GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
United States
New York
thepatriots
Last years GT Academy started around this time. So far we have heard almost no news on the next season of GT Academy. If I recall correctly it was stated there will be a new one, so what gives? I guess this thread can act as a place for any updates of the sort.

I really hope there is another one, last time around I was literally a week too young to compete... I know If I get another chance I will be able to push myself far enough to make the cut. I would drop EVERYTHING in life to be a racing driver. My biggest inspiration in life is Aryton Senna, and evern though I know I will never amount to what he was, god damn I know I can try and do good.

I really hope there is another one, last time around I was literally a week too young to compete... I know If I get another chance I will be able to push myself far enough to make the cut. I would drop EVERYTHING in life to be a racing driver. My biggest inspiration in life is Aryton Senna, and evern though I know I will never amount to what he was, god damn I know I can try and do good.

Same attitude I went in with. You really do have to make it your priority.:)
Jann

Yes! 👍

That's the attitude I have on myself as well, Senna is a HUGE inspiration for me...not only as a driver but as a human being.

In other word's, he was a kind soul, he cared about people & he was a damn good race car driver.

I am hoping for another GT Academy, maybe it'll include all of North America (Canada & Mexico). Last time, I made it to the round that would've gotten me into the Orlando final's, I was ~1 to 2 sec's from the top guy's!

I did learn A LOT about myself in the process though and I knew I could make it but maybe it just wasn't my time yet. :guilty:

The mentality you should have, when getting into these sort's of things, is "If they can do it, I can do it". I tell myself that as much as I can in everything that I do, whether in school or TT's on GT5 (lol).

I don't know, just thought I'd give ya my 2 cents. :D

Yes and I'm sure its going to be tougher since the word is out how sucessful the winners have advanced as real racing drivers. Everybody who dreams to be a real race car driver will want to compete so all the undiscovered talent with real race experience are going to be coming out of the wood work.

I noticed that it is much harder now to be in the top two hundred and fifthy rankings in the time trials than in the early days of the online competition. I used to be able to get to rank easily in the 60's but find it much tougher to get there now. With hundreds of entrants able to record their times between just a second of each other it is easily filled with just a fraction of a second of each one.

Do you guys think it will be EU and NA again? It would be really nice to have it down here in South America!

I was just watching the Dubai 24h coverage and they had some guy from Nissan there who mentioned something about the future of GT Academy. It was hard to hear but it was something along the lines of "we are planning for August so get on your playstations..."

Did anyone else catch this?

I was just watching the Dubai 24h coverage and they had some guy from Nissan there who mentioned something about the future of GT Academy. It was hard to hear but it was something along the lines of "we are planning for August so get on your playstations..."

Did anyone else catch this?

Yup. I heard that as well, wonder what region(s) it will be? C'mon USA!!!

I made it through to round 3 last time, I think I've gotten better since then. :dopey:

I hope the academy at Silver Stone is in August. That means the TT's would start soon. :D

Hey I want to try out for the next GT Academy can someone private message me when is the next signup is going to be.

Can't do that because nobody knows.

Hey R1600 Turbo, I was wondering if the finalist's from last year's GT Academy were able to compete again?

If so, you wouldn't mind giving me any pointers (assuming we're getting a GT Academy USA this year), would you? :dopey:

Hey R1600 Turbo, I was wondering if the finalist's from last year's GT Academy were able to compete again?

If so, you wouldn't mind giving me any pointers (assuming we're getting a GT Academy USA this year), would you? :dopey:

I honestly don't know anything really. I'm waiting for the announcement like everyone else, then if it comes I'll try to find out then.

Didn't the time trials start around mid march last year? and lasted for 6 weeks.

R1600Turbo, u made it to the finals with Jaan, didn't you? to what I can remember finalists can't compete in future academies.

Just noticed it started in the UK in mid march and sorry R1600Turbo im getting u mixed up with the other UK Finalist

But I'm sure that finalists can't compete in future academies.

Just looked at the UK entry requirments of last years GT academy. look at section 1.3 point J and it clearly says if you got to boot camp you can't enter future GT Academies.

Not sure if it will be the same this year or if it will be the same requirments in the US. link below

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/registration/

Think it's been like that since the second GT Academy Herbok (I believe). The reasoning behind it was that if you didn't win at boot camp then you aren't what they were looking for. (Sorry if that's a bad quote that's from memory). But you never know they may change the rules :). It's why im half glad I didn't make the last European finals as I had a combination of Uni deadlines and other things, a great prize but not guarenteed where as a degree I could guarentee, but now all is clear for me to go for it this year :)!

Think it's been like that since the second GT Academy Herbok (I believe). The reasoning behind it was that if you didn't win at boot camp then you aren't what they were looking for. (Sorry if that's a bad quote that's from memory). But you never know they may change the rules :). It's why im half glad I didn't make the last European finals as I had a combination of Uni deadlines and other things, a great prize but not guarenteed where as a degree I could guarentee, but now all is clear for me to go for it this year :)!

I think it has more to with the fact that they do not want to same 10-20 people every GT Academy, not that "you weren't what they were looking for". To be quite honest, I think each of the final 4 ( -1 Bryan because he won) and some others that did not make it that far, had the ability to go all the way.

Anyways, I hope the CSW comes out by the time the US GT Academy starts. I do not think my launch G25 is going to cut it any more.

Back