GT Car Owners, Come In!

  • Thread starter Thread starter NSX-R
  • 61 comments
  • 3,547 views
gt4 doesn't have my precious 97 corolla :(
 
as somebody stated earlier, the 88 iroc concept is rather off, as is the 00 ss camaro handling wise, not to mention they both sound terrible in the game 👎
 
KagA152
as somebody stated earlier, the 88 iroc concept is rather off, as is the 00 ss camaro handling wise, not to mention they both sound terrible in the game 👎

What sickens me is the apparent lack of quality audio in every GT...seriously it's not that difficult to record actual car audio...hell I'm a sound engineer by hobby with access to professional recording equipment and studio...I could record all the realistic sounds from alot of the cars JP/USA. Euro cars would be difficult as we don't get hardly any of them. It's 2005 and the game is on a PS2 for christ's sake...get some good audio!
 
I have an 85 Mr2 and it lookes a little different like the side vent and the engine Lid but i dunno bout the handling cause the car has been up on jacks since i bought it about a month ago so i sill leave it to other MR2 owners on that one.
 
I used to own a '70 Mk1 Celica GT, and to be honest the GT version is WAAAAYYYY off, doesnt handle or sound anything like the real one.

Dan.
 
One would think the Japanese would have made the R32 GTR handle like the real thing. I mean FFS they have access to how many in Japan ?!

In the game they still understeer and push so badly. Contrary to popular belief that isn't correct. If anything braking hard into a sharp corner will induce a light amount of over steer not understeer. Hard accelleration out of a sharp corner again induces moderate oversteer while the older ATTESSA system begins to work. I've pushed my R well and truely many times and it handled WAY better even with softer suspension in real life. While the accelleration is closer and the braking is close the overall package isn't.

Very disappointed.
 
Slakker
I have an 85 Mr2 and it lookes a little different like the side vent and the engine Lid but i dunno bout the handling cause the car has been up on jacks since i bought it about a month ago so i sill leave it to other MR2 owners on that one.

My brother has owned 2 identical non-SC 85 MR2's (we're rebuilding the one he has left with a JDM motor). Both white with the small two-tone black color "ground effects" which they (PD) managed to get wrong oddly enough. As someone else said they got it decent, they tend to be a bit twitchy and once the limit is reached hello oversteer! The non-SC is rather slow in real life so the stock used ones are spot-on. They are still fun as hell to drive, and the 2nd gen is one good looking car...I'd trade my SE-R for a 2nd Gen Turbo MR2. 👍
 
well i drive a audi a3 which is in the game. I improtet money and started with this car because i love it so much. since it somehow has the same number of hp in the game as to the real car it handels the same but since i don´t race it on racing tracks or through seattle or varios city courses i don´t know if its the same
 
The model they built hte 86 MR2s on in the game is the 87 body style...

I would know, as my friend has an 86, and it has a differetn vent and some minor differences...

I tihnk PD meant the car that was sold at the end of 86 o_O Which would be the 87 model year listing...
 
I own a 2000 Volvo C70 T5, the S60 in the game is no where near a T5 for sound, the Std speed is a little slow but close enough to say they tried. The big down side is the handling is a little sloppy resembling more the Std 2.0L rather than the T5's upgraded and responsive chassis.

It's a shame they did not use the C70 thather than S60 here's mine!

c70_01.JPG


c70_02.JPG


c70_03.JPG


c70_04.JPG
 
My 406 Coupe is in. The main difference is the redline and the gearing. The in game redline is 6000, whereas the real redline starts at 6500. It is also geared lower in game than it is really. The end result is the performance seems about right anyway.
 
Azuremen
The model they built hte 86 MR2s on in the game is the 87 body style...

I would know, as my friend has an 86, and it has a differetn vent and some minor differences...

I tihnk PD meant the car that was sold at the end of 86 o_O Which would be the 87 model year listing...

