GT Career Mode Challenge, Presented by Racers Reunited - Round 9; Nov 24 @ 2000UTC

• Thread starter Famine
  • 473 comments
Thought I might as well use the decals from the livery I was running in some NASCAR-themed races the other night (with my GTP race number though, of course)...

That's pretty cool, man. đź‘Ť

You should gear up with this helmet and suit tonight as well :lol:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...etLivery/livery/5838355/2/5990161420565644800
5990161420565644800_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...arLivery/livery/5838355/3/4683814055099499520
4683814055099499520_23.jpg

Who wants track? I DO!

WTCC:
* Subaru WRX Gr.4 - 100% Power, 100% Weight
Tyres:
Racing Medium
Circuits
Race 1: Dragon Trail - Seaside (7 laps)
Race 2: Brands Hatch - GP (8 laps)
Race 3: Sardegna - Road Track A (7 laps)
Race 4: Laguna Seca (8 laps)

The handicap document will be below (I'll correct it to show the right event and handicaps soon)

As with last week it's a 2000 UTC assembly now, because the UK's clocks went back - but the USA's clocks have also gone back now!

Last week in the Tuscans got a little bit too feisty, I think. I guess it was to be expected given the nature of the car, but we could do with a little more racing room given. We're not getting big lag, but nonetheless, going side-by-side through a corner you shouldn't go side-by-side through is deadly if the car alongside you is three feet away from where you think it is. Brands Hatch is narrow, and Laguna Seca and DTS have corners that will kill you dead if you try to force an issue.

Remember rule one: don't be a dick.

Last edited:
Thats my name, Now do i take offence lol
only one allowed to call me that was my grandad !:bowdown:

I can race sometimes ..

Last edited:
Thats my name, Now do i take offence lol
only one allowed to call me that was my grandad !:bowdown:

I can race sometimes ..

Well, I wasn't meaning anyone in particular - you are of course free to be Dick if you wish :D

Having a quick poke in Kerfuffle's gubbins, I think it's struggling a bit to accommodate some of the lesser-seen drivers. I think it's mathematically improbable for @silverman_GT and @Tom to win it overall, so I've removed them from table, along with @daan thanks to his rural internongs. I also think it's unlikely that @Pigems can win as he's only got nine races in so far (and our timings work against him usually), and I think @homeforsummer's 12 races might leave him with too much to do, but I'll keep them in for now.

Anyone who's been dropped off can have a static handicap - Kerfuffle has enough info to place everyone - and race but be ineligible for points.

At present, they'd be:
@daan - 100/100
@silverman_GT - 102/98
@Tom - 103/97

Sorry folks, while I can apparently race I can't do any PSN-related features, and that includes text chat in the lobby...

I won't stick around for Mach Fortys either, enjoy those who do!

Last edited:
Good racing as I predicted, was very authentic touring car driving (Sometimes abit too authentic :lol:)

As usual, apologies to anyone if I raced them too hard. Found the pace but not the off switch for tunnel vision.

Gonna watch the replay from the last one as that was quite action packed.

Last edited:
Congrats on the win, @Famine! :cheers:

I still can't believe I won at Sardegna A... apparently we need to race at tracks I don't know more often. :lol:

Good racing as I predicted, was very authentic touring car driving (Sometimes abit too authentic :lol:)

As usual, apologies to any if I raced them too hard. Found the pace but not the off switch for tunnel vision.

Gonna watch the replay from the last one as that was quite action packed.
Yeah, apologies for that bump at turn 1!

Knocked someone off on the last race. Very sorry. Otherwise, probably my best Career Mode outing so far. :D

Now I really don't want to do the Dailies. I'm getting spoiled with great lobbies. đź‘Ť

+ Highlights from Race 3

Last edited:
Would normally post a few photos here but since you need a connection to do literally everything in GT Sport, I couldn't save the last few replays, couldn't access the ones I had, couldn't save anything once I returned to the home screen, and couldn't even exit the game without doing so from the PS4 menu.

No idea what really happened. A few minutes after losing voice chat it said I'd been signed out of PSN too. But I still had access to the PSN services, so I obviously hadn't, but nothing online in GT Sport worked, including text chat in the lobby, except the racing itself somehow. Had a bit of a lonely race putting six or seven seconds to third place at Sardegna but losing a couple of tenths a lap to Jordan, and then was completely discombobulated at Laguna by the network stuff, Kaizen gave me a bit of a tap early on (no worries about that, stuff happens) and then I spent the rest of the race just making mistakes.

Best race was probably Dragon Trail, somehow managing to overtake Simba fairly early on and then stay ahead for the rest of the race. Stressful but think I was racing above my paygrade there.

What PSN/GTS would let me do is dive into shared footage saved on the PS4 itself for the last couple of laps chasing Rich at Brands Hatch after being a dope at Paddock Hill. Was frustrated to go off because it was such close and clean racing at Brands, but glad I got a bit of a battle in the last few laps too.

Last edited:
Congrats on the win, @Famine! :cheers:

I still can't believe I won at Sardegna A... apparently we need to race at tracks I don't know more often. :lol:

Yeah, apologies for that bump at turn 1!

