GT Academy, DLC #3 and more - how I predict it will play out.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 75 comments
Why would PD sell us unlock-able cars? That clearly say YOU HAVE WON THE FOLLOWING CAR FOR USE IN GT5, if they try to sell us the cars, we could sue Sony out the WAZO!
Its like winning a prize and then being told you have to pay for that prize to receive it?!?!?
Now the Le mans cars id find reasonable!

To people who wanted to know who I was talking about, this guy. I could have sworn there was another one.

Well yeah, but how are you going to link that to GT5? I'm not sure how PSN works but this was a standalone game, not an add on package to GT5. Remember all of the previous DLC we have downloaded in updates to GT5.

Well it's on the hard drive already. So, just send out PSN unlock codes or download the "key" from PSN so the game can recognize the data? Shouldn't be too hard.

Well yeah, but how are you going to link that to GT5? I'm not sure how PSN works but this was a standalone game, not an add on package to GT5..

I am almost 100% certain it will be like this:

- Once the Academy ends we will finally get next major GT5 update (incoming March update was already postponed few days prior to its implementation, while only Japan got PhotoStream functionality (in test-phase) that was supposed to be a part of the officially announced update

- That new post-GTAcc update will probably deploy the new physics presented in GTAcc and probably in-game options of GTAcc that does not exist in GT5 (ability to change BGM from the pause menu, for instance) with additional fixes, functionalities (as Photo Stream), etc.

- The update will also contain all GTAcc cars, special GTAcc outfits and Motegi track and maybe some theoretical "June DLC" that has been worked on through past 4 months

- Game saves of both GTAcc and GT5 are 100% compatible, so we can pretty much presume that so once you deploy the update, game will scan the HDD to find the corresponding GTAcc save-file (linked to your PSN ID, same as GT5 file) and prompt the vehicle-unlock if you have the valid file

- It remains to be seen will the Motegi track also be free (less likely) or will be part of separate "June DLC" to purchase from PSN, with being it available for "free" in GTAcc being a greatest teaser imaginable (more likely)

- We can also pretty much presume that GTAcc "application" will become inactive once the GTAcc2012 ends, on the same way that 2010 GT Acc application was made inaccessible (blocked from the server side) once the competition ends

I am almost 100% certain it will be like this:

- Once the Academy ends we will finally get next major GT5 update (incoming March update was already postponed few days prior to its implementation, while only Japan got PhotoStream functionality (in test-phase) that was supposed to be a part of the officially announced update

- That new post-GTAcc update will probably deploy the new physics presented in GTAcc and probably in-game options of GTAcc that does not exist in GT5 (ability to change BGM from the pause menu, for instance) with additional fixes, functionalities (as Photo Stream), etc.

- The update will also contain all GTAcc cars, special GTAcc outfits and Motegi track and maybe some theoretical "June DLC" that has been worked on through past 4 months

- Game saves of both GTAcc and GT5 are 100% compatible, so we can pretty much presume that so once you deploy the update, game will scan the HDD to find the corresponding GTAcc save-file (linked to your PSN ID, same as GT5 file) and prompt the vehicle-unlock if you have the valid file

- It remains to be seen will the Motegi track also be free (less likely) or will be part of separate "June DLC" to purchase from PSN, with being it available for "free" in GTAcc being a greatest teaser imaginable (more likely)

- We can also pretty much presume that GTAcc "application" will become inactive once the GTAcc2012 ends, on the same way that 2010 GT Acc application was made inaccessible (blocked from the server side) once the competition ends

Yes that is basically what I was saying, they can't just use the data already on our hard drives, they'll need to add it to the GT5 update data.

Also on the last point if you look at the game file in the XMB it has an expiry date of 31/03/2013.

Personally, I see all of it going down like this:

GT Academy plays out. The 4 said cars will become available in the delayed update after the Academy is finished. Among other things the update will included bugfixes and probably DLC #3 and possibly Twin Motegi if it is true about using it in the academy.

I really hope they release a classic track pack after Academy is over.

Edit:

How much space does the Academy take up? I'm thinking about trying it just for the prizes. I know I won't win anyways so...

Personally, I see all of it going down like this:

GT Academy plays out. The 4 said cars will become available in the delayed update after the Academy is finished. Among other things the update will included bugfixes and probably DLC #3 and possibly Twin Motegi if it is true about using it in the academy.

I really hope they release a classic track pack after Academy is over.

Edit:

How much space does the Academy take up? I'm thinking about trying it just for the prizes. I know I won't win anyways so...
Three Gigs... All of gt5's updates are around 3 gigs , that includes 24 cars and four tracks =/ now GT academy has eight tracks, Presumably various snippets or even full variations

A little over 3 gigs, each event is easy to gold so far and a couple were entertaining. Most were:banghead:

Holy cow 3g's? Nevermind. I've got the room but I'm not waiting for that to DL.

Back