Yea, I agree. Here's some pics of '85, '86, and '87 MR2's and the '86 MR2 G in GT4:

GT4 MR2 G:
IMG0029.JPG


'85 MR2:
white_85_mr2.jpg


'86 MR2:
blue_86_mr2.jpg


'87 MR2:
red_85_mr2.jpg


PD's attention to detail is amazing as it is idiotic. Little things like this drive me crazy. Yea yea yea, "who cares" some of you may be asking...I'm sure there's something everyone can nitpick about. 👍
 
Remember that the default sport tires have a lot more grip than real street tires. Put N class tires on to get a more realistic feel.
 
`88 CR-X, ZC. (pretty damn close to the SiR. The SiR has a little more torque.)

The car behaves exactly the same, I must say, its really good how close they got it. you can chuck it around corners as you would a go-kart, its light, nimble, and rev-happy.

And i got to purchase it as a first car, which was a + for me.
 
Yes.
The Eclipse = sad little FF in real life
The Eclipse = sad little FF in game
 
Well I do not yet own a car (as im to young) but my brother (An owner of a Triumph Spitfire) says it is no way near the same. I think all sounds on this game sound nothing like the real thing - They are all to "smooth". I was really looking forward to the sound in GT4 and i'm really disappointed - There's just no uuoooomph!
 
I own a Delta Integrale, as soon as a stock one comes up in used car lot of the game ill let you know.

I can tell you that doing 170mph in the games Lotus Carlton wasnt nearly as scary as doing 170mph in a real one..... ;)
 
I own a Lamborghini Diablo but it´s not in the game but the one that it´s in the game it´s the OPEL CORSA COMFORT ´01, that´s the one I own.
 
I just tested a Type R with my friend. We accelerated from 80km/h to 120km/h and it went that in 5:08 seconds. As I tried it in GT4 I got it from 80 to 120 in 4:77 seconds.

Considering you probably had 2 people in the car while you were testing the type r as compared to only one in GT4, .31 difference seems pretty accurate.
 
Hey FDRZRcih, nice RX7. Unfortunately my car is not in the game. 95 Honda Civic EX (coupe) They always put the hatchbacks in but never the coupe. Darn you PD! :grumpy:
 
i'd say with my real car where its at, and with the sileighty in the game they did a good job with the suspesnsions and upgrades...I upgraded my silvia(first car) then sileighty with aproximate same level stuff and was pleased, plus seeing a fully painted sileighty in the replays gets me more motiviated to get the rest of the body work done on my car and get it painted..
one of mine in the game(i've got all 5 colors but this one came from the silvia sisters race)
IMG0006.jpg

and my real life 240sx with silvia front and sr20
recentpic.jpg




later
 
Wow the right mirror on the one from the game is awful!

Nice car BTW! I miss my S13...
 
Stryfe 101,
do you live in Japan??
lisence plate looks familiar
 
bfifteenv
Wow the right mirror on the one from the game is awful!

Nice car BTW! I miss my S13...

whats wrong with the right side view mirror on GT4? although, that the wing in the background of the right side mirror looks a bit confusing if you glance at it very quickly.
 
lol @ Bfifteen - the mirror has the side of the spoiler behind it, and the bottom of the mirror housing is a very similar shade to the side window behind it... look again
 
I don't have a digicam but the car looks dead on like my car (different bumper tho zenki) mines kouki 1985
 

Attachments

  • gt4_mine.jpg
    gt4_mine.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 19
I posted this elsewhere but I have a 2004 Infiniti G35 and neither the handling nor the sound in GT4 remind me of my car. Kind of a shame. I think you'll find most G35 owners are very passionate about their cars, even stock, right off the lot. So I bought all the upgrades in GT4 and plan to tweak the setup to at least get the handling right.
 
I have a '71 240Z. I have to say that they have the engine sound spot on!

The one in GT4 is the Japanese "ZG" version which has the G-nose, fender flares, and the fender mirrors.

I have to say that they have the handling characterists spot on as well. Too bad the game modulates the steering input so you can't turn the wheel more than the car's grip allows. So this means I can't really make it slide like in real life!
 
Back