It's no problem, I was way too occupied with not dying in turn 1:lol:

What I can say...congrats @Famine ...few meters more...:cheers:
Last night races were cleaner than last week but still there was unnecessary contacts (even some aggressive move). I even enjoy few clean battles. Hopefully more cleaner races coming up...

Last edited:
Gotta say, I feel like racing with you guys over the last several weeks has dramatically improved my Standing starts. Before I dreaded those as I lost positions no matter what I did, but now I can actually nail the starts and even gain a place or two (If I don't die anyway or get held up).

I actually thought the racing was pretty clean overall. There are always going to be a few optimistic moves now and then but I think the Subarus were so much easier to control than the TVRs that a) fewer people were bashing into each other out of simply losing control and b) you could race a lot closer with people because it was so much easier to pick and hold a line.

I bumped into a couple of people mainly when everyone was nose to tail in traffic, which I always apologise for over voice chat, but I didn't see anyone really pushing their luck which was nice. Couple of moves I'd not personally do myself perhaps, but everyone's style is different :D

Last edited:
@Famine Hey , Do You have a rough leader board for us pls .

And big thanks for rolling the marbles ....:bowdown::cheers::cheers:
Having a blast even tho i'm not as quick as you guys , not put in enough gts time !

Last edited:
Well, I wasn't meaning anyone in particular - you are of course free to be Dick if you wish :D

Having a quick poke in Kerfuffle's gubbins, I think it's struggling a bit to accommodate some of the lesser-seen drivers. I think it's mathematically improbable for @silverman_GT and @Tom to win it overall, so I've removed them from table, along with @daan thanks to his rural internongs. I also think it's unlikely that @Pigems can win as he's only got nine races in so far (and our timings work against him usually), and I think @homeforsummer's 12 races might leave him with too much to do, but I'll keep them in for now.

Anyone who's been dropped off can have a static handicap - Kerfuffle has enough info to place everyone - and race but be ineligible for points.

At present, they'd be:
@daan - 100/100
@silverman_GT - 102/98
@Tom - 103/97
Terribly sorry for my unintended-yet-extended absence for the past few weeks. Currently I have my mid-terms on my back and quite frankly, it wasn't easy catching up with the 19:00 GMT starting times when you're 7 hours ahead; let alone 20:00...

I'll definitely stick around to this thread though. Despite my "start first, finish last" performances of recent, you guys have been one of the most enjoyable groups to race with. I enjoyed finishing in the midfield with this group more than I enjoyed getting a Daily Race podium, which to me, was worth sacrificing a productive Wednesday. Perhaps the Mach 40 closing race had something to do with it.

I'll also try my best to appear on future races - which meant waking up at 3 AM for me :lol: - but in the mean time, feel free to relegate my position to reserve duties if you wish. :cheers:

@Famine Any word on what you have in store for us this coming Tuesday car wise?
Oh yes :D I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

We're going to do three races. There'll be a Japanese car, an American car, and a UK car. You must use each once, and only once. Each will have their own handicap, to which you will apply your own handicap as before (I'll try to make this more obvious and foolproof this time round). I'll post the tracks and cars up... sometime soon.

Last edited:
After overthinking this one a few times, I've gone a bit more basic:

Japan/US/UK:
* Aston Martin DB11 '16 - 100% Power, 100% Weight
* Dodge Viper GTS '13 - 100% Power, 100% Weight
* Nissan GT-R NISMO '17 - 100% Power, 100% Weight
Tyres:
Sports Medium
Circuits
Race 1: Fuji International Speedway - Short (11 laps)
Race 2: Autodromo Internazionale di Monza (10 laps)
Race 3: Autodromo de Interlagos (11 laps)

The handicap document will be below (I'll correct it to show the right event and handicaps soon)

For reminder purposes, assembly is now fixed at 2000 UTC each week.

The rules for this one are that you must use each of the three cars selected once, and only once, in the races. That means that if you pick the GT-R for Fuji, you cannot use it at Monza or Interlagos. After the three races, everyone should have driven each car only once.

These races have some awkward corners with big braking zones - T1 at all three, along with Monza's della Roggia and Fuji's Dunlop corner - and N600 road cars arrive at them exceptionally quickly. If we could avoid "becoming a missile", that would be great; all of the corners have plenty of room to the outside, and if you totally screw up your braking, that's where you should aim (cars generally turn into corners, thus into your path if you head to the inside). There's also plenty of width on the circuits so we can give plenty of room alongside ourselves too. As a quick reminder:

If you wouldn't be happy racing you in the move you just did, you're being a dick. Defending is fine, changing lines or weaving down the straight is not, and a pass that needs a contact to work is being a dick.
Oh, and you'll want to practice in these cars. They can get a little out of shape...

Last edited:
Neat, way simpler. I was setting about testing all the out N600 cars until I just stopped to watch a stream and completely forgot to test the others. I'm just glad the Mercedes SLR Mclaren wasn't a choice because I swear, that Air brake almost does next to nothing to stop it.

So that just leaves me with two cars to paint as the Viper already has something I think you guys will appreciate.

Latest Posts

Back