GT iRacing Associazione | Discussion Thread (On-hold)

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 101 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, well i can always set it up on weekends, but that would mean i'd miss every single race all together. I'm a med student and have clinicals on friday and saturday (Sunday is family time). But like i said, i can set it up depending on what the majority feels like. I'd be more than happy to just overlook/organize and not race. Depending on the success, my plan is to have multiple series' running in different times throughout a week - but that's an 'if.'

EDIT:

Proposed Schedule | Star Mazda Season 1
Round 1 | October 23 | Tuesday | 21.00 GMT
Round 2 | November 30 | Tuesday | 21.00 GMT
Round 3 | November 6 | Tuesday | 21.00 GMT
Round 4 | November 13 | Tuesday | 21.00 GMT​

Tracks to be considered (TBD by Poll):
Brands Hatch
Laguna Seca Raceway
Silverstone Circuit
Spa Francorchamps
Road Atlanta
Road America
Watkins Glen
Suzuka Circuit
Phillip Island
Zandvoort​

Last edited:
Aderrrm
Weekdays are good for me, as is the proposed time. I may have a preferred day if I get a job.

Can't do those times on a weekday for Australia. It's 8am and we would have to work. But all considered I think we are the minority though.

Proposed Schedule | Star Mazda Season 1
Round 1 | October 23 | Tuesday | 21.00 GMT
Round 2 | November 30 | Tuesday | 21.00 GMT
Round 3 | November 6 | Tuesday | 21.00 GMT
Round 4 | November 13 | Tuesday | 21.00 GMT​

Tracks to be considered (TBD by Poll):
Brands Hatch
Laguna Seca Raceway
Silverstone Circuit
Spa Francorchamps
Road Atlanta
Road America
Watkins Glen
Suzuka Circuit
Phillip Island
Zandvoort​

That's a nice selection of tracks. Brands Hatch, Spa, Suzuka, and Zandvoort are some of my favourites and would be a blast with this car.

Too bad 21:00 GMT will be 2:00 pm local time for me.

Let's see how everyone feels about it and ill revise the timeslot accordingly.

As with Jav's leagues I would love to join you guys but unfortunately I'm on the wrong side of the world to race with you all :(

I'm interested and I can make that time but how long for race distances? Longer than 30 minutes for the session is going to be a bit much for me for a Tuesday at that time.

Races will be 30 to 45 mins. Tueaday slot is not final btw. Time slot i might move 1 hour. Anyway, here's what the session times will look like:
30 min practice | 30 minute qualy | 30 minute race (or 45)

I'll start up a poll to decide which day would be best for everyone.
Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday

Raceday Poll | Choose Your Preffered Day | Copy Paste and add your vote below:
Monday - I
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -

Every day suits me fine, but the time 21:00GMT needs to stay for me. a hour earlier or later will work, but change it totally and I'll be following the championship instead of racing I'm afraid.

Ok, looks like the iRacing sub-forum died for a couple of days.

I'll do a few things to bring in a few people so we can have this up and running.

Have a great weekend to everyone.

:cheers:

@ Erik - We'll see about it once we get more people in.

i hope Eric that you revert the race 1 hour back so 20:00 PM :) if not i will try to make it, btw any recommended settings for the Star Mazda - G27? the steering feels very heavy
but if i lower the ffb settings in iracing the wheel gets good but i cant feel ffb.... :(

Just to remind you about summertime in Europe is ending 28th of October Niss, so turning the clock back one hour is happening after one race. If you need another hour on top of that, well then it might be very early for the guys in the PST time zone.

Personally I don't see the weekdays work for very many people when you want people around the globe to join in. I mean 14:00 PST, people going to school here in Norway haven't even finished school at that time. But I guess Masi decide in the end and let's hope we get lots of cars on the grid :)

About your FFB setting Niss, try search the iRacing forum, lots good tips over there.

14.00 PST, or 2.00pm in Los Angeles translates to 11.00pm in Copenhagen.

:)

But yeah, i think timeslot is fine. Just Raceday is iffy.

@ Niss - I second Erik. The 'hardware' section of the member forums are great. Most popular place in the forums i believe. You'll get help there in no time.

Last edited:
👍

I'll be making the timeslot final soon so we can start sign-ups officially.

Check the league page link in the OP (league directory @ iracing.com)

Hi guys, thanks for invite. I think this is out of my ability level at the moment, but hope you get enough interest to keep it going.

I will get there eventually, and when I do a late GMT time slot is perfect!

Well I haven't really driven the Star Mazda yet so I guess I be the back marker for this one. But I have to give it a try and the level of ability will show in the results. But if someone can win, someone have to lose so thats just part of racing ;) I say join the fun and you and me might learn the Star Mazda together ;)

Competition makes you better 👍 There is nothing to lose here.

Timeslot is final and i hope you guys are ok with moving the Raceday to Monday. I'll have the official thread up within this week. Too busy with med school at the moment.

Cheerio!
:cheers:

SMC_S1-1.png

Last edited:
Hopefully I can make the next series you have planned, if there are any. 👍

You haven't renewed yet Aderrrm? Waiting for that thanksgiving sale i assume.

:)

Ahh... well, hope to see you soon.

@ everyone - Any comments and suggestions on the schedule? It's not final as of yet.

Update 10-18-2012
Late Model Tour Season 1 or GT Challenge (Corvette vs Ford GT)
Raceday: Sunday
Timeslot: 21.00 GMT​

Last edited:
If you're proposing a Sunday evening slot, I'm in (either Late Model series or GT; I'm up for either) :)

👍

As with Jav's league, Derek Speare will be coming on board as a primary supporter (and sponsor) of the league. Nothing concrete yet, but it's nice to have him on board.

Can I get a show of hands in terms of who's planning to run the Monday Series?

I'm still planning on doing so.

I'm happy with the track selections so far. I only ask we visit the following at some point with the Star Mazda's:
Brands Hatch GP
Zandvoort
Suzuka

I'm actually thinking of replacing SPA with brands hatch. Would make the racing a little closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back