GT Academy, DLC #3 and more - how I predict it will play out.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 75 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
PD's long hiatus with DLC has caused a lot of debate, but GT Academy 2012's size and content appears to be a reason why. Now it's known that when getting all golds on a time trial for GT Academy, it says the car will be unlocked for use in GT5. Which it isn't at the moment. This points to an impending update or DLC.

Also look at the GT Academy menu. They show 2012 GT Academy versions of the following:

Nissan Leaf
Nissan Silvia
Nissan 370Z
Nissan GTR '12

That would appear to be the cars for the first four rounds. Now this fits as in Rounds 1 and 2 the cars are indeed the Leaf and Silvia. So it would be logical, stepping up in performance. Big question however is... what comes next?

Twin Ring Motegi has been potentially revealed as GT Academy Round 8, a new track for DLC (albeit long overdue but understandable owing to GT Academy's programming time and set-up.

So what could they're be for upcoming Nissan Academy and potential DLC?

Well thats 4 rounds I got potentially sussed out, but here's how I think it will go. I see that probably a TC car will be used for the beginning, and maybe a GT4-spec Nissan.
02711803_049.jpg

Thats got the bonus of Lucas Ordonez in it, who's the GT Academy poster boy and even features in GT Academy 2012's opening.

Now looking at dates, PD wouldn't release any new content until it became available in GT Academy, but 1 thing strikes me - GT Academy 2012's final round starts 11th June. Which would coincide nicely with the Le Mans 24 Hours on the 16th June. And of course Ordonez and co. are in the race for Signatech. Fitting with Lucas as the GT Academy 2012 poster boy, possible for round 8 and the final challenge, wouldn it not be a good marketing ploy for PD to cash-in by releasing this...

2011-Signatech-Nissan-LMP2-Race-Car.jpg

Lucas's 2011 Le Mans car. Its been over a year since it was raced and that would have given PD plenty of time to model it. And what better way to give players a challenge in GT Academy 2012's final round, and promote DLC with the inclusion of this car, with Le Mans around the corner?

It's wishful thinking, but to me it seems a logical idea.

EDIT: Strengthens my case that Round 8 is at le Mans with Motegi.
http://playfront.de/about/gta-academy-season-2-shots/

Last edited:
Very interesting. I think it is inevitable that some Nissan DLC will come out soon. Saying that though, PD seems to have defied the laws of logic numerous times in the past. :lol:

So another GT Academy GT-R? That would be 3 now. I was hoping for maybe a car that hasn't been used (R32 or R34 Skyline? Maybe use one of the Group C or the 390s?)

I hope that Motegi has a full 4 course lineup.

I've seen somewhere a pic of a R34 Skyline GT-R for GTA 2012 too. Need to remember where I saw this pic.

I've seen somewhere a pic of a R34 Skyline GT-R for GTA 2012 too. Need to remember where I saw this pic.

I've seen this as well.

My guess for all cars would be;

Leaf
Silvia
Skyline
370z
GTR
370z Tuned
Calsonic GTR (Or Any of the GT500)
LMP2 (I can imagine this being put in to be fair, as it's been requested countless times and its basically a playstation car with all the decals and such :P)

How about this promo for the Juke-R released a short while ago, after it was announced it'll enter a very limited production run?

How about this promo for the Juke-R released a short while ago, after it was announced it'll enter a very limited production run?

I've seen that Lucas has driven the Juke-R as well, via his facebook page. Again a possibility. It would be fun.

Now looking at dates, PD wouldn't release any new content until it became available in GT Academy, but 1 thing strikes me - GT Academy 2012's final round starts 11th June. Which would coincide nicely with the Le Mans 24 Hours on the 16th June. And of course Ordonez and co. are in the race for Signatech. Fitting with Lucas as the GT Academy 2012 poster boy, possible for round 8 and the final challenge, wouldn it not be a good marketing ploy for PD to cash-in by releasing this...

Incorrect...

Signatech are a French team and Jorden Tresson will race for them at Le Mans.

Lucas is driving for a British Team, Greaves Motorsport along with Martin Brundle and his son Alex Brundle.
s1_1.jpg

Who knows though, we may even get the Delta Wing which also runs at this years Le Mans
01-nissan-deltawing.jpg

Incorrect...

Signatech are a French team and Jorden Tresson will race for them at Le Mans.

