GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
Ridox2JZGTE
LHD or RHD makes no difference on a track/closed roads.

I beg to differ having been there. Go from one immediately to the other during a time trial competition and it'll throw you off. At least it did to me, didn't help I didn't have any brakes either. :indiff:

I beg to differ having been there. Go from one immediately to the other during a time trial competition and it'll throw you off. At least it did to me, didn't help I didn't have any brakes either. :indiff:

The operations are the same - that was what I meant :), maybe it's per person basis, some have difficulties changing gears with less dominant hand. Some of my mates have that issue, and often mis-shift :(. Also, in traffic, it might be hard to adapt for some, having to navigate ( pass other cars ) from the "wrong" side of the road - I've got a lady friend who often have hard time making right turns on a narrow roads - her visual judgment is not very good - her car has many scrapes and little dents just from parking alone.

Which side of the car I'm driving on didn't bother me a bit. I've played from cockpit view for a long time (iRacing) so as cheesy as it sounds, I was already used to constantly changing from LHD/RHD. If the h-pattern had been RHD it would have thrown me for a loop though. I'm left dominant, but still, I've never shifted left handed so it'd probably be a mess :P

i imagine it would feel quite awkward shifting with your less dominant hand for the first time after driving a LHD manual car for some time.

Not really a hand dominance issue. It's an issue of muscle memory. If you've been shifting with one hand for 10 years you just think "3rd gear" and it happens. Change hands and you have to actually think about the motion of shifting and where 3rd gear is... just resets the learning curve.

Back