the 2' phase of the academy... but i don t feel ready for it! I m training hard but i haven t experience in real driving!this is a big problem.:)

lol dont worry about that scartezz. 2 of us at the national finals last year had only just past our tests. I specifically passed it for the academy, but the judges will know talent when they see it so just work hard to make it to the driving phase :)!

lol dont worry about that scartezz. 2 of us at the national finals last year had only just past our tests. I specifically passed it for the academy, but the judges will know talent when they see it so just work hard to make it to the driving phase :)!
They don't know talent from mud Tidg, in 2010 a lot of the top competitors got rammed out in the races I was the only one who didn't and the drafting thing was just pathetic, also they messed up loads of things last year to make it an uneven playing field, no end of things from the formats to the refereeing and implementation right the way through to Silverstone and the dodgy advice and decisions made there like the mysterious army drill absences and 'judgement' scores.

I wouldn't even let anyone over 30 (so that's me out then!) enter and I'd let people under 24 do Silverstone more than once then I wouldn't force my own hand to pre-judge the winner.

There's so many things which is still why I doubt they'll do anything resembling what they've done before, people will just cheat either the qualifying or get loads of track days under their belts.

They'll never find the genuine talent unless they do something inventive and different. They need another events organiser first off before even considering it.

I'd say the chances of another UK winner are quite slim. We have had Spain, France and UK. Germany are guaranteed a winner this year so that leaves Holland, Italy etc.

@davissi
They're not looking for the next f1 driver so age shouldn't really come into it(I only say this cos i'm on the wrong side of 30 :) )
Dubai, GT4 etc are occupied by both young and old so age shouldn't be entirely the deciding factor for eligibility/suitability.
These guys know exactly what they are looking for so whether your 18 or over 30 it doesn't really matter.

They don't know talent from mud Tidg, in 2010 a lot of the top competitors got rammed out in the races I was the only one who didn't and the drafting thing was just pathetic, also they messed up loads of things last year to make it an uneven playing field, no end of things from the formats to the refereeing and implementation right the way through to Silverstone and the dodgy advice and decisions made there like the mysterious army drill absences and 'judgement' scores.

I wouldn't even let anyone over 30 (so that's me out then!) enter and I'd let people under 24 do Silverstone more than once then I wouldn't force my own hand to pre-judge the winner.

There's so many things which is still why I doubt they'll do anything resembling what they've done before, people will just cheat either the qualifying or get loads of track days under their belts.

They'll never find the genuine talent unless they do something inventive and different. They need another events organiser first off before even considering it.

Well I guess we will have to see really, but the winners have been talented, as they've all got wins under their belt at some point, and have achieved some pretty amazing things.

I didn't really hear about 2010 so I'm sorry to hear about that, was that what eclipse was on about before 2011 about wondering whether to go, due to how the spanish academy was ran?

1 thing I did disagree with was the racing, they never should have held 1v1 racing. I just felt like the 2 player screen was useless, you couldn't tell engine noises apart at all. I also didn't like the fact that the rules weren't clearly stated on some of the races. The ones I was involved; Trial Mountain, they said dont venture onto any paint stay within any lines, so I didn't touch any part of the yellow surface making sure I didn't, and because of it I fell behind :/. I know Suzuka I made sure I avoided a crash with someone else as they broke alot earlier than expected, but thats just how it goes and I hope people remember that when I race, as I race clean and fair (Although my racing is terrible at the moment but getting back into the swing of things :P).

I must admit though that it's a competition and those doing trackdays before hand are just trying to gain the best possible chance to win, I don't think GT Academy could ever enforce any kind of ruling on that.

I'd say the chances of another UK winner are quite slim. We have had Spain, France and UK. Germany are guaranteed a winner this year so that leaves Holland, Italy etc.

I had a similar thought that it would be a German this year, but now Germany has there own I do think it will be wide open again. Only reason being that France, Spain and England are rather big on motorsports, and there market for cars would be bigger?

@davissi
They're not looking for the next f1 driver so age shouldn't really come into it(I only say this cos i'm on the wrong side of 30 :) )
Dubai, GT4 etc are occupied by both young and old so age shouldn't be entirely the deciding factor for eligibility/suitability.
These guys know exactly what they are looking for so whether your 18 or over 30 it doesn't really matter.

I thought a similar thing to Davissi, until Brian won the US GT Academy. Don't think there bothered by age in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back