Lucas is driving for a British Team, Greaves Motorsport along with Martin Brundle and his son Alex Brundle.
s1_1.jpg

Who knows though, we may even get the Delta Wing which also runs at this years Le Mans
01-nissan-deltawing.jpg

Thanks for clarification on that, but Lucas did drive for Signatech last year and I reckon it could be a good car.

I wonder if they asked permission those brands to create these kind of "promo". The Juke-R is fast but not that fast. 0-100 km/h is in 3,8 sec and has 545hp. Ferrari 458 has a 0-100 in 3,4 sec and 570hp. So yes, nice video but fake like Wrestling.

If you read the ending disclaimer of the video, it reads (exact quote).

Desert Nemiesis is a dramatization of an actual race between the Nissan JUKE-R and the other featured cars which took place at The Dubai International Marine Club on the 17th January 2012. Full details of the cars involved, the race and the results can be found at newsroom.nissan-europe.com. The JUKE-R is a concept car with a Nissan GT-R engine and is not available fo retail sale. The performance of the JUKE-R is not representative of JUKE models available for retail sale, details of which can be found at http://www.nissan-juke.com. All driving sequences were carried out on closed roads/tracks using professional drivers and should not be emulated under any circumstances.

So, this isn't an actual car for sale. The model used in the video for testing was using a GT-R engine.

To the guy that thinks its fake, it could very well be real (I wouldn't rule it out) due to the fact of the GT-R engine and Juke handling.

Also, you don't need permission for testing purposes, which this video was about.

Gee, I do love a bit of speculation with absolutely no base at all. :sarcasm:

Not speculation. It's what I have gathered and thought about for a while. I just don't type all this up with no base at all.

I wonder if they asked permission those brands to create these kind of "promo". The Juke-R is fast but not that fast. 0-100 km/h is in 3,8 sec and has 545hp. Ferrari 458 has a 0-100 in 3,4 sec and 570hp. So yes, nice video but fake like Wrestling.

Also look at the GT Academy menu. They show 2012 GT Academy versions of the following:

Nissan Leaf
Nissan Silvia
Nissan 370Z
Nissan GTR '12

That would appear to be the cars for the first four rounds. Now this fits as in Rounds 1 and 2 the cars are indeed the Leaf and Silvia. So it would be logical, stepping up in performance.

Thats not guesswork, thats fact.

Why would PD sell us unlock-able cars? That clearly say YOU HAVE WON THE FOLLOWING CAR FOR USE IN GT5, if they try to sell us the cars, we could sue Sony out the WAZO!
Its like winning a prize and then being told you have to pay for that prize to receive it?!?!?
Now the Le mans cars id find reasonable!

TheeFrogmanlego
Why would PD sell us unlock-able cars? That clearly say YOU HAVE WON THE FOLLOWING CAR FOR USE IN GT5, if they try to sell us the cars, we could sue Sony out the WAZO!
Its like winning a prize and then being told you have to pay for that prize to receive it?!?!?

Ummmmmm what?

Highly unlikely! Lol!
Although the Juke is slower on paper but in that video the conditions played in favor of the AWD car. So no need to fake the results, did you see how dusty that course was? Add to that the unknown of wich tires was the Juke using and I'm pretty sure that thing is riding on a completely upgraded coilover suspension system and you got yourself a no brainer, the Juke R will win every single time! Now take all those cars to a more open real track and I'm pretty sure the Juke will get spanked!

Whoa buddy, whats this all about lol. Take a deep breath and chill. No one has stated that we have to pay for the cars from GTAcademy. Talk about speculation! Not even a lawyer would take this one up.

I personally don't think that the list provided in the op will be the only cars in the upcoming DLC. Those cars will more likely be "extras" for the ones who participated and achieved all golds. I'm sensing voucher codes for this one. I believe that there will be a normal DLC pack for everyone, aside from GTAcademy gifts.

Whoa buddy, whats this all about lol. Take a deep breath and chill. No one has stated that we have to pay for the cars from GTAcademy. Talk about speculation! Not even a lawyer would take this one up.

I personally don't think that the list provided in the op will be the only cars in the upcoming DLC. Those cars will more likely be "extras" for the ones who participated and achieved all golds. I'm sensing voucher codes for this one. I believe that there will be a normal DLC pack for everyone, aside from GTAcademy gifts.

I smell Corporate greed! JK , :dopey:

I'd like to know how people like us Aussies, who don't have a GT Academy in their country, can get access to these cars?

I think they should be made available for everyone to use, maybe include it in a DLC pack for all the countries not competing?

Back