GT iRacing Associazione | Discussion Thread (On-hold)

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 101 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be fun to mix it up and visit some shorter tracks if we want to make the racing closer - tracks like Silverstone National, Brands Hatch Indy, Suzuka West/East, Zandvoort Club, etc.
I know some would prefer to run tracks that match the official Star Mazda schedule, but personally I'd like to race some tracks that don't get used often.

Maybe running the shorter variants of tracks might make it easier for people to get used to the car quicker? (hence making the races closer?)

Good point Ardius. I just kind of felt nostalgic from the Toca days with Silverstone so i chose it (GP). The shorter version (national) would be a good option also. The Glen is a favorite amongs iracers and produces great racing. Laguna comes in as a default (plus it comes included with the basic membership already).

Can I get a show of hands in terms of who's planning to run the Monday Series?

My little fighter is ready!
Fighter_SM_zpsdd9e9af5.png

That looks sweet Jav :D How long did it take you?

I still haven't got the jist of trading paints - I hope to devulge into it soon enough.

That looks sweet Jav :D How long did it take you?

I still haven't got the jist of trading paints - I hope to devulge into it soon enough.

Arround 45 minutes to an hour to get it done, only because it's a copy of an existing FA livery on P-C.A.R.S so I already knew what I wanted from it. Painting is pretty straight forward once you get used to it!

But the way it works is the other person has to have the files too for him to see it right? I'm still a little confused.

Yes sir! If you don't have installed Trading Paints or manually dropped the skins on your files you won't see the custom skins.

Yep. Download Trading Paints desktop, subscribe to the cars you want to drive and it will download all the paints you need. Upload yours to TP and you'll be good.

Last edited:
Ahh... sounds a bit tasking. I kinda wish iRacing would come up with a dedicated livery editor of their own, but this seems like it's popular amongst many. I'll give it a go tomorrow :)

It's a way of protecting themselves from any copy right issues by using a third party app...

@ Jav - I see. By the way, I see you answer every sim racing questions around the boards with the utmost detail. You're like a walking iRacing encyclopedia :D

Anyway, just installed TP. Gonna see if i can put something up real quick :)

@ MrMelancholy15 - :cheers:

Well that makes 5 drivers committing in Star Mazda so far.
1. Ardius
2. Jav
3. Noshog?
4. MrMelancholy15
5. Masi_23

Reply here if you plan to participate in Star Mazda.​

So, Masi, you'll add me to the league? Andrew Geier. :)

Edit:

Star Mazda is a weekday series? :( I'm good for weekends, and Fridays, only. :(

Last edited:
I will join, however this Monday and maybe until mid week I will be out of town.

@ Andrew - added 👍

@ left888 - thanks! I'll have practice sessions leading up to the race. 👍

By the way, i haven't brought this up yet; should we have it open setup or fixed? I'd prefer it to be open just so i can learn and progress myself. I'm pretty mediocre at best.

Fixed setups would make the faster drivers shine, but each one of us are unique and can be faster/slower in certain cars depending on driving style/feel.

Leave it open setup, that way we can share setups that can help if people want to drive the official schedule.
I've got some setups to share at least!

@ Adrius - Yeah. What does everyone else think?

@ Erik - Right on.

I may host a practice session this coming Monday.

Gotta work on my paint scheme :D

Well that makes 5 drivers committing in Star Mazda so far.
1. Ardius
2. Jav
3. Noshog?
4. MrMelancholy15
5. Masi_23

Reply here if you plan to participate in Star Mazda.​
Sorry I wont be able to make it, I'm in the wrong time zone to race with you all :(

👍

Ok guys, been thinking a bit. What do you all think about having the schedule go with the official series itself? For example: Week 1 of S4 is in Brands Hatch. We'll run that too. Maybe we could get more people participate that way?

I just bought all of the tracks of the Jetta series (yes, :( there's only one now) from the Grand Touring Cup. I've got Zandvoort, Mosport, Barber, Road Atlanta, Road America... I'm listing the main tracks that would be awesome for Star Mazda. :)

I'm still trying to piece together a concrete groundwork for the league - thinking about revisions about the schedule at the moment. I'll hopefully finish within this week (Monday race is postponed for the time being). Most likely, the series (or series') will start in conjunction with season 4. We'll see. :)

:cheers:

Good to hear, Masi. :) Just keep us up-to-date, please, so I can un-learn all of this crazy Jetta two-wheel-driving-stunt-driving-awesomeness I've recently learned. :lol: *only in test sessions, lads. Just like iRallying*

Just got re-familiarized with the SM. Feels great, but a lot slower than I remember.

Been training myself up a bit with that Spec Racer Ford W13 race at Okyama. What a rewarding little car that is to get right.

If the time slot for your series stays around Mondays at ~20.00 UTC then I'm good. And yes, GMT is the same exact thing as UTC. UTC just sounds cooler.

It'll stay the same. 👍

Been doing the SRF also. I can't fathom how these other guys reach 1'48s. Damn aliens.

👍

Ok guys, been thinking a bit. What do you all think about having the schedule go with the official series itself? For example: Week 1 of S4 is in Brands Hatch. We'll run that too. Maybe we could get more people participate that way?

Yeah I don't mind doing that.
As I said before though, it would be nice to do some different tracks that the official series don't visit as often to mix it up. Maybe run the official tracks for now until we get some regular numbers and then add some variety when we've got the numbers?

Actually, if we're still running on a Monday, it would be cool to run the next track in the official schedule? Either or would be good I guess because if we run the current track, everyone will be able to practice in the official races and if we run the next track then the race can be some people's practice for the official races.

Well, here's a tentative schedule. About half of the tracks coincide with Season 4.

smcs1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back