GT iRacing Associazione | Discussion Thread (On-hold)

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 101 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll join if you do any kind of weekend series or a later weekday series. My weekday series would have to be much later though, around 9 pm EST.

Sorry, my schedule won't work on Mondays; at all. Have a good series, guys. I'll kick around, though, in case you guys can start a different series for weekends or Fridays. :)

More than likely, yes.

Just finishing up my semester final this weekend - then I'll hopefully host a few practice/race sessions leading up to round 1.

:cheers:

One series i've thought about is a mixed class championship with the Cadillac and MX-5. Tracks will be mostly from the rookie package also. This way, there's no DLC needed for anyone to buy (cars or tracks).

Cars: Cadillac and MX5
Tracks: Laguna, Okayama, Summit Point, Lime Rock, Charlotte Road

Well, with iRacing being a bit unstable at the moment, along with the low interest level, I'm gonna have to delay the series for a couple of weeks.

Well I have to admit I start to lose interest as well with a half finished OP with no information with value. TBA or to be announced 1 month after the OP was created gives me the feeling the lack of interest is at the thread starter.

Don't get me wrong, I will run when ever you decide. But maybe it's about time to do something, you wont get anything sitting and waiting beside a unfinished OP.

Thanks for the input.

I'll blame the lack of interest with the amount of money you need to shell out in order to
participate (Cars/Tracks). Considering this is a Gran Turismo site, I wasn't surprised.

Firstly, this is a 'Discussion' thread. I left questions/ideas for everyone to comment on
which received a handful to no replies (ie. posted a mixed class series on my last post,
btw - OP U/C). Discouraging to say the least. Suffice it to say, this will launch eventually.

I've organized a few leagues in this site in the past (A, B, C, and D). Not the easiest task.

I know you did, I have done a few seasons myself in ICGTC if you remember those crazy guys. And I know it isn't easy. It was in the end almost something that ruined my life, I'm so glad I found a reason to drop it totally.

But I have a idea about leagues over at iRacing, don't mention GTPlanet, people over there seem afraid to race GT drivers or something.

I do plan to organize a championship later on, but for now I still want my break from the organizing and just race.
But when i plan to start I think the best way is to work with others and make a finished layout of the plan and go with it.

See how you did the GT championship. by the look of it from outside it was organized and no BS and by the look of it... It seem to work.

It doesn't look like the iRacing community is used to advanced championships through forums. Lots of championship you have to register on another webpage and it's all very complicated. Maybe a forum championship isn't "serious" enough over there.

I also told Jav this, but if you need any help I can of course help you, I don't know what it can be at the moment, but don't be a stranger. So if you want a straight answer and not a yes sir, of course sir answer you can ask me. I tell you my opinion even if it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back